DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Andrew Miller

Go down 
+9
bobrob2004
Casey21
TG
prod
SoulRat
mrsrabelo
tigersaint
catbox_9
gs78
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Andrew Miller - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andrew Miller   Andrew Miller - Page 4 Icon_minipostedWed Dec 05, 2007 1:23 pm

6 K's... whistle

testing...

Last edited by on Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
SoulRat

Female
Number of posts : 9935
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I like fish at the moment....
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Miller   Andrew Miller - Page 4 Icon_minipostedWed Dec 05, 2007 1:24 pm

Nothing like rubbing a little salt in that still fresh wound huh?
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

bobrob2004

Male

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Miller   Andrew Miller - Page 4 Icon_minipostedWed Dec 05, 2007 1:24 pm

6 K's (again)... whistle
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

bobrob2004

Male

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Miller   Andrew Miller - Page 4 Icon_minipostedWed Dec 05, 2007 1:25 pm

SoulRat wrote:
Nothing like rubbing a little salt in that still fresh wound huh?

Not my indention! I thought you would like to see more of Andrew? :shrug:
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

bobrob2004

Male

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Miller   Andrew Miller - Page 4 Icon_minipostedWed Dec 05, 2007 1:27 pm

Vs. the Braves... whistle
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Miller   Andrew Miller - Page 4 Icon_minipostedWed Dec 05, 2007 1:27 pm

LOL! Okay, you're forgiven. Now how to save those videos before the fools delete them scratch any ideas?
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

bobrob2004 wrote:
Vs. the Braves... whistle

He was awesome on this day Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

bobrob2004

Male

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Miller   Andrew Miller - Page 4 Icon_minipostedWed Dec 05, 2007 1:28 pm

Vs. the Mets... whistle
Back to top Go down
mrsrabelo
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
mrsrabelo

Female
Number of posts : 2284
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Jeff Larish | Fish: Mike Rabelo | Rockie: Jason Grilli | Bullpen catcher: Scott Pickens

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Miller   Andrew Miller - Page 4 Icon_minipostedWed Dec 05, 2007 1:28 pm

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/203/446760786_28ecb21f33.jpg?v=0
Hey Soul, the guy on the far right almost looks like Andrew

Last edited by on Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hotpinkangel09
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

bobrob2004

Male

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Miller   Andrew Miller - Page 4 Icon_minipostedWed Dec 05, 2007 1:29 pm

SoulRat wrote:
LOL! Okay, you're forgiven. Now how to save those videos before the fools delete them scratch any ideas?

I tried to embed them, but I couldn't. It took everything I got to figure out the url! lol2
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Miller   Andrew Miller - Page 4 Icon_minipostedWed Dec 05, 2007 1:30 pm

Yeah kinda, cept this guy has an old English D on Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Miller   Andrew Miller - Page 4 Icon_minipostedWed Dec 05, 2007 1:30 pm

bobrob2004 wrote:
SoulRat wrote:

I tried to embed them, but I couldn't. It took everything I got to figure out the url! lol2

:haha: I know, I tried to save them before and came up nada... stupid mlb!!!!
Back to top Go down
mrsrabelo
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
mrsrabelo

Female
Number of posts : 2284
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Jeff Larish | Fish: Mike Rabelo | Rockie: Jason Grilli | Bullpen catcher: Scott Pickens

SoulRat wrote:
Yeah kinda, cept this guy has an old English D on Crying or Very sad

OMG it is him!

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/250/446769523_816c2849c1.jpg?v=0
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hotpinkangel09
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Miller   Andrew Miller - Page 4 Icon_minipostedWed Dec 05, 2007 1:31 pm

LOL! It is... he's adorable... and a fish Frown
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Miller   Andrew Miller - Page 4 Icon_minipostedWed Dec 05, 2007 3:26 pm

SoulRat wrote:
bobrob2004 wrote:
SoulRat wrote:

:haha: I know, I tried to save them before and came up nada... stupid mlb!!!!

Do you have a video camera? I have some other ideas but they'd involve me sharing some websites with you that aren't appropriate for children. People that are into certain kind of media can be useful for something like this. whistle
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Miller   Andrew Miller - Page 4 Icon_minipostedWed Dec 05, 2007 5:15 pm

I think I was able to save one with a video stream capturing program, I'll have to mess around with it more later to see if it works for all of them.
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

bobrob2004

Male

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Miller   Andrew Miller - Page 4 Icon_minipostedWed Dec 05, 2007 5:19 pm

SoulRat wrote:
I think I was able to save one with a video stream capturing program, I'll have to mess around with it more later to see if it works for all of them.

Wait, when you click on the link doesn't it open up Media Player? While it's open, try to file-save it.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Miller   Andrew Miller - Page 4 Icon_minipostedWed Dec 05, 2007 5:25 pm

SoulRat wrote:

So that's a no on my idea then. Rats!
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Miller   Andrew Miller - Page 4 Icon_minipostedWed Dec 05, 2007 5:30 pm

bobrob2004 wrote:
SoulRat wrote:

Wait, when you click on the link doesn't it open up Media Player? While it's open, try to file-save it.

That doesn't work.
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

bobrob2004

Male

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Miller   Andrew Miller - Page 4 Icon_minipostedWed Dec 05, 2007 9:13 pm

Andrew Miller - Page 4 Ph_453192

Uniform changed... whistle
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Miller   Andrew Miller - Page 4 Icon_minipostedWed Dec 05, 2007 9:26 pm

SoulRat wrote:
bobrob2004 wrote:
SoulRat wrote:

That doesn't work.

I have an idea! I know there's a way. Either be super ghetto and use a video camera or ask some people online. I can point you in the direction of some websites that'll help but you'll want to shut the blinds and door while you're at that particular website...
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Miller   Andrew Miller - Page 4 Icon_minipostedThu Dec 06, 2007 12:54 am

UPDATE:

As we slowly move beyond the mourning stage, changes continue to be made. In the "current players" description I removed Miller's name and will replace it with another one (poll coming soon!)

:miller: is still here though.

MORE NEWS: I think the best thing to do with :miller: is wait until next year to remove it - and REPLACE it with an updated Miller pic. That way it's more accurate (it'll likely be used by SoulRat anyways) and what not.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Miller   Andrew Miller - Page 4 Icon_minipostedThu Dec 06, 2007 6:18 pm

ANDREW MILLER: 'I'll Miss Detroit'

December 6, 2007

Edward Donaldson and Jack Plaschke of 1070 AM talked with Andrew Miller Wednesday. Here is the Q & A.

Welcome to Flordia, what do you think?

I’m disappointed, very disappointed. Part of the reason I forwent my senior year at UNC was to have the chance to play with a class organization that would be contending for a long time. If I would have known this would happen I'd have stayed in school.

When are you coming down to Miami?

Well I'm in Lakeland now. They've got pretty nice facilities here. I'm a native Floridian but I never really cared much for Miami. I'll probably just stay home for a while. I just have to keep my head up and remember - it's a business.

Have you talked to Maybin?

Yes I have. He's excited. He wants to play now and he knew he wasn't going to get that opportunity in Detroit. He said he has a long career ahead of him so he's not really worried about where he plays right now, he just wants to play.

Have you though about pitching in the NL?

Well, it'll be a hair easier I suppose but I'd prefer to be pitching in Detroit. For one, I'm a terrible hitter and it scares me to death to think I have to hit every start. Also, it's worth giving up a few extra runs in the AL. I mean look at that lineup I had in Detroit. I could give up 7 runs and still win. My first few starts they scored 10 plus runs or something. It was crazy. With all due respect, this lineup in Florida is a lot less potent. I mean I'm the highest paid player on the team. That tells you something right there.

What does it mean to be pitching to Mike Rabelo?

Well I like Mike but he's still learning, too. Rabelo all the sudden has to be a veteran for us and that's a little scary. Rodriguez helped me out a lot, I preferred pitching to him. Rabelo is a friend of mine and we live near each other down in Florida but he just doesn't have enough experience to help me out all that much.

Does being the Number one starter and highest paid player tack on some some pressure?

Well of course it does. I mean, I'm twenty-two years old for crying out loud. The fans in Florida know they gave up some great players and they're going to ask a lot from me. I almost feel like I have to be an All-Star this year and if I'm not I'm going to upset a lot of people. I think I can be successful but I'm not sure I'm ready to be an ace of a staff, even this one.

Talk about the approach of a pitcher when your everyday lineup has so many young, unproven players.

Well I know I have to be real perfect. I mean in Detroit I knew not only I had a heck of an offense behind me but when I was pitching they were great. I mean Rodriguez and Polanco won gold gloves, Granderson was robbed of one, and I've heard some sabermetric people arguing Brandon Inge should have won one, too. I don't know a whole lot about my new team yet but I don't think they have that kind of defensive ability - not at this stage of their careers at least. I feel like I'm going to have to strike out 20 guys every day just to have a chance. That's just not a realistic expectation.

What do you know about Dolphin Stadium?

The name says it all. This is a football town. Even as bad a team as the Dolphins have right now, they're what 0-10 [they're actually 0-12] it's still the number one team here. I'm sure the hundreds of fan here will be great but in Detroit we were sold out every time I took the mound. That really helps me pitch. Even on the road it was always sold out. People want to see the Tigers. They don't want to see the Marlins. I grew up in Florida, nobody here cares about this team.

Do you have any final thoughts
Well, I'm just a little upset about how this whole thing went down. I mean I was working out and my girlfriend calls and said she saw on TV I had been traded. I almost cried. I loved Detroit, it's people, it's culture, everything. Miami is closer to home, but I wanted to get away from home for a while.

I kept hearing from the Tigers how they had all these plans for me and I was so excited about the future. Now what's the future hold? I might as well not even unpack. Either I'll fail here and never play major league baseball again, or I'll have success and be gone in a couple years. Nothing personal, but this is probably the worst place to be right now.

It's a tough pill to swallow but the old saying goes 'what doesn't kill you can only make you stronger'. I hope this doesn't kill me. I'll be putting that theory to the test I guess.

One final thing - for the Tigers and their fans - I wish you guys all the best. I feel I was wronged, but I'd go back in a heartbeat. I'd even take a pay cut.

Thank you for your time and good luck this season.

Thank you.

Last edited by on Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Miller   Andrew Miller - Page 4 Icon_minipostedThu Dec 06, 2007 6:19 pm

PLEASE NOTE:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Miller   Andrew Miller - Page 4 Icon_minipostedThu Dec 06, 2007 6:23 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
PLEASE NOTE:

Spoiler:

You ass! I was getting ready to cry for him LMAO
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Miller   Andrew Miller - Page 4 Icon_minipostedThu Dec 06, 2007 6:24 pm

SoulRat wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
PLEASE NOTE:

Spoiler:

You ass! I was getting ready to cry for him LMAO

That was a pretty believable interview though, don't you think? You probably would've believed me if I didn't put that spoiler, right?

LOL!
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Miller   Andrew Miller - Page 4 Icon_minipostedThu Dec 06, 2007 6:25 pm

OMG you are an ass. You went to a whole lot of trouble to make me damn near cry for that poor boy LMAO
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Miller   Andrew Miller - Page 4 Icon_minipostedThu Dec 06, 2007 6:26 pm

I almost hate you right now. :haha:
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

bobrob2004

Male

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Miller   Andrew Miller - Page 4 Icon_minipostedThu Dec 06, 2007 6:27 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
PLEASE NOTE:

Spoiler:

LMAO
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Miller   Andrew Miller - Page 4 Icon_minipostedThu Dec 06, 2007 6:27 pm

SoulRat wrote:
OMG you are an ass. You went to a whole lot of trouble to make me damn near cry for that poor boy LMAO

That means you still care about him.

He sure seemed upset in that interview, didn't he!

That was some of my best work. After rereading that interview I felt bad for him even though I knew I made all of it up!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Miller   Andrew Miller - Page 4 Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Andrew Miller
Page 4 of 23Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 23  Next