DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

I'll Be gone Monday through Wednesday

Go down 
+4
iluvpudge7
detroitwings82
GoGetEmTigers
gdennis59
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

I'll Be gone Monday through Wednesday - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'll Be gone Monday through Wednesday   I'll Be gone Monday through Wednesday - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Oct 21, 2008 7:43 pm

detroitwings82 wrote:
i knw i have one now and it works finr its like a 27 inch but they work just the same and actually some of them have better pics.

As long the TVs work

Why replace them?
Back to top Go down
detroitwings82
Lakeland Flying Tiger
Lakeland Flying Tiger
detroitwings82

Male
Number of posts : 903
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd jones
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: I'll Be gone Monday through Wednesday   I'll Be gone Monday through Wednesday - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Oct 21, 2008 7:46 pm

ya i knw right.. i see poeple go buy tvs when they see a new one come out y change it when u kan use the money on something more important
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazywhitebro
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: I'll Be gone Monday through Wednesday   I'll Be gone Monday through Wednesday - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Oct 21, 2008 7:47 pm

detroitwings82 wrote:
ya i knw right.. i see poeple go buy tvs when they see a new one come out y change it when u kan use the money on something more important

Nod
Back to top Go down
detroitwings82
Lakeland Flying Tiger
Lakeland Flying Tiger
detroitwings82

Male

PostSubject: Re: I'll Be gone Monday through Wednesday   I'll Be gone Monday through Wednesday - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Oct 21, 2008 7:50 pm

yep.....
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

PostSubject: Re: I'll Be gone Monday through Wednesday   I'll Be gone Monday through Wednesday - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Oct 21, 2008 8:06 pm

The counter-argument is that by something "more important" what do you mean? I mean if I were going to buy a new TV even though my old one worked fine it wouldn't be with a credit card or money I didn't have, but rather my spending money. If I didn't buy a new TV with said money, I would instead by other non-essential stuff (DVDs, video games, etc.) Theoretically you could save the money, but what if you already met your month's quota in saving money?

OR, maybe you have a bunch of gift cards to Best Buy. There's nothing "essential" there.

Last edited by catbox_9 on Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female
Number of posts : 8073
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I don't even know anymore.

PostSubject: Re: I'll Be gone Monday through Wednesday   I'll Be gone Monday through Wednesday - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Oct 21, 2008 8:08 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
The counter-argument is that by something "more important" what do you mean? I mean if I were going to buy a new TV even though my old one worked fine it wouldn't be with a credit card or money I didn't have, but rather my spending money. If I didn't buy a new TV with said money, I would instead by other non-essential stuff (DVDs, video games, etc.) Theoretically you could save the money, but what if you already met your month's quota in saving money?
More important would be paying the bills, or making sure you have food to eat, or just putting the money away so that you will have it if you need it.
Back to top Go down
detroitwings82
Lakeland Flying Tiger
Lakeland Flying Tiger
detroitwings82

Male

PostSubject: Re: I'll Be gone Monday through Wednesday   I'll Be gone Monday through Wednesday - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Oct 21, 2008 8:08 pm

true very true
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: I'll Be gone Monday through Wednesday   I'll Be gone Monday through Wednesday - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Oct 21, 2008 8:09 pm

TG wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
More important would be paying the bills, or making sure you have food to eat, or just putting the money away so that you will have it if you need it.

But the bills are paid and you already save plenty of money. I mean if you own a home and have 10,000-50,000+ dollars in the bank and you have a good retirement plan going, why not buy a TV? I mean what good is money if you let it sit in the bank until you die?
Back to top Go down
detroitwings82
Lakeland Flying Tiger
Lakeland Flying Tiger
detroitwings82

Male

PostSubject: Re: I'll Be gone Monday through Wednesday   I'll Be gone Monday through Wednesday - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Oct 21, 2008 8:10 pm

u have a point..ya if you have the money to spend do it but if you dont ..dont go out and buy stuff and then u go into dept and into forclosure and then ur a bumm
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: I'll Be gone Monday through Wednesday   I'll Be gone Monday through Wednesday - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Oct 21, 2008 8:14 pm

Yeah. The problem is lots of people go...

"My check this month is $7,500. The mortgage is $1,000 and the other bills are another $1,000. I could really use a new home theater system for $7,000. I'd still have $500 left over for booze and what not. I can pay the bills next month"

EDIT: Apparently this homeowner bought their house 30 years ago....how else do you get a mortgage that low? :haha:
Back to top Go down
detroitwings82
Lakeland Flying Tiger
Lakeland Flying Tiger
detroitwings82

Male

PostSubject: Re: I'll Be gone Monday through Wednesday   I'll Be gone Monday through Wednesday - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Oct 21, 2008 8:18 pm

lol
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: I'll Be gone Monday through Wednesday   I'll Be gone Monday through Wednesday - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Oct 21, 2008 8:31 pm

If my tv still worked well and everything, even with all that good stuff, I wouldn't go buy a new one. I would spend the money on other things... like going out with my friends or something. Not buying something that I didn't really need.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: I'll Be gone Monday through Wednesday   I'll Be gone Monday through Wednesday - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Oct 21, 2008 8:38 pm

TG wrote:
If my tv still worked well and everything, even with all that good stuff, I wouldn't go buy a new one. I would spend the money on other things... like going out with my friends or something. Not buying something that I didn't really need.

Spoiler:

Well TV isn't as important to you as some people. I for one could care less if I never get new clothes again. I would much rather have an $800 TV than $5,000 worth of clothes (assuming I couldn't sell the clothes and use the money for a TV and have $$$$$ left over).
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: I'll Be gone Monday through Wednesday   I'll Be gone Monday through Wednesday - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Oct 21, 2008 8:42 pm

I don't really watch tv much at all. I watch it for the games sometimes, but I really don't even have time for that anymore. I NEED my iPod and I need clothes... but I don't really have to have a tv.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: I'll Be gone Monday through Wednesday   I'll Be gone Monday through Wednesday - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Oct 21, 2008 8:46 pm

I NEED video games, a computer, and TV. I could live without my iPod although I am reasonably fond of it. I could live if every day for the rest of my life I had to wear the same outfit (preferably I'd have multiple pairs of it so I wouldn't have to do laundry on a daily basis).

Speaking of needing things, I need to go to school now Frown
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: I'll Be gone Monday through Wednesday   I'll Be gone Monday through Wednesday - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Oct 21, 2008 8:48 pm

I need a computer, but only for school work. I also need my iPod for running and for trying to help me sleep since I have a sleeping disorder.

And Okay, Byyye, have fun at school Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
detroitwings82
Lakeland Flying Tiger
Lakeland Flying Tiger
detroitwings82

Male

PostSubject: Re: I'll Be gone Monday through Wednesday   I'll Be gone Monday through Wednesday - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Oct 21, 2008 10:17 pm

i agree i dont need a tv much but my ipod and cloths are a must
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I'll Be gone Monday through Wednesday   I'll Be gone Monday through Wednesday - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Oct 22, 2008 1:43 am

Beer is a must for me
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: I'll Be gone Monday through Wednesday   I'll Be gone Monday through Wednesday - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Oct 22, 2008 7:55 am

gs78 wrote:
Beer is a must for me
:haha:
Back to top Go down
detroitwings82
Lakeland Flying Tiger
Lakeland Flying Tiger
detroitwings82

Male

PostSubject: Re: I'll Be gone Monday through Wednesday   I'll Be gone Monday through Wednesday - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Oct 22, 2008 8:26 am

hahahaha
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Number of posts : 7415
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: I'll Be gone Monday through Wednesday   I'll Be gone Monday through Wednesday - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Oct 22, 2008 7:53 pm

It seems as long as people have their effing TV's they dont care about me not being here. Sad

But leadership rocked! Metal

Im so sad we had to leave.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/baseballer41001
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: I'll Be gone Monday through Wednesday   I'll Be gone Monday through Wednesday - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Oct 22, 2008 7:57 pm

:haha: Weren't you reading any of that, I don't like watching tv Smile

Glad you had fun though!
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore

PostSubject: Re: I'll Be gone Monday through Wednesday   I'll Be gone Monday through Wednesday - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Oct 22, 2008 7:59 pm

Yeah, they had a high ropes course, and the best meals ever, they were homestyle meals, and I so want to go when I'm a senior.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: I'll Be gone Monday through Wednesday   I'll Be gone Monday through Wednesday - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Oct 22, 2008 8:08 pm

I wish we had stuff like that with my school. But nooo, we have to have a boring school Rolling Eyes Other than the sports that is.
Back to top Go down
detroitwings82
Lakeland Flying Tiger
Lakeland Flying Tiger
detroitwings82

Male

PostSubject: Re: I'll Be gone Monday through Wednesday   I'll Be gone Monday through Wednesday - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Oct 22, 2008 8:10 pm

LOL
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male

PostSubject: Re: I'll Be gone Monday through Wednesday   I'll Be gone Monday through Wednesday - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Oct 22, 2008 8:12 pm

Bryon, you especially should have said, dang I wish Garrett was sitting here having fun with me in Word Processing.

Oh and eh, Juli and I may have a bit of a problem.
Back to top Go down
detroitwings82
Lakeland Flying Tiger
Lakeland Flying Tiger
detroitwings82

Male

PostSubject: Re: I'll Be gone Monday through Wednesday   I'll Be gone Monday through Wednesday - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Oct 22, 2008 8:13 pm

y whats wrong bro
get in chat box
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male

PostSubject: Re: I'll Be gone Monday through Wednesday   I'll Be gone Monday through Wednesday - Page 2 Icon_minipostedMon Oct 27, 2008 7:14 pm

Well below is about one of the funniest things in the world. Its my Art teacher Mr. Hutch.

oh goodness, hutch is amazing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'll Be gone Monday through Wednesday   I'll Be gone Monday through Wednesday - Page 2 Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

I'll Be gone Monday through Wednesday
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2