DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

My kids were sent home from school today

Go down 
+5
GoGetEmTigers
catbox_9
laprimamirala
bobrob2004
SoulRat
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SoulRat
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
SoulRat

Female
Number of posts : 9935
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I like fish at the moment....
Registration date : 2007-10-04

My kids were sent home from school today Empty
PostSubject: My kids were sent home from school today   My kids were sent home from school today Icon_minipostedThu Sep 11, 2008 12:50 pm

My kids' school was set on fire today. Apparently in the boys bathroom in the 2nd grade wing. The school was evacuated and everyone is fine but wow, not a very nice thing to happen today Frown

Link
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646
Registration date : 2007-10-05

PostSubject: Re: My kids were sent home from school today   My kids were sent home from school today Icon_minipostedThu Sep 11, 2008 12:55 pm

Wow. Not a good thing to happen on any day, but especially today considering what day it is.
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female
Number of posts : 14194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio........:)
Registration date : 2007-10-29

PostSubject: Re: My kids were sent home from school today   My kids were sent home from school today Icon_minipostedThu Sep 11, 2008 12:55 pm

geez! would any kids be capable of this?
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: My kids were sent home from school today   My kids were sent home from school today Icon_minipostedThu Sep 11, 2008 12:57 pm

bobrob2004 wrote:
Wow. Not a good thing to happen on any day, but especially today considering what day it is.

I was nervous enough sending them today, when I heard this, I nearly puke ... for real Frown
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: My kids were sent home from school today   My kids were sent home from school today Icon_minipostedThu Sep 11, 2008 12:58 pm

laprimamirala wrote:
geez! would any kids be capable of this?

Sure, that school is for 2nd through 5th graders. I'm sure it's possible, in fact probable, that a kid set it. Emily said she could see flames coming out of the roof when they were all standing outside. And I guess the main hallway there in that wing is pretty damaged.
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: My kids were sent home from school today   My kids were sent home from school today Icon_minipostedThu Sep 11, 2008 1:02 pm

only one question...

where were the perpetrator(s)'s parents?
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: My kids were sent home from school today   My kids were sent home from school today Icon_minipostedThu Sep 11, 2008 1:04 pm

laprimamirala wrote:
only one question...

where were the perpetrator(s)'s parents?

:shrug: I would assume at home or work.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander

PostSubject: Re: My kids were sent home from school today   My kids were sent home from school today Icon_minipostedThu Sep 11, 2008 1:24 pm

My senior year we got evacuated due to a bomb threat. The kids that did it were mad they got suspended and thought that would make things even. As a result they weren't allowed to walk at graduation - their parents threatened to sue since it's a right, not a privlidge to graduate (okay...) but nothing became of that.

For some reason that makes no sense at all, no charges were ever pressed. I got stuck at the Jr. High for hour because nobody could pick me up....I was 18 but nobody could leave without a parent/guardian grouch
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: My kids were sent home from school today   My kids were sent home from school today Icon_minipostedThu Sep 11, 2008 2:37 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
My senior year we got evacuated due to a bomb threat. The kids that did it were mad they got suspended and thought that would make things even. As a result they weren't allowed to walk at graduation - their parents threatened to sue since it's a right, not a privlidge to graduate (okay...) but nothing became of that.

For some reason that makes no sense at all, no charges were ever pressed. I got stuck at the Jr. High for hour because nobody could pick me up....I was 18 but nobody could leave without a parent/guardian grouch
now THAT's weird.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My kids were sent home from school today   My kids were sent home from school today Icon_minipostedThu Sep 11, 2008 2:54 pm

catbox_9 wrote:

That's stupid, I bet Joe would have. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: My kids were sent home from school today   My kids were sent home from school today Icon_minipostedThu Sep 11, 2008 3:03 pm

Wow, hope nobody was injured, SoulRat! Things like this can be traumatic to the students. Watch for unusual worries from your kids.

Last edited by GoGetEmTigers on Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: My kids were sent home from school today   My kids were sent home from school today Icon_minipostedThu Sep 11, 2008 3:18 pm

laprimamirala wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:

now THAT's weird.

That's fucked up!

18 year olds are can vote, smoke cigarettes, join the miltary, go to adult prisons if they commit crime

But Catbox couldn't leave! Perturbed
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female
Number of posts : 8073
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I don't even know anymore.

PostSubject: Re: My kids were sent home from school today   My kids were sent home from school today Icon_minipostedThu Sep 11, 2008 6:20 pm

Was everybody okay????
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: My kids were sent home from school today   My kids were sent home from school today Icon_minipostedThu Sep 11, 2008 7:40 pm

TG wrote:
Was everybody okay????

Of course they were - there wasn't a bomb, it was just idiots playing a joke. I wasn't okay in the sense I had to hang out in Jr. High until someone picked me up and I was late for work. My boss didn't care, but I didn't get paid for the time I missed.
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Number of posts : 7415
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: My kids were sent home from school today   My kids were sent home from school today Icon_minipostedThu Sep 11, 2008 7:42 pm

Well at least everyone was ok.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/baseballer41001
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: My kids were sent home from school today   My kids were sent home from school today Icon_minipostedThu Sep 11, 2008 7:49 pm

gdennis59 wrote:
Well at least everyone was ok.

How could they not have been?
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: My kids were sent home from school today   My kids were sent home from school today Icon_minipostedThu Sep 11, 2008 8:01 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
TG wrote:
Was everybody okay????

Of course they were - there wasn't a bomb, it was just idiots playing a joke. I wasn't okay in the sense I had to hang out in Jr. High until someone picked me up and I was late for work. My boss didn't care, but I didn't get paid for the time I missed.
I was actually talking about the fire at Soulrat's kids's school. :haha:

But I'm sorry you were late for work.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: My kids were sent home from school today   My kids were sent home from school today Icon_minipostedThu Sep 11, 2008 8:09 pm

TG wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
TG wrote:
Was everybody okay????

Oh yeah Smack I guess the world still doesn't revolve around me rant
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: My kids were sent home from school today   My kids were sent home from school today Icon_minipostedThu Sep 11, 2008 8:12 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
TG wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
TG wrote:
Was everybody okay????

Oh yeah Smack I guess the world still doesn't revolve around me rant
:haha:
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: My kids were sent home from school today   My kids were sent home from school today Icon_minipostedThu Sep 11, 2008 9:14 pm

Students were sent home at a school in Inkster because of a power outtage.
Many parents there had 9/11 on their minds too.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: My kids were sent home from school today   My kids were sent home from school today Icon_minipostedThu Sep 11, 2008 9:47 pm

laprimamirala wrote:
Students were sent home at a school in Inkster because of a power outtage.
Many parents there had 9/11 on their minds too.
If there would have been a power outtage today I wouldn't have made the connection that it might have to do with 9-11.
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: My kids were sent home from school today   My kids were sent home from school today Icon_minipostedThu Sep 11, 2008 10:11 pm

Strange how time dilutes everything.
Back to top Go down
detroitwings82
Lakeland Flying Tiger
Lakeland Flying Tiger
detroitwings82

Male
Number of posts : 903
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd jones
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: My kids were sent home from school today   My kids were sent home from school today Icon_minipostedFri Sep 12, 2008 8:38 am

i wont my school to burn down
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazywhitebro
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Number of posts : 7415
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: My kids were sent home from school today   My kids were sent home from school today Icon_minipostedFri Sep 12, 2008 8:39 am

LMAO lol2 You would!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/baseballer41001
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: My kids were sent home from school today   My kids were sent home from school today Icon_minipostedFri Sep 12, 2008 10:10 am

Who wouldn't want to? I mean maybe not super seriously, but who wouldn't say they sort of want to :haha:
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: My kids were sent home from school today   My kids were sent home from school today Icon_minipostedFri Sep 12, 2008 3:56 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
Who wouldn't want to? I mean maybe not super seriously, but who wouldn't say they sort of want to :haha:
I wouldn't! because then I would probably be sent to another catholic school, and then I wouldn't be with Alyssa and Brandon and all the rest of my friends. I think I would probably cry.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: My kids were sent home from school today   My kids were sent home from school today Icon_minipostedFri Sep 12, 2008 4:31 pm

TG wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
I wouldn't! because then I would probably be sent to another catholic school, and then I wouldn't be with Alyssa and Brandon and all the rest of my friends. I think I would probably cry.

See! You already love your new school/friends. That was pretty quick, too! By the time I was in high school only 1 of my friends went to the same elementary school as me (most of my friends I met in Jr. High....but that took a couple months!).

You've been selling yourself way too short. You'll probably be homecoming queen or prom queen or some other popular-person-only thing at this rate (the best choice is valedictorian...go for that!)
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: My kids were sent home from school today   My kids were sent home from school today Icon_minipostedFri Sep 12, 2008 4:36 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
TG wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:

See! You already love your new school/friends. That was pretty quick, too! By the time I was in high school only 1 of my friends went to the same elementary school as me (most of my friends I met in Jr. High....but that took a couple months!).

You've been selling yourself way too short. You'll probably be homecoming queen or prom queen or some other popular-person-only thing at this rate (the best choice is valedictorian...go for that!)
Speaking of smart people... (you said valdectorian).

I am so mad! I have C's in like all of my classes (other than spanish because I have to pay really close attention in that class or I will get.... distracted. I have no idea how I am getting C's, I'm usually smart...

AND on the rest of the stuff you said, I already was friends with alyssa and I kinda knew brandon I just didn't like him before, He was just some random person. But I have met people Smile
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: My kids were sent home from school today   My kids were sent home from school today Icon_minipostedFri Sep 12, 2008 4:44 pm

TG wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
TG wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:

Speaking of smart people... (you said valdectorian).

I am so mad! I have C's in like all of my classes (other than spanish because I have to pay really close attention in that class or I will get.... distracted. I have no idea how I am getting C's, I'm usually smart...

AND on the rest of the stuff you said, I already was friends with alyssa and I kinda knew brandon I just didn't like him before, He was just some random person. But I have met people Smile

Better than F's ...C's are fine - I got my first (of many) C's my freshmen year....or college.

Just steal her friends and there you go!
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: My kids were sent home from school today   My kids were sent home from school today Icon_minipostedFri Sep 12, 2008 4:49 pm

catbox_9 wrote:

Better than F's ...C's are fine - I got my first (of many) C's my freshmen year....or college.

Just steal her friends and there you go!
Ugh, yah easy for you to say C's are fine. Sure, until my parents see that and freak out about how I am obviously distracted by something and don't let me do rowing because I should be getting A's.

And haha, I'll be sure to do that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My kids were sent home from school today   My kids were sent home from school today Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

My kids were sent home from school today
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: Off Topic :: WHATEVER!-
Jump to: