DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

I Went Shoppin on Black Friday

Go down 
+6
GoGetEmTigers
gs78
bobrob2004
catbox_9
TG
gdennis59
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Number of posts : 7415
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

I Went Shoppin on Black Friday Empty
PostSubject: I Went Shoppin on Black Friday   I Went Shoppin on Black Friday Icon_minipostedSat Nov 29, 2008 11:42 am

Yeah.
It was brutal. I had to go all yesterday on one hour of sleep since I had to go to my grandmas as soon as I got home.

I went with Bryon, and me and him only got one hour of sleep. We left his house at I think 2ish. Got to WalMart at 4 after dropping his mom off at work and gettting breakfast. WalMart sucked. They were really shitty this year. So we ended up standing in Target's line from 4:30 to 5. Got into Target, did some pushing and shoving for some movies, did this and that, got out. Went to Lowe's for a flashlight, then went to Kohl's to visit his Bryons mom.

All in all it was fun, but I just slept for effing 12 hours.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/baseballer41001
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female
Number of posts : 8073
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I don't even know anymore.
Registration date : 2007-10-05

PostSubject: Re: I Went Shoppin on Black Friday   I Went Shoppin on Black Friday Icon_minipostedSat Nov 29, 2008 12:16 pm

ha. sounds fun.

I got home at about 11:30 on thursday night, went to sleep at about 1, and woke up at 3:45. Then I didn't even end up leaving until like.... 7:30. We went to the mall and it was INSANE. But a lot of fun. I had to shop for myself for christmas, and now I don't get any of it for another month. It kinda sucked.

Oh, and then after I got home at about 1, my friends had that great idea of going to see Twilight at 8. The movie sucked, and sitting in a dark movie theater was a BAD plan when you were exhausted. I kept almost falling asleep.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander

PostSubject: Re: I Went Shoppin on Black Friday   I Went Shoppin on Black Friday Icon_minipostedSat Nov 29, 2008 2:33 pm

I camped out in front of Wal-Mart from midnight to 5AM for Black Friday a few years ago. I had no money so I didn't buy anything. I got a coupon to purchase a laptop (that was the big doorbuster that year) and I sold my coupon for $20 to someone.

I once camped out in front of Best Buy from 3PM until 8AM (in the pouring rain no less) to get an XBOX360. Good times!
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646

PostSubject: Re: I Went Shoppin on Black Friday   I Went Shoppin on Black Friday Icon_minipostedSat Nov 29, 2008 3:03 pm

Shopping on Black Friday can be murder...literally...

Surging shoppers kill New York Wal-Mart worker

NEW YORK (Reuters) - A man working for Wal-Mart was killed on Friday when a throng of shoppers surged into a Long Island, New York, store and physically broke down the doors, a police spokesman said.

The 34-year-old man was at the entrance of the Valley Stream Walmart store just after it opened at 5 a.m. local time and was knocked to the ground, the police report said.

The exact cause of death was still to be determined by a medical examiner.

Four shoppers, including a 28-year-old pregnant woman, were also taken to local hospitals for injuries sustained in the incident, police said.

Wal-Mart said it was saddened by the death of the man, who was working for a temporary employment agency serving the discount retailer, and by the injuries suffered by shoppers.

"The safety and security of our customers and associates is our top priority," the world's largest retailer said in a statement. It said the incident was still under investigation and referred any other inquiries to local police.

The Friday after America's Thanksgiving holiday is known a Black Friday and marks what is traditionally the busiest retail day of the year, kicking off the Christmas shopping season.

U.S. stores across the country opened in the early hours of Friday to offer discounts to consumers hit by a contracting economy. Hundreds of shoppers waited on line before dawn at some locations to secure deals on holiday gifts.

(Reporting by Michele Gershberg; Editing by Daniel Trotta and Sandra Maler)
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646

PostSubject: Re: I Went Shoppin on Black Friday   I Went Shoppin on Black Friday Icon_minipostedSat Nov 29, 2008 3:07 pm

Embedded video from CNN Video
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: I Went Shoppin on Black Friday   I Went Shoppin on Black Friday Icon_minipostedSat Nov 29, 2008 6:08 pm

I didn't buy a damn thing on Friday
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: I Went Shoppin on Black Friday   I Went Shoppin on Black Friday Icon_minipostedSat Nov 29, 2008 6:18 pm

bobrob2004 wrote:
Shopping on Black Friday can be murder...literally...

Surging shoppers kill New York Wal-Mart worker

NEW YORK (Reuters) - A man working for Wal-Mart was killed on Friday when a throng of shoppers surged into a Long Island, New York, store and physically broke down the doors, a police spokesman said.

The 34-year-old man was at the entrance of the Valley Stream Walmart store just after it opened at 5 a.m. local time and was knocked to the ground, the police report said.

The exact cause of death was still to be determined by a medical examiner.

Four shoppers, including a 28-year-old pregnant woman, were also taken to local hospitals for injuries sustained in the incident, police said.

Wal-Mart said it was saddened by the death of the man, who was working for a temporary employment agency serving the discount retailer, and by the injuries suffered by shoppers.

"The safety and security of our customers and associates is our top priority," the world's largest retailer said in a statement. It said the incident was still under investigation and referred any other inquiries to local police.

The Friday after America's Thanksgiving holiday is known a Black Friday and marks what is traditionally the busiest retail day of the year, kicking off the Christmas shopping season.

U.S. stores across the country opened in the early hours of Friday to offer discounts to consumers hit by a contracting economy. Hundreds of shoppers waited on line before dawn at some locations to secure deals on holiday gifts.

(Reporting by Michele Gershberg; Editing by Daniel Trotta and Sandra Maler)

That is ridiculous rant

Break down the doors

So an innocent worker gets killed

so people can save a few bucks

on Chinese made goods
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: I Went Shoppin on Black Friday   I Went Shoppin on Black Friday Icon_minipostedSat Nov 29, 2008 6:28 pm

I stayed home, no way I am going to mess with rabid idiots who act like 2 year olds, just to fight over a few sales items... you can usually go a few days later, or after Christmas, and get just as good of a deal.
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female
Number of posts : 14194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio........:)
Registration date : 2007-10-29

PostSubject: Re: I Went Shoppin on Black Friday   I Went Shoppin on Black Friday Icon_minipostedSat Nov 29, 2008 7:22 pm

we always go the week after Christmas Day! after all, Christmas is a season, not just a day, but that's where Christianity and the retail world clash.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: I Went Shoppin on Black Friday   I Went Shoppin on Black Friday Icon_minipostedSat Nov 29, 2008 8:14 pm

We always go on Black Friday, and then a few other times. I always have to go shopping for myself andtell my parents what I want because they have no clue...
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: I Went Shoppin on Black Friday   I Went Shoppin on Black Friday Icon_minipostedSat Nov 29, 2008 9:24 pm

the Valentine's Day decorations probaby go up the day after Christmas....*sigh*
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: I Went Shoppin on Black Friday   I Went Shoppin on Black Friday Icon_minipostedSat Nov 29, 2008 9:26 pm

I hate valentine's day... Mine completely sucked last year. Although I did get something accomplished.
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: I Went Shoppin on Black Friday   I Went Shoppin on Black Friday Icon_minipostedSat Nov 29, 2008 9:34 pm

I get lotsa chocolate because diamonds are...well, just diamonds Big Smile
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: I Went Shoppin on Black Friday   I Went Shoppin on Black Friday Icon_minipostedSat Nov 29, 2008 9:37 pm

ha. My parents did that 2 years ago for me.... I think I STILL have some of it.

So my mom will now take me to the mall and tell me a price limit, and let me go wherever I want. What sucks is that now I don't get any of my hoodies and shirts and all that until Christmas...
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: I Went Shoppin on Black Friday   I Went Shoppin on Black Friday Icon_minipostedSat Nov 29, 2008 9:44 pm

you gettin' an Ed Hardy hoodie?
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: I Went Shoppin on Black Friday   I Went Shoppin on Black Friday Icon_minipostedSat Nov 29, 2008 9:49 pm

Nope.
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: I Went Shoppin on Black Friday   I Went Shoppin on Black Friday Icon_minipostedSat Nov 29, 2008 9:54 pm

those look hot! I finally broke down and got 2 Ed Hardy t-shirts.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: I Went Shoppin on Black Friday   I Went Shoppin on Black Friday Icon_minipostedSat Nov 29, 2008 9:56 pm

They are alright. I'm getting 2 AE hoodies, and a 2 from other stores. :]
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: I Went Shoppin on Black Friday   I Went Shoppin on Black Friday Icon_minipostedSat Nov 29, 2008 9:58 pm

aeropostale?
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: I Went Shoppin on Black Friday   I Went Shoppin on Black Friday Icon_minipostedSat Nov 29, 2008 10:08 pm

I don't like aeropostale much. ha. everyone says I'm weird because I like ae but not aeropostale. I want this hoodie from Buckle but it was like $100 so I'm not even gonna bother asking. ha
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander

PostSubject: Re: I Went Shoppin on Black Friday   I Went Shoppin on Black Friday Icon_minipostedSun Nov 30, 2008 3:56 am

laprimamirala wrote:
I get lotsa chocolate because diamonds are..

...forever

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: I Went Shoppin on Black Friday   I Went Shoppin on Black Friday Icon_minipostedSun Nov 30, 2008 9:03 am

catbox_9 wrote:
laprimamirala wrote:
I get lotsa chocolate because diamonds are..

...forever

Spoiler:

chocolate is muuuuuuuuuuch better
Back to top Go down
mrsrabelo
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
mrsrabelo

Female
Number of posts : 2284
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Jeff Larish | Fish: Mike Rabelo | Rockie: Jason Grilli | Bullpen catcher: Scott Pickens

PostSubject: Re: I Went Shoppin on Black Friday   I Went Shoppin on Black Friday Icon_minipostedSun Nov 30, 2008 12:02 pm

laprimamirala wrote:

Really? I asked for one for Christmas (so I can be like the Tigers on road trips :haha:) But I don't know if I'm gunna get one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hotpinkangel09
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: I Went Shoppin on Black Friday   I Went Shoppin on Black Friday Icon_minipostedSun Nov 30, 2008 12:29 pm

mrsrabelo wrote:
laprimamirala wrote:

Really? I asked for one for Christmas (so I can be like the Tigers on road trips :haha:) But I don't know if I'm gunna get one.

Me too! It would be fun to got to Cleveland wearing one! Tell Santa to check eBay. The short-sleeved Ts are around $35-$45.

I got a purple "Lotus" one and a red "Death Before Dishonor." I can't get into the skulls and "Love Kills Slowly."
Back to top Go down
mrsrabelo
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
mrsrabelo

Female
Number of posts : 2284
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Jeff Larish | Fish: Mike Rabelo | Rockie: Jason Grilli | Bullpen catcher: Scott Pickens

PostSubject: Re: I Went Shoppin on Black Friday   I Went Shoppin on Black Friday Icon_minipostedSun Nov 30, 2008 4:50 pm

laprimamirala wrote:
mrsrabelo wrote:
laprimamirala wrote:

Me too! It would be fun to got to Cleveland wearing one! Tell Santa to check eBay. The short-sleeved Ts are around $35-$45.

I got a purple "Lotus" one and a red "Death Before Dishonor." I can't get into the skulls and "Love Kills Slowly."

Aww cool. I want the one with the Tiger on it haha
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hotpinkangel09
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I Went Shoppin on Black Friday   I Went Shoppin on Black Friday Icon_minipostedSun Nov 30, 2008 7:24 pm

Who the hell is Ed Hardy?
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: I Went Shoppin on Black Friday   I Went Shoppin on Black Friday Icon_minipostedSun Nov 30, 2008 7:41 pm

:shrug: some guy?
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I Went Shoppin on Black Friday   I Went Shoppin on Black Friday Icon_minipostedSun Nov 30, 2008 7:56 pm

Beats Me
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: I Went Shoppin on Black Friday   I Went Shoppin on Black Friday Icon_minipostedSun Nov 30, 2008 8:22 pm

He is a tattoo artist in the LA area. His designs are on pricey T-shirts that many Tigers players wear when not playing beisbol.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: I Went Shoppin on Black Friday   I Went Shoppin on Black Friday Icon_minipostedSun Nov 30, 2008 8:28 pm

Ooooh. I see Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Went Shoppin on Black Friday   I Went Shoppin on Black Friday Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

I Went Shoppin on Black Friday
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next