DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

RIP Tigersaint

Go down 
+11
detroitwings82
Ohios#1TigerFan
grandyporcfan
rickimouse
laprimamirala
catbox_9
Tigerfan1984
gs78
gdennis59
GoGetEmTigers
bobrob2004
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

RIP Tigersaint - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Tigersaint   RIP Tigersaint - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSun Aug 02, 2009 11:35 pm

GoGetEmTigers wrote:
I posted some more videos of Scott's music in the music thread. Boy what a great voice!

It is Sad that he had so much talent and died so young No
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Number of posts : 7415
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tigersaint   RIP Tigersaint - Page 2 Icon_minipostedMon Aug 03, 2009 11:42 pm

Sad
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/baseballer41001
GoGetEmTigers
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)
Registration date : 2007-10-05

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tigersaint   RIP Tigersaint - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Aug 04, 2009 4:50 pm

Obituary

Scott Turnbull

TURNBULL, Scott of St. Petersburg, formerly of Clarkston, MI, passed away peacefully July 28, 2009 due to his battle with diabetes, at age 48; survived by father, Robert Turnbull of Davenport, FL; & sister, Lizbeth Creech (Jeff) of Ft Wayne, IN. He was preceded in death by his mother, Marci Turnbull of St. Petersburg. Scott was a music teacher at Bear Creek Elementary, St. Petersburg, and a longtime affiliate of the Barbershop Singing Organization SPEBSQSA. Scott's following of friends will miss him dearly. Services will be held Wednesday, Aug. 5, 2009, 5 pm at Friendship Community Church, 152 Treasure Island Causeway, St. Petersburg, with visitation to follow after the service. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the Diabetes Foundation.
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tigersaint   RIP Tigersaint - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Aug 04, 2009 5:16 pm

If you click on the link Obituary it will take you to his obit and allow you to sign his Guestbook.
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female
Number of posts : 14194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio........:)
Registration date : 2007-10-29

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tigersaint   RIP Tigersaint - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Aug 04, 2009 7:19 pm

thanks so much for that, Gogetem.
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tigersaint   RIP Tigersaint - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Aug 04, 2009 7:39 pm

Frown Life is toooooooooo short.
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female
Number of posts : 14194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio........:)
Registration date : 2007-10-29

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tigersaint   RIP Tigersaint - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Aug 04, 2009 7:54 pm

gdennis59 wrote:
Frown Life is toooooooooo short.

a lesson we continually re-learn throughout life, G
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tigersaint   RIP Tigersaint - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Aug 04, 2009 8:52 pm

Part of me wants to stay young and live it up, but the other part of me NEEDS to be grown at most times and I don't have as much fun as I'd like.

It's hard to be a kid when you have so many responsibilities and priorities, and so many people looking at you to make sure you're doing right, and it puts so much pressure on you.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tigersaint   RIP Tigersaint - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Aug 05, 2009 2:44 am

gdennis59 wrote:
Part of me wants to stay young and live it up, but the other part of me NEEDS to be grown at most times and I don't have as much fun as I'd like.

It's hard to be a kid when you have so many responsibilities and priorities, and so many people looking at you to make sure you're doing right, and it puts so much pressure on you.

Hold on to 16 as long as you can G

Being older sucks sometimes; I think I am having a mid life crisis in my 30s
Back to top Go down
BGPhilbin

Male
Number of posts : 1
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Ty Cobb
Registration date : 2009-08-05

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tigersaint   RIP Tigersaint - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Aug 05, 2009 10:16 pm

Hello, all,

I just wanted to thank all of you for saying such very kind things about my dear friend, Scott Turnbull (TigerSaint). Scott was loved by pretty much everyone who knew him. He and I sang together in a quartet for several years called "The Ivy League". He was a very talented musician/arranger/performer and if you have a moment and would like to see his charming, witty self in his heydey, you should seek out the quartet's videos on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/user/davebass63. Lots of fun stuff to see there, courtesy of our bass, Dave.

He greatly enjoyed being a member of this board. Between FaceBook and this forum, he found a lot of great support and enjoyment on days that would have otherwise felt bleak to him.

Thanks for helping to bring brightness to his life through one of his passions.

Pax, harmonia,

BGPhilbin
Back to top Go down
Pudgerocks
West Michigan Whitecap
West Michigan Whitecap
Pudgerocks

Female
Number of posts : 392
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Still not over Ivan but am going to have to defect to Carlos!
Registration date : 2007-10-07

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tigersaint   RIP Tigersaint - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Aug 06, 2009 1:04 am

[
He greatly enjoyed being a member of this board. Between FaceBook and this forum, he found a lot of great support and enjoyment on days that would have otherwise felt bleak to him.

We miss him so much! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://klbennett426@yahoo.com
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tigersaint   RIP Tigersaint - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Aug 06, 2009 2:14 am

Pudgerocks wrote:
[

We miss him so much! Crying or Very sad

Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tigersaint   RIP Tigersaint - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Aug 06, 2009 4:25 pm

Sad
Back to top Go down
TigerLily
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
TigerLily

Female
Number of posts : 1848
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : How do I choose?
Registration date : 2007-11-30

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tigersaint   RIP Tigersaint - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Aug 19, 2009 4:01 am

I hate to revive this thread, but man this isn't what I wanted to hear...

Oh Saint, I never got to meet you...
Back to top Go down
Ohios#1TigerFan
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
Ohios#1TigerFan

Male
Number of posts : 1473
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Placido, Thames, Miggy, B.Inge

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tigersaint   RIP Tigersaint - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Aug 19, 2009 2:14 pm

I know how ya feel TigerLily...I was totally shocked when I first found out. But now he's got a front row seat for the REAL Legends baseball game...lol. I can see him booing the Babe, and cheering for Ty Cobb...
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tigersaint   RIP Tigersaint - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Aug 19, 2009 3:10 pm

Ohios#1TigerFan wrote:
I know how ya feel TigerLily...I was totally shocked when I first found out. But now he's got a front row seat for the REAL Legends baseball game...lol. I can see him booing the Babe, and cheering for Ty Cobb...

He sure is; I kind of envy Saint right now; At least he is in a better place right now;
Back to top Go down
Pudgerocks
West Michigan Whitecap
West Michigan Whitecap
Pudgerocks

Female
Number of posts : 392
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Still not over Ivan but am going to have to defect to Carlos!
Registration date : 2007-10-07

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tigersaint   RIP Tigersaint - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Aug 19, 2009 11:25 pm

He sure is! God bless him!
Back to top Go down
http://klbennett426@yahoo.com
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tigersaint   RIP Tigersaint - Page 2 Icon_minipostedFri Oct 23, 2009 10:56 am

Scott Turnbull Memorial