DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

I'm not quite sure how this could get any worse...

Go down 
+3
iluvpudge7
kharmon
TigerLily
7 posters
AuthorMessage
TigerLily
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
TigerLily

Female
Number of posts : 1848
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : How do I choose?
Registration date : 2007-11-30

I'm not quite sure how this could get any worse... Empty
PostSubject: I'm not quite sure how this could get any worse...   I'm not quite sure how this could get any worse... Icon_minipostedTue Jul 08, 2008 12:56 am

--Unless, like, a plane crashed on me right now.

Yeah, okay, it's late and everything, but I'm pretty sure I'm coming down with a stomach bug (nausea, gagging, pain, a fever-- oh yeah) and my grandpa's funeral is tomorrow. Anyone have any remedies that are going to keep me from puke in the middle of the service or should I just skip? Frown
Back to top Go down
kharmon
West Michigan Whitecap
West Michigan Whitecap
kharmon

Female
Number of posts : 399
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Mike Hollimon
Registration date : 2008-04-12

PostSubject: Re: I'm not quite sure how this could get any worse...   I'm not quite sure how this could get any worse... Icon_minipostedTue Jul 08, 2008 1:40 am

You're probably just really stressed out. I get like that. You can try soda water and crackers. That works for me sometimes. I hope you start feeling better soon. If you don't think you can handle the service you shouldn't go. When my grandma died my brother didn't go because he didn't want to remember her like that. He hasn't regretted it. But it all depends on what you think is best for you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kmharmon
iluvpudge7
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
iluvpudge7

Female
Number of posts : 2194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Not sure yet...
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: I'm not quite sure how this could get any worse...   I'm not quite sure how this could get any worse... Icon_minipostedTue Jul 08, 2008 5:02 pm

Excellent advice kharmon. People attending funeral services know that the immediate family is extremely stressed out. Hope it went ok for you TigerLily.
Anyone else in this situation, you can also stand/sit near the door so that you can easily leave the room if you have to. These types of things in life are always enough to stress you out and make you sick.
Back to top Go down
TigerLily
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
TigerLily

Female

PostSubject: Re: I'm not quite sure how this could get any worse...   I'm not quite sure how this could get any worse... Icon_minipostedTue Jul 08, 2008 6:20 pm

Thanks you two. I had to miss. I was just too sick last night (with a low-grade fever) and this morning. I made the mistake of eating a couple of hours ago and feel like I've swallowed a 10 pound weight.

I'll have talk to my grandma at the end of the week and apologize for not being able to make it.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female
Number of posts : 8073
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I don't even know anymore.
Registration date : 2007-10-05

PostSubject: Re: I'm not quite sure how this could get any worse...   I'm not quite sure how this could get any worse... Icon_minipostedTue Jul 08, 2008 8:27 pm

I'm sooo sorry TigerLily. And I think your grandma will understand that you were upset and just couldn't go.
Back to top Go down
TigerLily
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
TigerLily

Female

PostSubject: Re: I'm not quite sure how this could get any worse...   I'm not quite sure how this could get any worse... Icon_minipostedTue Jul 08, 2008 8:30 pm

I'm not even sure if this is nerves, because I've been sick from nerves before and it's never felt like this (and I'm still sick as I speak).
Back to top Go down
kharmon
West Michigan Whitecap
West Michigan Whitecap
kharmon

Female
Number of posts : 399
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Mike Hollimon
Registration date : 2008-04-12

PostSubject: Re: I'm not quite sure how this could get any worse...   I'm not quite sure how this could get any worse... Icon_minipostedWed Jul 09, 2008 1:57 am

Well, if it's a bug I hope you get over it soon. I'm sure your Grandma understands. Get some rest and feel better.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kmharmon
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: I'm not quite sure how this could get any worse...   I'm not quite sure how this could get any worse... Icon_minipostedWed Jul 09, 2008 2:13 am

Not only that; if what you have is catchy; others could get sick , including your grandma.
Back to top Go down
TigerLily
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
TigerLily

Female

PostSubject: Re: I'm not quite sure how this could get any worse...   I'm not quite sure how this could get any worse... Icon_minipostedWed Jul 09, 2008 4:09 am

gs78 wrote:
Not only that; if what you have is catchy; others could get sick , including your grandma.

That's why I'm waiting until the end of the week to go see her. By then it's bound to be over with.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: I'm not quite sure how this could get any worse...   I'm not quite sure how this could get any worse... Icon_minipostedWed Jul 09, 2008 1:27 pm

thumbs up
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female
Number of posts : 14194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio........:)
Registration date : 2007-10-29

PostSubject: Re: I'm not quite sure how this could get any worse...   I'm not quite sure how this could get any worse... Icon_minipostedWed Jul 09, 2008 2:13 pm

So sorry it had to happen like this No Hope you feel better soon! Take small sips of water when you're able...gotta keep hydrated!
Back to top Go down
Trinita
West Michigan Whitecap
West Michigan Whitecap
Trinita

Female
Number of posts : 431
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio
Registration date : 2007-10-29

PostSubject: Re: I'm not quite sure how this could get any worse...   I'm not quite sure how this could get any worse... Icon_minipostedThu Jul 10, 2008 10:35 am

Ginger ale works for me. I get nauseous all the time with my migraines.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm not quite sure how this could get any worse...   I'm not quite sure how this could get any worse... Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

I'm not quite sure how this could get any worse...
Page 1 of 1