DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Shakespeare in Love (1998)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Shakespeare in Love (1998) Empty
PostSubject: Shakespeare in Love (1998)   Shakespeare in Love (1998) Icon_minipostedMon Nov 23, 2009 4:20 am

Shakespeare in Love is a period piece. The film is about William Shakespeare as he is writing his play Romeo and Juliet. In this film, which is not based on reality, his own life seems to echo what he writes for his play. A few of the characters are based on actual people and a few scenes are based in reality, but most of this film is completely made up.

Playing William Shakespeare is Joseph Fiennes. His love interest is played by Gwyneth Paltrow. This film also has Judi Dench, Geoffrey Rush, and a few others in supporting roles.

In terms of awards, this film did quite well winning seven Academy Awards including best picture. This film didn't really seem like a best picture type of film to me, so I'm surprised it won. Other wins include a best actress award for Paltrow which seemed at least reasonable. Dench won for best supporting actress but I question this one as well as she barely had any role whatsoever in this film. The film also won for best costume design which seems pretty justified given the fancy costumes a film like this requires. Overall, this wasn't one of my favorites but it was certainly better than I was expecting as this type of film generally doesn't interest me. It was good enough to hold my attention and that's about as much as I could have hoped for going in.

74/100
C
Back to top Go down

Shakespeare in Love (1998)
Page 1 of 1