DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Shot Jacksonville lineman is paralyzed

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mrsrabelo
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
mrsrabelo

Female
Number of posts : 2284
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Jeff Larish | Fish: Mike Rabelo | Rockie: Jason Grilli | Bullpen catcher: Scott Pickens
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Shot Jacksonville lineman is paralyzed Empty
PostSubject: Shot Jacksonville lineman is paralyzed   Shot Jacksonville lineman is paralyzed Icon_minipostedMon Sep 29, 2008 8:02 pm

Doctors: Shot Jacksonville lineman is paralyzed
By RON WORD, Associated Press Writer

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP)—Jacksonville Jaguars offensive tackle Richard Collier, shot while sitting in a car outside an apartment complex earlier this month, is paralyzed below the waist and his left leg was amputated, his doctor said Monday.

Collier was on a ventilator for about three weeks and has no memory of the shooting, said Dr. Andy Kerwin, a surgeon for the University of Florida at Shands Jacksonville hospital.

“His overall condition has improved greatly,” Kerwin said. “We expect him to be discharged soon.”

Kerwin said Collier suffered 14 bullet wounds to the back, left groin, left legs and right buttock. In addition, a bullet severed his spinal cord, causing the paralysis. The amputation was the result of damage to his left leg and groin, where blood clots formed. Five bullets alone were removed from his urinary bladder and the 26-year-old player also had bouts of pneumonia, infections and renal failure.

Still, his condition has been upgraded to good from critical.

Collier will undergo physical therapy to learn how to move from his bed to a wheelchair. He will never walk again, the doctor said.

Collier’s agent Jeff Jankovich said the player’s family wanted to make sure Collier understood what had happened to him before releasing details to the public. He said they even kept the Jaguars in the dark.

“He has extreme grief for a lifetime of dreams he won’t be able to fulfill,” the agent said.

Jankovich refused to say specifically when Collier would be released, citing security concerns.

Collier and former teammate Kenneth Pettway were waiting for two women outside an apartment complex early Sept. 2 when a gunman fired into the vehicle, according to the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office. Pettway was not injured.

The motive behind the attack on Collier is unknown, but investigators said earlier he appeared to be targeted. Police have made no arrests in the shooting.

Jaguars coach Jack Del Rio and several players attended the news conference.

“It’s a tragedy this young man was caught up in this violence,” Del Rio said. “It’s a great tragedy for a young man who had such a promising future.”

Offensive tackle Tony Pashos said the attack on Collier has been difficult for his teammates. “I think about him a lot,” he said.

Collier was in his third year with the NFL after graduating from Valdosta State.

He was the third NFL player shot in the past 18 months. Washington Redskins star Sean Taylor was fatally shot during what police said was a botched burglary attempt at his Miami-area home in November. Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams was killed when his rented limousine was sprayed with bullets minutes after leaving a New Year’s party at a club in 2007.

(Oh man, I feel so bad for him. That is really sad)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hotpinkangel09
Admin
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Shot Jacksonville lineman is paralyzed   Shot Jacksonville lineman is paralyzed Icon_minipostedTue Sep 30, 2008 2:58 am

Please do not use racial slurs. Using an @ symbol in place of the letter "i" does not make it any less of a racial slur.
Back to top Go down
https://dtf1.forumotion.com
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Shot Jacksonville lineman is paralyzed   Shot Jacksonville lineman is paralyzed Icon_minipostedTue Sep 30, 2008 3:06 am

They deserve those slurs!

I am getting tired of getting called out;

Not just on this forum

But others

I guess I can't call women like Yates B@tches either

They too deserve it!

They ain't human beings either!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: Shot Jacksonville lineman is paralyzed   Shot Jacksonville lineman is paralyzed Icon_minipostedTue Sep 30, 2008 3:09 am

We got a guy clinging to life in a hospital

His career over!

His leg gone

While these pieces of human shit that did this are out on the streets doing God knows what

I didn't start this topic either;

But I am gonna give my two cents about it.

A racial slur is nothing compared to the hell this man and his family are going through right now

The PC bullshit in this country has to stop!
Back to top Go down
Admin

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Shot Jacksonville lineman is paralyzed   Shot Jacksonville lineman is paralyzed Icon_minipostedTue Sep 30, 2008 3:12 am

Calling blacks "savages" and "refus[ing] to call them humans" has no place on a Detroit Tigers message board. I suggest that if you want to have those types of discussions you join a KKK message board.

Saying "If they ever catch these low life (expletive deleted) that did this (expletive deleted); there shouldn't even be a trial They should be shot in the head or hung upside down by their (male genitalia)" is grossly offensive and goes against every principle of the American justice system.
Back to top Go down
https://dtf1.forumotion.com
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shot Jacksonville lineman is paralyzed   Shot Jacksonville lineman is paralyzed Icon_minipostedTue Sep 30, 2008 3:20 am

I guess they are respected human beings;

Because they grew up in broken homes; in a harsh enviroment without a dad

They are the victims?

My ass!

And I also said the same thing about Yates { not being human]

At least defend her as well

Don't just make it racial!

Speaking of Yates; That wench was convicted of murder; sentenced to death; but some BS liberal Judge overturned her conviction and she was found not guilty by reason of insanity

Some Justice System

She kills five of her kids and she in a mental hospital and could be free someday
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shot Jacksonville lineman is paralyzed   Shot Jacksonville lineman is paralyzed Icon_minipostedTue Sep 30, 2008 3:27 am

Jeffery Dahmer was White

I consider him to be a savage and non human

By the way

I am Catholic

I don't think I be welcome in the KKK forum board
Back to top Go down
detroitwings82
Lakeland Flying Tiger
Lakeland Flying Tiger
detroitwings82

Male
Number of posts : 903
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd jones
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Shot Jacksonville lineman is paralyzed   Shot Jacksonville lineman is paralyzed Icon_minipostedTue Sep 30, 2008 8:45 am

wow dood calm down
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazywhitebro
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shot Jacksonville lineman is paralyzed   Shot Jacksonville lineman is paralyzed Icon_minipostedTue Sep 30, 2008 3:23 pm

detroitwings82 wrote:
wow dood calm down

Why don't the thugs out there calm down

No!

Better Yet!

Stop the senseless gang and drug related violence.

These thugs sure are tough gang banging and killing little kids and old people in drive by shootings
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shot Jacksonville lineman is paralyzed   Shot Jacksonville lineman is paralyzed Icon_minipostedTue Sep 30, 2008 3:25 pm

But according to Obama and the his good buddies; Farrahkan, Sharpton, and Jackson

The White Man is the Devil

It is our fault Blacks are killing other Blacks

And they need reparations to rebuild neighborhoods they destroyed

Wrong!

On all three counts
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shot Jacksonville lineman is paralyzed   Shot Jacksonville lineman is paralyzed Icon_minipostedTue Sep 30, 2008 3:26 pm

gs78 wrote:
But according to Obama and his good buddies; Farrahkan, Sharpton, and Jackson

The White Man is the Devil

It is our fault Blacks are killing other Blacks

And they need reparations to rebuild neighborhoods they destroyed

Wrong!

On all three counts
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shot Jacksonville lineman is paralyzed   Shot Jacksonville lineman is paralyzed Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Shot Jacksonville lineman is paralyzed
Page 1 of 1