DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

New Mayor Bing announces leaders of his turnaround team

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
GoGetEmTigers
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)
Registration date : 2007-10-05

New Mayor Bing announces leaders of his turnaround team Empty
PostSubject: New Mayor Bing announces leaders of his turnaround team   New Mayor Bing announces leaders of his turnaround team Icon_minipostedWed May 06, 2009 3:41 pm

Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Bing announces leaders of his turnaround team
Santiago Esparza / The Detroit News

Detroit -- Detroit's mayor-elect Dave Bing has announced the co-chairs of his turnaround team but declined to name everyone in the 31-person group.

Bing said that Freman Hendrix, Denise Ilitch and Joe Walsh, a retired Ford Motor Co. worker, will serve as the co-chairs.

Bing addressed the media today at Southern Fires restaurant, on the city's east side, to outline some of his priorities as mayor, a day after Detroit voters chose him over Mayor Kenneth Cockrel Jr. to complete the remainder of Kwame Kilpatrick's term.

Bing said he spoke with Cockrel about 11 a.m. today and expects to have cordial dealings with him.

"I think he is a professional, and I am a professional. We are both adults," Bing said.

As far as the incoming co-chairs, Bing said they aren't looking for jobs and aren't costing the city money. They will work with him for his first 100 days in office.

"They are people very supportive of the city," Bing said. "They have the skill sets that I need. They have the credibility."

The co-chairs would deal with matters of finance, budget, labor law, human resources, stimulus and procurement.

Bing said his top priority is getting up to speed on the city's budget. He said he already has a problem with Cockrel's proposed budget that included a 10 percent pay cut for city employees.

"That is something I want to take a hard look at," Bing said.

He also said proposed cuts to public safety, the possibility of privatizing the city's lighting and parking departments, and the sale of the Detroit-Windsor Tunnel are troublesome.

"I don't feel good about it," he said.

Keeping the North American International Auto Show at Cobo Center also is a priority, Bing said.

Bing said he has contacted stakeholders involved with the show, as well as those pushing for it to move to Oakland County. But Bing would not specifically say who he has talked with.

"Cobo is still an issue that has to be dealt with yesterday. That is very, very high on my agenda."

sesparza@detnews.com (313) 222-2127
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: New Mayor Bing announces leaders of his turnaround team   New Mayor Bing announces leaders of his turnaround team Icon_minipostedWed May 06, 2009 3:42 pm

Congrats mayor-elect Bing!

applaud
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: New Mayor Bing announces leaders of his turnaround team   New Mayor Bing announces leaders of his turnaround team Icon_minipostedWed May 06, 2009 5:17 pm

Just a matter of time before Kwame decides to run for Mayor of Detroit again

And he will win

I do feel sorry for Shrek

I mean Cockrel

I bet he never will be Mayor again
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646

PostSubject: Re: New Mayor Bing announces leaders of his turnaround team   New Mayor Bing announces leaders of his turnaround team Icon_minipostedThu May 07, 2009 11:55 am

Denise Ilitch? The same person who moved the Tigers from WJR to less powered, often hard-to-hear WXYT? And I was forced to listen to that before they started broadcasting in FM a few years ago?

I think she did a few more dumb moves for the Tigers before daddy fired her, but that one was the most stupid.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: New Mayor Bing announces leaders of his turnaround team   New Mayor Bing announces leaders of his turnaround team Icon_minipostedThu May 07, 2009 5:48 pm

bobrob2004 wrote:
Denise Ilitch? The same person who moved the Tigers from WJR to less powered, often hard-to-hear WXYT? And I was forced to listen to that before they started broadcasting in FM a few years ago?

I think she did a few more dumb moves for the Tigers before daddy fired her, but that one was the most stupid.

You got that right; Why the hell does Bing want her on his team?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Mayor Bing announces leaders of his turnaround team   New Mayor Bing announces leaders of his turnaround team Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

New Mayor Bing announces leaders of his turnaround team
Page 1 of 1