DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Ok, I am SO not hearing this

Go down 
+4
gdennis59
SoulRat
catbox_9
laprimamirala
8 posters
AuthorMessage
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female
Number of posts : 14194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio........:)
Registration date : 2007-10-29

Ok, I am SO not hearing this Empty
PostSubject: Ok, I am SO not hearing this   Ok, I am SO not hearing this Icon_minipostedFri Apr 17, 2009 10:40 pm

Tigers.com reports a trade rumor....Miggy to the Red Sox?!?!??

(I want whatever that OP is drinkin')
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Ok, I am SO not hearing this   Ok, I am SO not hearing this Icon_minipostedFri Apr 17, 2009 10:49 pm

It's a rumor. Never buy into rumors.
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female
Number of posts : 9935
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I like fish at the moment....
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Ok, I am SO not hearing this   Ok, I am SO not hearing this Icon_minipostedFri Apr 17, 2009 11:11 pm

hahahahaha
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Number of posts : 7415
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Ok, I am SO not hearing this   Ok, I am SO not hearing this Icon_minipostedSat Apr 18, 2009 1:33 am

Because we totally need to get rid of him of all people. I like our team the way it is now.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/baseballer41001
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: Ok, I am SO not hearing this   Ok, I am SO not hearing this Icon_minipostedSat Apr 18, 2009 2:06 am

Don't they wish, at Boston.... they would need to give us half their team to get Miggy!
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Ok, I am SO not hearing this   Ok, I am SO not hearing this Icon_minipostedSat Apr 18, 2009 4:21 pm

laprimamirala wrote:
Tigers.com reports a trade rumor....Miggy to the Red Sox?!?!??

(I want whatever that OP is drinkin')

The website itself or their fan message board

Either way I don't believe it
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646

PostSubject: Re: Ok, I am SO not hearing this   Ok, I am SO not hearing this Icon_minipostedSat Apr 18, 2009 5:06 pm

It was something ESPN started a few days ago. Saying that if the Tigers are in last place and can't afford Cabrera anymore, Boston would be like the only team to take him. He also gave a 10% chance of it happening. It was a real rumor from a real outside source and not some fake fantasy from a nobody.
Back to top Go down
mrsrabelo
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
mrsrabelo

Female
Number of posts : 2284
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Jeff Larish | Fish: Mike Rabelo | Rockie: Jason Grilli | Bullpen catcher: Scott Pickens

PostSubject: Re: Ok, I am SO not hearing this   Ok, I am SO not hearing this Icon_minipostedSat Apr 18, 2009 8:05 pm

GoGetEmTigers wrote:
Don't they wish, at Boston.... they would need to give us half their team to get Miggy!

Or just Jacoby Sigh
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hotpinkangel09
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Ok, I am SO not hearing this   Ok, I am SO not hearing this Icon_minipostedMon Apr 20, 2009 8:03 pm

bobrob2004 wrote:
It was something ESPN started a few days ago. Saying that if the Tigers are in last place and can't afford Cabrera anymore, Boston would be like the only team to take him. He also gave a 10% chance of it happening. It was a real rumor from a real outside source and not some fake fantasy from a nobody.

Like the Tigers are really gonna be in last place this season
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646

PostSubject: Re: Ok, I am SO not hearing this   Ok, I am SO not hearing this Icon_minipostedWed Apr 22, 2009 11:22 am

This should make everyone feel better...

Dombrowski: Tigers will keep Cabrera
GM denies rumors that slugger could be traded

ANAHEIM -- There isn't much trade speculation that will draw a strong reaction from Tigers president/general manager Dave Dombrowski, especially this early in the season. When asked if he had any reaction to the weekend speculation that Miguel Cabrera could be available in a trade later this season for payroll reasons, Dombrowski pounced to rule it out.

"I think it's absurd, absolutely absurd," Dombrowski said Tuesday night prior to the Tigers' series opener against the Angels.

"We have no interest in trading Miguel Cabrera," Dombrowski said. "We have had no talks regarding Miguel Cabrera. Not only is it one of the last things we would ever consider, we have an owner [Mike Ilitch] who would never let that happen. This is our core player who's our foundation."

The speculation came from analysts on ESPN over the weekend, based partly on the idea that the faltering economy in Detroit could force the Tigers to shed payroll, namely Cabrera's lucrative contract. He's scheduled to make $15 million this year, then $126 million over the next six years as part of his eight-year, $152.3 million deal signed before last season, just after the Tigers acquired him from the Marlins.

Another reason for the speculation was the season-opening slump from Boston slugger David Ortiz and the possibility that the Red Sox could try to trade for another slugger if Ortiz couldn't pull out of it.

Dombrowski said he heard the rumor twice on television over the weekend and was upset about it for Cabrera's sake. Cabrera entered Tuesday leading the American League in batting average and hits to go with four home runs and 12 RBIs.

"This is our core player who's our foundation," Dombrowski said.

As for the Tigers' economics, Dombrowski said season-ticket sales are in the "middle of the pack" among Major League clubs. They're off mainly in comparison to the record totals reached in 2008, and not so different from 2007.

Dombrowski also pointed to owner Mike Ilitch and his track record of building teams around star players with the Red Wings and the Tigers in recent years. It was Ilitch, after all, who put forth the idea of trying to trade for Cabrera two offseasons ago. It's also Ilitch who has committed money to improve the Red Wings over the last two years in spite of the Michigan economy.

"There's nothing that can happen this year that's going to make us think about trading Miguel Cabrera," Dombrowski said.
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female
Number of posts : 14194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio........:)
Registration date : 2007-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Ok, I am SO not hearing this   Ok, I am SO not hearing this Icon_minipostedWed Apr 22, 2009 11:46 am

M. Cabrera bow
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Number of posts : 7415
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Ok, I am SO not hearing this   Ok, I am SO not hearing this Icon_minipostedWed Apr 22, 2009 12:09 pm

Yay2
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/baseballer41001
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ok, I am SO not hearing this   Ok, I am SO not hearing this Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Ok, I am SO not hearing this
Page 1 of 1