DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Pudge to Yankees (For Farnsworth)

Go down 
+14
gdennis59
SoulRat
prod
mrsrabelo
TrammMan
catbox_9
bobrob2004
tigersaint
gs78
pudgemaggs
iluvpudge7
GoGetEmTigers
laprimamirala
swiss_tiger
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Pudgerocks
West Michigan Whitecap
West Michigan Whitecap
Pudgerocks

Female
Number of posts : 392
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Still not over Ivan but am going to have to defect to Carlos!
Registration date : 2007-10-07

Pudge to Yankees (For Farnsworth) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pudge to Yankees (For Farnsworth)   Pudge to Yankees (For Farnsworth) - Page 4 Icon_minipostedThu Jul 31, 2008 2:21 am

gs78 wrote:
Why didn't we trade Pudge for some magic beans

Or a management staff that doesn't have their heads up their butts??????
Back to top Go down
http://klbennett426@yahoo.com
Pudgerocks
West Michigan Whitecap
West Michigan Whitecap
Pudgerocks

Female
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Still not over Ivan but am going to have to defect to Carlos!

PostSubject: Re: Pudge to Yankees (For Farnsworth)   Pudge to Yankees (For Farnsworth) - Page 4 Icon_minipostedThu Jul 31, 2008 2:22 am

catbox_9 wrote:
Pudge to Yankees (For Farnsworth) - Page 4 Ph_121358 :haha: that picture looks kind of funny.

Um.........there really is nothing funny about this!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
swiss_tiger
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
swiss_tiger

Male
Number of posts : 1760
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Inge, Inge, Inge and hhmmm Inge. ;-)
Registration date : 2007-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Pudge to Yankees (For Farnsworth)   Pudge to Yankees (For Farnsworth) - Page 4 Icon_minipostedThu Jul 31, 2008 2:25 am

gs78 wrote:
On the plus side
Inge gets to Catch everyday
GO BRANDON! GO BRANDON!

GO BRANDON indeed, but i would prefer to see him 3b!
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female
Number of posts : 14194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio........:)
Registration date : 2007-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Pudge to Yankees (For Farnsworth)   Pudge to Yankees (For Farnsworth) - Page 4 Icon_minipostedThu Jul 31, 2008 8:40 am

Why do we need to trade a HOF catcher to the evil empire?
Dombrowski does not even think we are in contention; he thinks New York is!
Pudge made guys wanna play for Detroit. Now they probably all want to leave.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female
Number of posts : 8073
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I don't even know anymore.

PostSubject: Re: Pudge to Yankees (For Farnsworth)   Pudge to Yankees (For Farnsworth) - Page 4 Icon_minipostedThu Jul 31, 2008 10:38 am

My mom texted me last night and told me about this Frown
Our management is giving up on the year.
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Pudge to Yankees (For Farnsworth)   Pudge to Yankees (For Farnsworth) - Page 4 Icon_minipostedThu Jul 31, 2008 10:42 am

Baseball gods ain't smilin' on the Tigers just now....
Back to top Go down
iluvpudge7
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
iluvpudge7

Female
Number of posts : 2194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Not sure yet...
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Pudge to Yankees (For Farnsworth)   Pudge to Yankees (For Farnsworth) - Page 4 Icon_minipostedThu Jul 31, 2008 12:12 pm

prod wrote:
Sad Mad Crying or Very sad No affraid grouch rant fingers Censored Stunned Shocked Jaw Drop Thud Up Yours Frown Thumb Down :shrug: Perturbed Smack sick Suicide puke

yeah, that pretty much covers it.....
Back to top Go down
Pudgerocks
West Michigan Whitecap
West Michigan Whitecap
Pudgerocks

Female

PostSubject: Re: Pudge to Yankees (For Farnsworth)   Pudge to Yankees (For Farnsworth) - Page 4 Icon_minipostedThu Jul 31, 2008 1:10 pm

iluvpudge7 wrote:
prod wrote:
Sad Mad Crying or Very sad No affraid grouch rant fingers Censored Stunned Shocked Jaw Drop Thud Up Yours Frown Thumb Down :shrug: Perturbed Smack sick Suicide puke

yeah, that pretty much covers it.....

For Sure!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: Pudge to Yankees (For Farnsworth)   Pudge to Yankees (For Farnsworth) - Page 4 Icon_minipostedThu Jul 31, 2008 1:23 pm

and Farnsworth does not want to come to Detroit!
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male
Number of posts : 8973
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : All of 'em, except the BAD ones!!

PostSubject: Re: Pudge to Yankees (For Farnsworth)   Pudge to Yankees (For Farnsworth) - Page 4 Icon_minipostedThu Jul 31, 2008 7:03 pm

Sorry to all of our female PUDGE fans....this must suck pretty bad for y'all.
If it is any consolation, I will miss him too.
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male
Number of posts : 8973
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : All of 'em, except the BAD ones!!

PostSubject: Re: Pudge to Yankees (For Farnsworth)   Pudge to Yankees (For Farnsworth) - Page 4 Icon_minipostedThu Jul 31, 2008 7:08 pm

We couldn't at least have asked for Hawkins to be included in this deal?
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: Pudge to Yankees (For Farnsworth)   Pudge to Yankees (For Farnsworth) - Page 4 Icon_minipostedThu Jul 31, 2008 7:09 pm

tigersaint wrote:
Sorry to all of our female PUDGE fans....this must suck pretty bad for y'all.
If it is any consolation, I will miss him too.

So will I!

Bullshit Trade grouch grouch grouch
Back to top Go down
NYyankees
Oneonta Tiger
Oneonta Tiger
NYyankees

Male
Number of posts : 126

PostSubject: Re: Pudge to Yankees (For Farnsworth)   Pudge to Yankees (For Farnsworth) - Page 4 Icon_minipostedThu Jul 31, 2008 11:08 pm

tigersaint wrote:
We couldn't at least have asked for Hawkins to be included in this deal?

I hated the guy..... he was only good for long relief (so we can kill his arm and not use him for a few days Smile ...) kinda like the games we have tonight....

even the way the tigers are playing he'll probably be a bad outcome.... unless you guys are dieing for a relief pitcher....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pudge to Yankees (For Farnsworth)   Pudge to Yankees (For Farnsworth) - Page 4 Icon_minipostedFri Aug 01, 2008 12:34 am

hawkins blows lol
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: Pudge to Yankees (For Farnsworth)   Pudge to Yankees (For Farnsworth) - Page 4 Icon_minipostedFri Aug 01, 2008 3:18 am

Sure does
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Pudge to Yankees (For Farnsworth)   Pudge to Yankees (For Farnsworth) - Page 4 Icon_minipostedFri Aug 01, 2008 5:51 am

Pudge went 1 for 4 last night in his first game as a ******.
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: Pudge to Yankees (For Farnsworth)   Pudge to Yankees (For Farnsworth) - Page 4 Icon_minipostedFri Aug 01, 2008 9:44 am

Sad hing is he feels being a Yankee is a dream come true! Well then, enjoy it as the Tigers beat you and your new friends!

08/01/2008 2:39 AM ET
Pudge says being a Yankee a 'dream'
Bombers' new catcher thrilled to make debut in pinstripes
By Willie Bans / MLB.com

NEW YORK -- Even before his first news conference as a Yankee, Ivan Rodriguez had already been wearing his No. 12 pregame jersey and Yankees cap. He arrived in New York at 10 a.m. ET on Thursday but went to the clubhouse first, chatting with his new teammates and coaches.

"I love to play in New York," said Rodriguez, who'll catch Andy Pettitte during Thursday's series opener against the Angels. "I love it. This is a dream for me to be here."

The Yankees acquired the 14-time All-Star catcher from the Tigers on Wednesday in exchange for right-handed reliever Kyle Farnsworth. Rodriguez, also a 13-time Gold Glove winner, was batting .295 with five home runs and 32 RBIs in 82 games with Detroit. A career .302 hitter, the 36-year-old is in his 18th Major League season.

Before the news conference, Pudge met with pitching coach Dave Eiland, first-base coach and former catcher Tony Pena, and Jose Molina, who became the regular catcher after Jorge Posada's injured right shoulder limited him and, ultimately, resulted in season-ending surgery on Wednesday.

"This is a learning process right now," Rodriguez said. "I'm a very simple catcher behind the plate. I just want the pitchers to feel good when I'm behind the plate."

Rodriguez waived a no-trade clause to approve the deal after he was told by the Tigers that they planned to use Brandon Inge more. Even so, Rodriguez was surprised by the deal, for two reasons:

Detroit isn't out of it in the American League Central, sitting six games behind the White Sox entering Thursday's action. In addition, Molina has one of the best arms in the game, and he leads the Majors with a 46.3 caught-stealing percentage.

"It's still hard to believe I'm talking to you guys here in Yankee Stadium with a Yankee uniform," Rodriguez said. "But I'm happy, and I'll do my best."

And he has Molina's blessing.

"How many All-Stars does he have? How many Gold Gloves does he have?" said Molina, who has known Rodriguez for years. "People think because he's 36 he's losing it. I don't think so. I think he still has game. He still has his arm, his glove. We'll have to see if it's going to be better or worse, hopefully, for good. I don't want to lose."

Rodriguez will plenty of support on Thursday, as his parents, wife and three children will be attendance. He'll also have the backing of manager Joe Girardi.

"He understands what it's like, in a sense, to be a Yankee," Girardi said. "He's excited about being a Yankee and what lies before us and the challenges. He's caught two World Series and was a champion in one of them. He's excited for that opportunity."

Willie Bans is an associate reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: Pudge to Yankees (For Farnsworth)   Pudge to Yankees (For Farnsworth) - Page 4 Icon_minipostedFri Aug 01, 2008 9:54 am

Well Pudge, I loved you being a Tiger, and your surprise at being traded because:

Quote :
Even so, Rodriguez was surprised by the deal, for two reasons:

Detroit isn't out of it in the American League Central, sitting six games behind the White Sox entering Thursday's action.

But your being caught up with the "Yankee Mystique" like they are better than anyone else... Have fun, if you don't perform at the best, your tenure there will be short! Just look back to 2006... who won the Tiger-Yankee playoffs????

And last year, who was in the world series.... not the Yankees.

I will give you credit for busting your butt to get to the Yankees..... can't say the same for Mr Farnsworth. He sure is taking his time, Mr Dumbroski, in getting to his new team! He did not like the trade.... just hope he is not a cancer to Detroit...
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female
Number of posts : 9935
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I like fish at the moment....
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Pudge to Yankees (For Farnsworth)   Pudge to Yankees (For Farnsworth) - Page 4 Icon_minipostedFri Aug 01, 2008 10:40 am

catbox_9 wrote:
GoGetEmTigers wrote:
Our roster shows no catchers... click on pudge and it takes you to Yankees!

We're going to get a lot of wild pitches without a catcher. Teams will probably steal quite often if we don't use one.

LMAO
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female
Number of posts : 9935
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I like fish at the moment....
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Pudge to Yankees (For Farnsworth)   Pudge to Yankees (For Farnsworth) - Page 4 Icon_minipostedFri Aug 01, 2008 10:48 am

I am depressed my internet was broken on the deadline, I missed so much, when my friend from LA texted me this, I called him a liar and he said "Yeah, like I even know who Farnsworth IS" (He's not really a baseball fan lol) that's when I knew it was true and quick turned on the Tigers pregame and there was Pudge. He looked very happy to be out of Detroit Frown

I was never a huge Pudge fan but I liked the guy and as much as people bitch about his bat, he was still awfully good behind the plate and I think the Tigers will miss that. I love Brandon but dude, is he ready to be the everday catcher?

Asshat, he shoulda went to the Fish They need him more than the damn Yankees Thumb Down
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Pudge to Yankees (For Farnsworth)   Pudge to Yankees (For Farnsworth) - Page 4 Icon_minipostedFri Aug 01, 2008 12:36 pm

$$ talked in this case. He went 1-4 last night; we'll see if the Yankmees want him back at the end of the season!
Back to top Go down
iluvpudge7
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
iluvpudge7

Female

PostSubject: Re: Pudge to Yankees (For Farnsworth)   Pudge to Yankees (For Farnsworth) - Page 4 Icon_minipostedFri Aug 01, 2008 6:18 pm

Well, I guess I need a screen name change....I'm thinkin' "iluvicecream" scratch
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Pudge to Yankees (For Farnsworth)   Pudge to Yankees (For Farnsworth) - Page 4 Icon_minipostedFri Aug 01, 2008 6:19 pm

iluvpudge7 wrote:
Well, I guess I need a screen name change....I'm thinkin' "iluvicecream" scratch
thumbs up
Back to top Go down
iluvpudge7
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
iluvpudge7

Female

PostSubject: Re: Pudge to Yankees (For Farnsworth)   Pudge to Yankees (For Farnsworth) - Page 4 Icon_minipostedFri Aug 01, 2008 6:22 pm

yep, iluvpudge7 is now iluvicecream :haha:
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Number of posts : 7415
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Pudge to Yankees (For Farnsworth)   Pudge to Yankees (For Farnsworth) - Page 4 Icon_minipostedFri Aug 01, 2008 6:37 pm

And Since you havent decided on a favorite Tiger yet, you could just put Jonesy there until you figure out...
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/baseballer41001
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Pudge to Yankees (For Farnsworth)   Pudge to Yankees (For Farnsworth) - Page 4 Icon_minipostedFri Aug 01, 2008 6:38 pm

gdennis59 wrote:
And Since you havent decided on a favorite Tiger yet, you could just put Jonesy there until you figure out...

applaud
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Pudge to Yankees (For Farnsworth)   Pudge to Yankees (For Farnsworth) - Page 4 Icon_minipostedFri Aug 01, 2008 7:47 pm

iluvicecream wrote:
yep, iluvpudge7 is now iluvicecream :haha:

Pudge to Yankees (For Farnsworth) - Page 4 Lefthu16

omg I am so sorry No
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female
Number of posts : 8073
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I don't even know anymore.

PostSubject: Re: Pudge to Yankees (For Farnsworth)   Pudge to Yankees (For Farnsworth) - Page 4 Icon_minipostedFri Aug 01, 2008 8:18 pm

gdennis59 wrote:
OR Matt and Maggs Smile
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: Pudge to Yankees (For Farnsworth)   Pudge to Yankees (For Farnsworth) - Page 4 Icon_minipostedFri Aug 01, 2008 10:03 pm

TigersGirl wrote:
gdennis59 wrote:
OR Matt and Maggs Smile

Or the magic Man -- A. Galarraga
Back to top Go down
iluvpudge7
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
iluvpudge7

Female

PostSubject: Re: Pudge to Yankees (For Farnsworth)   Pudge to Yankees (For Farnsworth) - Page 4 Icon_minipostedSat Aug 02, 2008 5:02 pm

scratch hmmm...I guess I like them all really. There aren't any that I don't like.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pudge to Yankees (For Farnsworth)   Pudge to Yankees (For Farnsworth) - Page 4 Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Pudge to Yankees (For Farnsworth)
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next