DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Andrew Miller

Go down 
+9
bobrob2004
Casey21
TG
prod
SoulRat
mrsrabelo
tigersaint
catbox_9
gs78
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Andrew Miller - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andrew Miller   Andrew Miller - Page 3 Icon_minipostedTue Dec 04, 2007 9:01 pm

Shocked Bump whistle Gone
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
SoulRat

Female
Number of posts : 9935
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I like fish at the moment....
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Miller   Andrew Miller - Page 3 Icon_minipostedTue Dec 04, 2007 9:23 pm

That's not funny No
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

bobrob2004

Male

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Miller   Andrew Miller - Page 3 Icon_minipostedTue Dec 04, 2007 9:47 pm

SoulRat wrote:
That's not funny No

Admit it, you laughed!
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Miller   Andrew Miller - Page 3 Icon_minipostedTue Dec 04, 2007 9:55 pm

No, I can honestly say I did not No
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Miller   Andrew Miller - Page 3 Icon_minipostedTue Dec 04, 2007 10:01 pm

This sure got moved fast... whistle
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Miller   Andrew Miller - Page 3 Icon_minipostedTue Dec 04, 2007 10:05 pm

Touch my picture thread.....
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female
Number of posts : 8073
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I don't even know anymore.

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Miller   Andrew Miller - Page 3 Icon_minipostedTue Dec 04, 2007 10:07 pm

awww, Soul your signature makes me sad Frown
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Miller   Andrew Miller - Page 3 Icon_minipostedTue Dec 04, 2007 10:11 pm

Tell me about it... it's staying until I get some of him in a fish uniform...
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female
Number of posts : 8073
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I don't even know anymore.

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Miller   Andrew Miller - Page 3 Icon_minipostedTue Dec 04, 2007 10:13 pm

A fish uniform.... I think that ones better... even though it is really sad.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Miller   Andrew Miller - Page 3 Icon_minipostedTue Dec 04, 2007 10:14 pm

SoulRat wrote:

Why would I do that? We have plenty of non-Tiger stuff in there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Miller   Andrew Miller - Page 3 Icon_minipostedTue Dec 04, 2007 10:17 pm

Look on the brightside....at least he isn't a Ray...Frown those ugly uniforms, but he DOES make ANYTHING look good.
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Miller   Andrew Miller - Page 3 Icon_minipostedTue Dec 04, 2007 10:20 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
SoulRat wrote:

Why would I do that? We have plenty of non-Tiger stuff in there.

Thank you Big hug
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Miller   Andrew Miller - Page 3 Icon_minipostedTue Dec 04, 2007 10:22 pm

cdurbfan22 wrote:
Look on the brightside....at least he isn't a Ray...Frown those ugly uniforms, but he DOES make ANYTHING look good.

That's true, at least he isn't a Ray. Or worse yet... a Yankee Stunned And he gets to stay close to home. And I read somewhere in an interview when he was playing for Carolina that the Marlins were his favorite team, so it's probably all good for him. Now I have to buy mlb tv to see him rant
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Miller   Andrew Miller - Page 3 Icon_minipostedTue Dec 04, 2007 10:29 pm

SoulRat wrote:
cdurbfan22 wrote:

That's true, at least he isn't a Ray. Or worse yet... a Yankee Stunned And he gets to stay close to home. And I read somewhere in an interview when he was playing for Carolina that the Marlins were his favorite team, so it's probably all good for him. Now I have to buy mlb tv to see him rant

Actually I heard he's a Braves fan. He'll be in their division though!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Miller   Andrew Miller - Page 3 Icon_minipostedTue Dec 04, 2007 10:32 pm

A Bravos fan? hmmm. that's just plain adorable.

I love him even more now.
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Miller   Andrew Miller - Page 3 Icon_minipostedTue Dec 04, 2007 10:34 pm

Really? I swear I read he was a Marlins fan.... either way... THIS SUCKS!!
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

bobrob2004

Male

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Miller   Andrew Miller - Page 3 Icon_minipostedTue Dec 04, 2007 10:38 pm

Andrew Miller (baseball)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Andrew Mark Miller (born May 21, 1985, in Gainesville, Florida) is a pitcher for the Florida Marlins. He was the first player drafted in 2006 to make the major leagues.

College

After attending Buchholz High School in Gainesville, Miller pitched for the University of North Carolina, where he went 27-9. In his third and final year, he went 13-2 with a 2.48 ERA, leading the Tar Heels to the College World Series and to the national championship game, in which they lost to Oregon State. This southpaw dominated college hitters with his fastball (mid to upper 90s) and a devastating slider. Compared often to a young Randy Johnson, Miller stands 6'6" and is one of the top up and coming youngsters in the nation.

Miller was named 2006 College Player Of The Year by Baseball America. He also won the 2006 Roger Clemens Award.

MLB draft

Before deciding to play college baseball in North Carolina, Miller was drafted by the Tampa Bay Devil Rays in third round (68th overall) of the 2003 MLB Amateur Entry Draft. He was drafted again in 2006, this time 6th overall by the Detroit Tigers, and agreed to a contract with a guaranteed value of $5.45 million and a signing bonus of $3.55 million on August 4, 2006.

Minor leagues

Miller had a very brief stint in the minor leagues before getting called up to the Major Leagues. He made his pro debut on August 20, 2006 with the high-A Lakeland Tigers against the Fort Myers Miracle, striking out two batters and allowing no baserunners in one inning. His stint with Lakeland lasted less than a week, as he pitched his third and final outing six days later, once again against the Miracle. After five scoreless innings in three outings, he was called up to the major leagues.

Major leagues

Scouting report

Andrew Miller is widely regarded as the best pitcher in the 2006 draft which was laden with quality pitchers. His pitches include a mid to upper 90s fastball, a late-breaking slider and a change-up. His development should progress nicely in the major leagues after he acquires a better change-up and location to his pitches.[citation needed]

Miller made his major league debut on August 30 against the New York Yankees, pitching one scoreless inning and allowing only one baserunner on a hit by pitch.

While Miller did not make the opening day roster for the Tigers, he made his first major league start May 18, 2007 versus the St. Louis Cardinals in place of injured starter Jeremy Bonderman. Miller earned his first major league victory in his season debut, pitching 6 scoreless innings and giving up 4 hits while walking 3 and striking out 2. Miller showed his full potential in this game but he was sent back to the Minors as Bonderman recovered from injury. Miller was later recalled while Nate Robertson was sent to the disabled list with arm fatigue. He earned a 15-7 victory over the New York Mets behind another superb offensive backing by his teammates. As of June 24th, 2007 Miller's best game pitched was a six inning performance in Atlanta allowing 4 hits and no runs while also striking out two batters and walking two ending in a 5-0 Tigers victory

On December 4, 2007, the Tigers traded Miller, Cameron Maybin, Mike Rabelo, Dallas Trahern, Eulogio de la Cruz and Burke Badenhop to the Florida Marlins for Dontrelle Willis and Miguel Cabrera.[1]

Last edited by on Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

bobrob2004

Male

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Miller   Andrew Miller - Page 3 Icon_minipostedTue Dec 04, 2007 10:38 pm

Boy, whoever updates these wiki things sure does them fast!
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Miller   Andrew Miller - Page 3 Icon_minipostedTue Dec 04, 2007 10:39 pm

Okay, here it says his favorite pro teams are the Florida Marlins and the Jacksonville Jaguars.

http://tarheelblue.cstv.com/sports/m-basebl/mtt/miller_andrew00.html

Either way, it has to be better for him to be that close to home.
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Miller   Andrew Miller - Page 3 Icon_minipostedTue Dec 04, 2007 10:40 pm

bobrob2004 wrote:
Andrew Miller (baseball)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Andrew Mark Miller (born May 21, 1985, in Gainesville, Florida) is a pitcher for the Florida Marlins. He was the first player drafted in 2006 to make the major leagues.

College

After attending Buchholz High School in Gainesville, Miller pitched for the University of North Carolina, where he went 27-9. In his third and final year, he went 13-2 with a 2.48 ERA, leading the Tar Heels to the College World Series and to the national championship game, in which they lost to Oregon State. This southpaw dominated college hitters with his fastball (mid to upper 90s) and a devastating slider. Compared often to a young Randy Johnson, Miller stands 6'6" and is one of the top up and coming youngsters in the nation.

Miller was named 2006 College Player Of The Year by Baseball America. He also won the 2006 Roger Clemens Award.

MLB draft

Before deciding to play college baseball in North Carolina, Miller was drafted by the Tampa Bay Devil Rays in third round (68th overall) of the 2003 MLB Amateur Entry Draft. He was drafted again in 2006, this time 6th overall by the Detroit Tigers, and agreed to a contract with a guaranteed value of $5.45 million and a signing bonus of $3.55 million on August 4, 2006.

Minor leagues

Miller had a very brief stint in the minor leagues before getting called up to the Major Leagues. He made his pro debut on August 20, 2006 with the high-A Lakeland Tigers against the Fort Myers Miracle, striking out two batters and allowing no baserunners in one inning. His stint with Lakeland lasted less than a week, as he pitched his third and final outing six days later, once again against the Miracle. After five scoreless innings in three outings, he was called up to the major leagues.

Major leagues

Scouting report

Andrew Miller is widely regarded as the best pitcher in the 2006 draft which was laden with quality pitchers. His pitches include a mid to upper 90s fastball, a late-breaking slider and a change-up. His development should progress nicely in the major leagues after he acquires a better change-up and location to his pitches.[citation needed]

Miller made his major league debut on August 30 against the New York Yankees, pitching one scoreless inning and allowing only one baserunner on a hit by pitch.

While Miller did not make the opening day roster for the Tigers, he made his first major league start May 18, 2007 versus the St. Louis Cardinals in place of injured starter Jeremy Bonderman. Miller earned his first major league victory in his season debut, pitching 6 scoreless innings and giving up 4 hits while walking 3 and striking out 2. Miller showed his full potential in this game but he was sent back to the Minors as Bonderman recovered from injury. Miller was later recalled while Nate Robertson was sent to the disabled list with arm fatigue. He earned a 15-7 victory over the New York Mets behind another superb offensive backing by his teammates. As of June 24th, 2007 Miller's best game pitched was a six inning performance in Atlanta allowing 4 hits and no runs while also striking out two batters and walking two ending in a 5-0 Tigers victory

On December 4, 2007, the Tigers traded Miller, Cameron Maybin, Mike Rabelo, Dallas Trahern, Eulogio de la Cruz and Burke Badenhop to the Florida Marlins for Dontrelle Willis and Miguel Cabrera.[1]

Shit, already Frown They coulda waited a FEW more hours Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
mrsrabelo
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
mrsrabelo

Female
Number of posts : 2284
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Jeff Larish | Fish: Mike Rabelo | Rockie: Jason Grilli | Bullpen catcher: Scott Pickens

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Miller   Andrew Miller - Page 3 Icon_minipostedTue Dec 04, 2007 11:36 pm

They haven't traded them yet have they?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hotpinkangel09
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Miller   Andrew Miller - Page 3 Icon_minipostedTue Dec 04, 2007 11:37 pm

Yes, it's pretty much done. I guess they have to wait until tomorrow to file all the paper work or some bs.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Miller   Andrew Miller - Page 3 Icon_minipostedWed Dec 05, 2007 12:45 am

SoulRat wrote:
Really? I swear I read he was a Marlins fan.... either way... THIS SUCKS!!

He said in an interview on wxyz.com (go there and try and find it if you want) that because of TBS and that was "all the baseball he got" he was a Braves fan growing up. I think Granderson said that, too for the same reason but I'm nowhere near 100% on that one.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Miller   Andrew Miller - Page 3 Icon_minipostedWed Dec 05, 2007 12:47 am

SoulRat wrote:
Okay, here it says his favorite pro teams are the Florida Marlins and the Jacksonville Jaguars.

http://tarheelblue.cstv.com/sports/m-basebl/mtt/miller_andrew00.html

Either way, it has to be better for him to be that close to home.

Hmm...someone is lying.
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Miller   Andrew Miller - Page 3 Icon_minipostedWed Dec 05, 2007 1:20 am

:shrug:
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Miller   Andrew Miller - Page 3 Icon_minipostedWed Dec 05, 2007 3:52 am

TIGERS ARE GONNA BE GREAT IN 2008!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Miller   Andrew Miller - Page 3 Icon_minipostedWed Dec 05, 2007 3:52 am

World Series Here We come!
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male
Number of posts : 8973
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : All of 'em, except the BAD ones!!

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Miller   Andrew Miller - Page 3 Icon_minipostedWed Dec 05, 2007 11:18 am

Since WHEN did Braves fans become "adorable"??
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Miller   Andrew Miller - Page 3 Icon_minipostedWed Dec 05, 2007 11:20 am

Since they are Andrew duh LMAO
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

bobrob2004

Male

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Miller   Andrew Miller - Page 3 Icon_minipostedWed Dec 05, 2007 1:21 pm

Click... whistle
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Miller   Andrew Miller - Page 3 Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Andrew Miller
Page 3 of 23Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next