DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

2008 Election Results Thread

Go down 
+5
laprimamirala
GoGetEmTigers
bobrob2004
gs78
catbox_9
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

2008 Election Results Thread - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2008 Election Results Thread   2008 Election Results Thread - Page 8 Icon_minipostedSat Nov 08, 2008 3:18 am

gs78 wrote:

How Liberal do you want it Catbox?
Her, Reid, Obama
AKA The Three Stooges
Are running the country

I should clarify what I mean by calling myself a hardcore liberal. I'll admit, I don't know a whole lot about economics so I have a hard time figuring out what's best there. On social issues I am about 99.99% liberal. When we aren't talking economics liberal social agenda harms nobody and will have no effect whatsoever on people who want to be ultra-right-wing social conservatives.

Since I'm so liberal that way and don't really know/care on the economic issues I figure why not go with the party that I like on issues I do understand/care about?
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Election Results Thread   2008 Election Results Thread - Page 8 Icon_minipostedSat Nov 08, 2008 3:55 am

catbox_9 wrote:
gs78 wrote:

Her, Reid, Obama
AKA The Three Stooges
Are running the country

I should clarify what I mean by calling myself a hardcore liberal. I'll admit, I don't know a whole lot about economics so I have a hard time figuring out what's best there. On social issues I am about 99.99% liberal. When we aren't talking economics liberal social agenda harms nobody and will have no effect whatsoever on people who want to be ultra-right-wing social conservatives.

Since I'm so liberal that way and don't really know/care on the economic issues I figure why not go with the party that I like on issues I do understand/care about?

Ron Paul is the best candidate

Economics Wise

Check him out on YouTube.com
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Election Results Thread   2008 Election Results Thread - Page 8 Icon_minipostedSat Nov 08, 2008 3:56 am

catbox_9 wrote:
gs78 wrote:

Her, Reid, Obama
AKA The Three Stooges
Are running the country

The problem with people that favor social issues is that they tend to think the American Taxpayer is a blank checkbook

The buck has to stop somewhere
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Election Results Thread   2008 Election Results Thread - Page 8 Icon_minipostedSat Nov 08, 2008 5:02 am

gs78 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
gs78 wrote:

Her, Reid, Obama
AKA The Three Stooges
Are running the country

The problem with people that favor social issues is that they tend to think the American Taxpayer is a blank checkbook

The buck has to stop somewhere

Now you're combining economics with social issues. When you stick to strictly social issues money isn't required. Take gay marriage - if two men or two women get married, taxpayers pay absolutely nothing. Now one could argue that they are only getting married for financial gain (only one has insurance, etc.) but straight couples could do this, too and where are the protesters at straight weddings where only one partner has health insurance?
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Election Results Thread   2008 Election Results Thread - Page 8 Icon_minipostedSat Nov 08, 2008 6:08 pm

Maybe that wacky Church in Kansas might protest it

They protest Funerals labeled dead soldiers as homosexual

Maybe they can protest military weddings tooo

I don't know!
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female
Number of posts : 14194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio........:)
Registration date : 2007-10-29

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Election Results Thread   2008 Election Results Thread - Page 8 Icon_minipostedSat Nov 08, 2008 10:17 pm

It sure seems like a WPA-program needs to go into effect. Something that would focus on alternative energy, road building, bridge reinforcing, and computer security!
Back to top Go down
kharmon
West Michigan Whitecap
West Michigan Whitecap
kharmon

Female
Number of posts : 399
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Mike Hollimon
Registration date : 2008-04-12

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Election Results Thread   2008 Election Results Thread - Page 8 Icon_minipostedSun Nov 09, 2008 3:29 am

I'm a little late on posting in this as the election was over about a week ago. But YEAH OBAMA!!!! I felt sorry for Mccain though. As for my local issues I didn't really pay attention to them. I did vote to raise the room tax for motels and hotels to help schools and it passed. I voted against raising sales tax for schools though and it didn't pass. I hate California even more than before now. I can't believe they passed prop.8
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kmharmon
Ohios#1TigerFan
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
Ohios#1TigerFan

Male
Number of posts : 1473
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Placido, Thames, Miggy, B.Inge

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Election Results Thread   2008 Election Results Thread - Page 8 Icon_minipostedSun Nov 09, 2008 2:41 pm

rant I can't believe Obama won! Censored Censored

Y'all better hope he doesn't pass a National Healthcare system, or we're all gonna be royally screwed up the ass. And taxes....get ready to pay even MORE in taxes than we did under Clinton...Obama is already talking increasing the highest tax from 35% to 39 1/2%. Can you say major lay-offs and jobs moving to Mexico or China? We're going to be living in the USSA! Time to get Drunk
Back to top Go down
kharmon
West Michigan Whitecap
West Michigan Whitecap
kharmon

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Election Results Thread   2008 Election Results Thread - Page 8 Icon_minipostedSun Nov 09, 2008 4:11 pm

Obama plans on stopping the outsourcing of our jobs to other countries so how are our jobs going to be moving to Mexico and China? If his plan is correct then my taxes won't go up at all. He can't do any worse than Bush. When you're already at the bottom you can't go anywhere but up.
Back to top Go down
Ohios#1TigerFan
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
Ohios#1TigerFan

Male

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Election Results Thread   2008 Election Results Thread - Page 8 Icon_minipostedSun Nov 09, 2008 4:39 pm

kharmon wrote:
Obama plans on stopping the outsourcing of our jobs to other countries so how are our jobs going to be moving to Mexico and China? If his plan is correct then my taxes won't go up at all. He can't do any worse than Bush. When you're already at the bottom you can't go anywhere but up.

His plan is full of crap. I've already explained how your taxes will inevidibly go up in 2010 when the Bush tax cuts expire. All Obama is going to do is allow for a few more exemptions or credits. Everyone's taxes will go up. Also...if he taxes businesses more, then a lot of places will lay-off workers or move manufacturing jobs "overseas" or to Mexico.

Obama is offering a lousy $3000 credit to companies that hire more employees, but when it costs that employer $35,000 to hire someone, that $3000 credit doesn't mean jack squat. Plus...Obama wants to raise the minimum wage to $9.00/hr. Get ready for $5.00 a gallon for milk! Ohio raised the minimum wage, and as soon as they did, the price of everything went up by about $1.00. Pretty sad when a gallon of milk costs more than a pack of cigarettes.

If you really think we're at the bottom under Bush....you ain't seen nothin' yet. But, it's ok....I'll still be around the next 4 years to say "I tried to warn y'all, but no one would listen to reason and logic."
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male
Number of posts : 8973
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : All of 'em, except the BAD ones!!

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Election Results Thread   2008 Election Results Thread - Page 8 Icon_minipostedSun Nov 09, 2008 6:35 pm

All the Bush administration did was put this country in an unnecessary war(s), ruin public education, and run the economy into the ground.

I am all for any Kool-aid that Obama wants to feed me.
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male
Number of posts : 8973
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : All of 'em, except the BAD ones!!

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Election Results Thread   2008 Election Results Thread - Page 8 Icon_minipostedSun Nov 09, 2008 6:46 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
BREAKING NEWS:

For the first time, Proposition 1A is ahead in the polls!

Proposition 1A would fund construction of high-speed rail form Los Angeles to San Francisco. The 6.5 hour drive would take 2.5 hours in the proposed train and tickets would cost $50 (gas for an average car costs $76 for the same trip).

Yeah, the voters here in Florida voted overwhelmingly several years ago to approve a high-speed rail from Tampa to Orlando, with Disneyworld being the obvious benefactor.

Jeb Bush (in his infinite wisdom) had the project "cancelled" because it was taking money from HIS pet projects.

How can a Governor "overrule" the voters??

That guy is no good, just like his bro....
Back to top Go down
kharmon
West Michigan Whitecap
West Michigan Whitecap
kharmon

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Election Results Thread   2008 Election Results Thread - Page 8 Icon_minipostedSun Nov 09, 2008 7:49 pm

Ohios#1TigerFan wrote:
kharmon wrote:

His plan is full of crap. I've already explained how your taxes will inevidibly go up in 2010 when the Bush tax cuts expire. All Obama is going to do is allow for a few more exemptions or credits. Everyone's taxes will go up. Also...if he taxes businesses more, then a lot of places will lay-off workers or move manufacturing jobs "overseas" or to Mexico.

Obama is offering a lousy $3000 credit to companies that hire more employees, but when it costs that employer $35,000 to hire someone, that $3000 credit doesn't mean jack squat. Plus...Obama wants to raise the minimum wage to $9.00/hr. Get ready for $5.00 a gallon for milk! Ohio raised the minimum wage, and as soon as they did, the price of everything went up by about $1.00. Pretty sad when a gallon of milk costs more than a pack of cigarettes.

If you really think we're at the bottom under Bush....you ain't seen nothin' yet. But, it's ok....I'll still be around the next 4 years to say "I tried to warn y'all, but no one would listen to reason and logic."
What are you talking about. Our jobs are already shipped oversees. Obama is going to put an end to that. Food prices and milk prices have been going up and the min. wage has stayed the same pretty much everywhere. There is no connection there. There is no point complaining about it now. The majority of the voters in the united states have already spoken and the majority wants Obama. Case closed. I did listen to reason and logic thank you very much and that's why I voted for Obama, our next President.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Election Results Thread   2008 Election Results Thread - Page 8 Icon_minipostedSun Nov 09, 2008 8:34 pm

tigersaint wrote:
All the Bush administration did was put this country in an unnecessary war(s), ruin public education, and run the economy into the ground.

I rather drink beer
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Election Results Thread   2008 Election Results Thread - Page 8 Icon_minipostedSun Nov 09, 2008 8:35 pm

Ohios#1TigerFan wrote:
kharmon wrote:

I needed you on the other board so bad

I tried pointing that out last week

Among other things

I am banned from MLB.com
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Election Results Thread   2008 Election Results Thread - Page 8 Icon_minipostedSun Nov 09, 2008 8:37 pm

Ohios#1TigerFan wrote:
rant I can't believe Obama won! Censored Censored

Y'all better hope he doesn't pass a National Healthcare system, or we're all gonna be royally screwed up the ass. And taxes....get ready to pay even MORE in taxes than we did under Clinton...Obama is already talking increasing the highest tax from 35% to 39 1/2%. Can you say major lay-offs and jobs moving to Mexico or China? We're going to be living in the USSA! Time to get Drunk

I can believe he won

Between the Liberal Media

And McCain transforming into Bob Dole

Circa 1996

I am not surprised
Back to top Go down
Ohios#1TigerFan
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
Ohios#1TigerFan

Male

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Election Results Thread   2008 Election Results Thread - Page 8 Icon_minipostedSun Nov 09, 2008 9:22 pm

kharmon wrote:
Ohios#1TigerFan wrote:
kharmon wrote:

What are you talking about. Our jobs are already shipped oversees. Obama is going to put an end to that. Food prices and milk prices have been going up and the min. wage has stayed the same pretty much everywhere. There is no connection there. There is no point complaining about it now. The majority of the voters in the united states have already spoken and the majority wants Obama. Case closed. I did listen to reason and logic thank you very much and that's why I voted for Obama, our next President.

Well...first and foremost...Obama has no right to stop business from moving overseas. If Nike wants to open a new factory in China, they can, and there's not a thing the President can do about it. Secondly, in 2007, Ohioans (not me...but the majority of them) voted to increase the minimum wage. A month later, prices started going up across the board. It's all a part of Economics 101...when employers are forced to pay their employees more, they pass the cost on to the consumers by way of higher prices. The ones that "benefited" from the increased minimum wage, are now finding it didn't help them at all because everything now costs more that it did before.

I could go on and on about the damage Obama is going to do to this country...but I won't. I'm going to sit back and enjoy the collapse, and when everyone who voted for him is complaining that things are going to hell in a handbasket, and that he lied to them and not keeping his campaign promises..I'm going to laugh my ass off. People were too blinded by the smoke he was blowing up their ass to see the truth.
Back to top Go down
Ohios#1TigerFan
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
Ohios#1TigerFan

Male

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Election Results Thread   2008 Election Results Thread - Page 8 Icon_minipostedSun Nov 09, 2008 9:24 pm

gs78 wrote:
tigersaint wrote:

I rather drink beer

You and me both!!!
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Election Results Thread   2008 Election Results Thread - Page 8 Icon_minipostedSun Nov 09, 2008 10:42 pm

tigersaint wrote:

How can a Governor "overrule" the voters??

WTF? Maybe our governor will overrule proposition 8? He said he was against it. Last time I checked governors couldn't do that but I guess Bush can do whatever he wants regardless of which one it is.
Back to top Go down
Ohios#1TigerFan
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
Ohios#1TigerFan

Male

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Election Results Thread   2008 Election Results Thread - Page 8 Icon_minipostedMon Nov 10, 2008 12:43 am

tigersaint wrote:

btw...Welcome back Saint! You'll be happy to know that since we talked last...I'm doing my part to improve our educational system...I changed my major! Now majoring in Adolescent/Young Adult Education! My area of specialty is Math, but I'm thinking about including English, Science, and Social studies.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Election Results Thread   2008 Election Results Thread - Page 8 Icon_minipostedWed Nov 12, 2008 8:46 pm

Jeb Bush for President in 2012
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Election Results Thread   2008 Election Results Thread - Page 8 Icon_minipostedWed Nov 12, 2008 9:31 pm

I'd rather have Palin than Jeb in 2012! The media made Sarah look dumb..... which she is not. A bunch f the stuff they complained about were not even true!.

She is smart enough to make Alaska a "citizens own mineral rights" state, and the oil companies have to pay for pumping oil. Each Alaskan gets $1,200 per year in payment for oil from the state fund that charges the oil companies! Smart system.
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Election Results Thread   2008 Election Results Thread - Page 8 Icon_minipostedWed Nov 12, 2008 9:38 pm

Not that it matters much, but they are now declaring Obama the winner of Nebraska's 2nd Congressional district. For the first time ever a state has split its vote.

NOTE: States have split their votes plenty of times when the electors vote, but this is the first time they are supposed to split the vote.
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Election Results Thread   2008 Election Results Thread - Page 8 Icon_minipostedWed Nov 12, 2008 10:04 pm

I'm thinking Bobby Jindal for some office in 2012!
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Election Results Thread   2008 Election Results Thread - Page 8 Icon_minipostedWed Nov 12, 2008 10:22 pm

laprimamirala wrote:
I'm thinking Bobby Jindal for some office in 2012!

Nod
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Election Results Thread   2008 Election Results Thread - Page 8 Icon_minipostedWed Nov 12, 2008 10:55 pm

I'm not.
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Election Results Thread   2008 Election Results Thread - Page 8 Icon_minipostedWed Nov 12, 2008 10:58 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
I'm not.

Yes, I know...
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Election Results Thread   2008 Election Results Thread - Page 8 Icon_minipostedThu Nov 13, 2008 2:40 am

laprimamirala wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
I'm not.

Yes, I know...

My problem with him....right after his first term started there was a huge drive to get him recalled. That's not typical.
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Election Results Thread   2008 Election Results Thread - Page 8 Icon_minipostedThu Nov 13, 2008 7:34 am

I'm not saying I favor him, we'll just probably see more of him in the coming years. Of course it was not cool to break a campaign promise to veto a legislative pay raise, hence the recall.
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Number of posts : 7415
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Election Results Thread   2008 Election Results Thread - Page 8 Icon_minipostedThu Nov 13, 2008 8:35 am

All this election talk puke

Makes me feel worse
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/baseballer41001
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Election Results Thread   2008 Election Results Thread - Page 8 Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

2008 Election Results Thread
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next