DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

I had an awesome day yesterday!!!!!

Go down 
+7
gdennis59
TG
gs78
laprimamirala
catbox_9
GoGetEmTigers
mrsrabelo
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mrsrabelo
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
mrsrabelo

Female
Number of posts : 2284
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Jeff Larish | Fish: Mike Rabelo | Rockie: Jason Grilli | Bullpen catcher: Scott Pickens
Registration date : 2007-10-05

I had an awesome day yesterday!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: I had an awesome day yesterday!!!!!   I had an awesome day yesterday!!!!! Icon_minipostedMon Jun 09, 2008 6:47 pm

Pictures under the spoilers.

So yesterday I went to the Tigers early game and took my new poster with me

Spoiler:

We got there and stood behind where Justin Verlander and Scott were playing catch, Justin stopped and looked at my sign. He smirked and finished throwing. Well they finished and went into the bullpen so Justin could throw a session, as they were walking past Scott looked up at me and smiled. So they went in and I stood there for a little while longer waiting for him to come out and then Jim Leyland walks over to where I was standing and says "Scott Pickens? You have got to be kidding me. You're joking right?" and I told him no and showed him my Scott Pickens shirt. He says "Wait one second." and walks into the bullpen and pulls Scott out (while Justin is pitching to him) and shows him my sign. He smiles and pats Jims chest

Spoiler:

Jim stands around for a little while and keeps asking my if I was serious, and the lady next to me says that I must be related to him. Scott and Justin finish in the bullpen and Scott comes out and tosses me a ball (PARTY!) and goes in. We leave the area that we are standing in to go find our friends who usually hang out behind home plate and talk to the security guards. So we get over there and talk to all of them and then I hear "Pickens, Pickens" and I look up and there is Jim Leyland waving at me saying "He is right here." he points me and my sign out to Scott and then everyone (Chuck Hernandez, Rafel Belliard, Placido Polanco, Dave Dombrowski, Miguel Cabrera and of course Scott Pickens, to name a few) starts looking at me and talking to Scott about me and my sign. He was smiling and blushing and every couple minutes someone else turns around and looks at me.

Now batting practice is over and it's time for the players to come out and warm up before the game starts so me and my mom go and stand on the left field wall because that is where Scott and whoever is starting that day go and warm up (play catch and eventually move into the bullpen). We got there just as Scott was coming out of the bullpen with all of his stuff. He sets it down and comes over and signs some kids stuff and then comes over to me. My mom says "Scott you have to sign her sign." He says "Oh I will." with a smile on his face and I got a picture with him.

Spoiler:

We watched him warm up for a little while and then decide to go and sit down. Sounds fun right? Yeah I know, but it gets better. We had decided to go down to Toledo and watch Joel pitch with two of our Tiger friends, one of them is good friends with Joel so we just rode down there with them.

We get to Toledo and are enjoying the game and in the third inning our friends move over to sit 4 rows behind home plate so we joined them.

Spoiler:

Probably in the fourth inning I started looking around to see if I could spot Jim Leyland, because he said that he was going to be there, and I see this guy wave his hand and I turned back around and then realized who it was. OMG SCOTT PICKENS AND JEFF JONES ARE SITTING 5 ROWS BEHIND US!!!!! I turned to my mom and said "Oh my gosh mom. Scott and Jeff are sitting right there." so of course we all turn around and look and Jeff sees us so he waved to us and it was really cool.

Spoiler:

Now it's the inning before Fernando is going to pitch and I am getting up to go to the bathroom. My mom looks back and says "They are still sitting there, you should go that way and say Hi." I of course say no and make my way up to the bathrooms. I get closer and who is standing 2 feet away from the womens bathrooms talking? Yeah that's right, Scott Pickens and Jeff Jones. I didn't go over there and talk to them because 1) they were talking to someone else and 2) I really had to go to the bathroom.

They left as soon as Joel finished pitching, but it was still cool. Our friend has a picture of Scott pointing at us. (Big Smile) It was one of the coolest days ever, I just thought I would share with all of you lovely Tiger fans! Wooh I didn't realize it was going to be this long . Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hotpinkangel09
GoGetEmTigers
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: I had an awesome day yesterday!!!!!   I had an awesome day yesterday!!!!! Icon_minipostedMon Jun 09, 2008 6:53 pm

That is really neat! go team
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander

PostSubject: Re: I had an awesome day yesterday!!!!!   I had an awesome day yesterday!!!!! Icon_minipostedMon Jun 09, 2008 6:57 pm

LOL. That's a cool story.
Back to top Go down
mrsrabelo
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
mrsrabelo

Female
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Jeff Larish | Fish: Mike Rabelo | Rockie: Jason Grilli | Bullpen catcher: Scott Pickens

PostSubject: Re: I had an awesome day yesterday!!!!!   I had an awesome day yesterday!!!!! Icon_minipostedMon Jun 09, 2008 7:09 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
LOL. That's a cool story.

GoGetEmTigers wrote:
That is really neat! go team

I know right? It totally makes up for the wicked bad sunburn I got.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: I had an awesome day yesterday!!!!!   I had an awesome day yesterday!!!!! Icon_minipostedMon Jun 09, 2008 7:17 pm

mrsrabelo wrote:

It totally makes up for the wicked bad sunburn I got.

Wicked bad? Rolling Eyes

Sunscreen would have prevented that. Aloe gel will help.
Back to top Go down
mrsrabelo
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
mrsrabelo

Female

PostSubject: Re: I had an awesome day yesterday!!!!!   I had an awesome day yesterday!!!!! Icon_minipostedMon Jun 09, 2008 7:20 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
mrsrabelo wrote:

Wicked bad? Rolling Eyes

Oh I did wear sunscreen. SPF 55 to be exact. I burn no matter if I wear it or not.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: I had an awesome day yesterday!!!!!   I had an awesome day yesterday!!!!! Icon_minipostedMon Jun 09, 2008 7:59 pm

mrsrabelo wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
mrsrabelo wrote:

Wicked bad? Rolling Eyes

Oh I did wear sunscreen. SPF 55 to be exact. I burn no matter if I wear it or not.

Next time wear a rain coat and hat? You're the one in the middle:
I had an awesome day yesterday!!!!! Singin_mutts
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female
Number of posts : 14194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio........:)
Registration date : 2007-10-29

PostSubject: Re: I had an awesome day yesterday!!!!!   I had an awesome day yesterday!!!!! Icon_minipostedMon Jun 09, 2008 10:32 pm

Great story Mrs. R!! tiger bow
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I had an awesome day yesterday!!!!!   I had an awesome day yesterday!!!!! Icon_minipostedTue Jun 10, 2008 12:17 am

that is awesome that u had a great day Smile
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: I had an awesome day yesterday!!!!!   I had an awesome day yesterday!!!!! Icon_minipostedTue Jun 10, 2008 1:54 am

That sun is a killer!

Makes me glad I sat up in the back of the Mezzainne

Glad you had an awesome day
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female
Number of posts : 8073
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I don't even know anymore.

PostSubject: Re: I had an awesome day yesterday!!!!!   I had an awesome day yesterday!!!!! Icon_minipostedTue Jun 10, 2008 6:38 pm

That's cool!

I wish I could go to all these games and meet these people! I'm so jealous!!! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Number of posts : 7415
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: I had an awesome day yesterday!!!!!   I had an awesome day yesterday!!!!! Icon_minipostedTue Jun 10, 2008 6:46 pm

Me too Holl!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/baseballer41001
iluvpudge7
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
iluvpudge7

Female
Number of posts : 2194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Not sure yet...
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: I had an awesome day yesterday!!!!!   I had an awesome day yesterday!!!!! Icon_minipostedWed Jun 11, 2008 12:10 am

I always love hearing mrsrabelo stories!!! bow
Back to top Go down
mrsrabelo
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
mrsrabelo

Female

PostSubject: Re: I had an awesome day yesterday!!!!!   I had an awesome day yesterday!!!!! Icon_minipostedWed Jun 11, 2008 12:36 am

Thanks guys Big Smile

And to add to the AWESOME day I had on Sunday, I went to the game today taking with me my Scott Pickens sign and my new Mike Hollimon sign.

Spoiler:

We ended up sitting 3 rows behind the dug out and in between innings I held up my Mike sign and he smiled really big and waved at me. It was adorable!!!

After the game was over I moved up to the first row and held up my Scott sign and he smiled and waved at me. Jeff Jones spotted my sign also and he, jokingly of course, pointed to Scott and shook his head and gave a Thumb Down, he waved at me and then they all disappeared underneath the dugout.

These guys are really enjoying my signs! Yay2 Hopefully on Sunday I will be holding a 'Happy Birthday Michael' sign.

And just because Jeff Larish and Mike Hollimon are gorgeous

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
mrsrabelo
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
mrsrabelo

Female

PostSubject: Re: I had an awesome day yesterday!!!!!   I had an awesome day yesterday!!!!! Icon_minipostedWed Jun 11, 2008 12:36 am

TigersGirl wrote:
That's cool!

I wish I could go to all these games and meet these people! I'm so jealous!!! Rolling Eyes

Well you'll just have to come to a game with me. Nod
Back to top Go down
Ohios#1TigerFan
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
Ohios#1TigerFan

Male
Number of posts : 1473
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Placido, Thames, Miggy, B.Inge

PostSubject: Re: I had an awesome day yesterday!!!!!   I had an awesome day yesterday!!!!! Icon_minipostedWed Jun 11, 2008 2:02 am

That does it Mrs R......I'm stopping by on my way to the game Thursday and picking you up...I have to drive through Toledo anyway! LOL

Seriously though...I REALLY want to see if I can get Maggs or Pudge (or anyone for that matter! lol) to autograph my leg around my Tigers Logo tattoo...If I can, I'll be at the tattoo parlor Friday morning to have those signatures engraved on my leg forever! LMAO
Back to top Go down
swiss_tiger
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
swiss_tiger

Male
Number of posts : 1760
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Inge, Inge, Inge and hhmmm Inge. ;-)

PostSubject: Re: I had an awesome day yesterday!!!!!   I had an awesome day yesterday!!!!! Icon_minipostedWed Jun 11, 2008 3:14 am

Thanks for sharing this mrsrabelo! I had so much fun reading this! Your stories are awesome! YAY!
Back to top Go down
swiss_tiger
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
swiss_tiger

Male

PostSubject: Re: I had an awesome day yesterday!!!!!   I had an awesome day yesterday!!!!! Icon_minipostedWed Jun 11, 2008 3:14 am

Ohios#1TigerFan wrote:
I REALLY want to see if I can get Maggs or Pudge (or anyone for that matter! lol) to autograph my leg around my Tigers Logo tattoo...If I can, I'll be at the tattoo parlor Friday morning to have those signatures engraved on my leg forever! LMAO
thumbs up that would be awesome!
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female
Number of posts : 9935
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I like fish at the moment....
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: I had an awesome day yesterday!!!!!   I had an awesome day yesterday!!!!! Icon_minipostedWed Jun 11, 2008 3:05 pm

You are awesome! I am definately taking you to Florida with me Nod
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: I had an awesome day yesterday!!!!!   I had an awesome day yesterday!!!!! Icon_minipostedWed Jun 11, 2008 3:08 pm

let's all go!
Back to top Go down
mrsrabelo
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
mrsrabelo

Female

PostSubject: Re: I had an awesome day yesterday!!!!!   I had an awesome day yesterday!!!!! Icon_minipostedWed Jun 11, 2008 3:13 pm

SoulRat wrote:

Ok thumbs up
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female
Number of posts : 8073
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I don't even know anymore.

PostSubject: Re: I had an awesome day yesterday!!!!!   I had an awesome day yesterday!!!!! Icon_minipostedWed Jun 11, 2008 4:50 pm

SoulRat wrote:

CAN I GO?!??!? Big Smile
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: I had an awesome day yesterday!!!!!   I had an awesome day yesterday!!!!! Icon_minipostedWed Jun 11, 2008 5:32 pm

TigersGirl wrote:
SoulRat wrote:

CAN I GO?!??!? Big Smile

Of course! Unfortunately this trip is only in my mind Sad
Back to top Go down
swiss_tiger
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
swiss_tiger

Male

PostSubject: Re: I had an awesome day yesterday!!!!!   I had an awesome day yesterday!!!!! Icon_minipostedWed Jun 11, 2008 5:33 pm

mrsrabelo wrote:
SoulRat wrote:

Ok thumbs up
You got a place left for me? Rolling Eyes Big Smile
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: I had an awesome day yesterday!!!!!   I had an awesome day yesterday!!!!! Icon_minipostedWed Jun 11, 2008 5:35 pm

As long as you guys can get along with the rest of the voices in my head, you can ALL come along :haha:
Back to top Go down
mrsrabelo
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
mrsrabelo

Female

PostSubject: Re: I had an awesome day yesterday!!!!!   I had an awesome day yesterday!!!!! Icon_minipostedWed Jun 11, 2008 5:50 pm

SoulRat wrote:
Unfortunately this trip is only in my mind Sad

Minor details....
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: I had an awesome day yesterday!!!!!   I had an awesome day yesterday!!!!! Icon_minipostedWed Jun 11, 2008 6:38 pm

Screw it, I'm going, too! I'd assume we're going to see Miller pitch?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I had an awesome day yesterday!!!!!   I had an awesome day yesterday!!!!! Icon_minipostedWed Jun 11, 2008 8:07 pm

can i go too?
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: I had an awesome day yesterday!!!!!   I had an awesome day yesterday!!!!! Icon_minipostedWed Jun 11, 2008 8:08 pm

only if you bring Paul with you! (mccartney)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I had an awesome day yesterday!!!!!   I had an awesome day yesterday!!!!! Icon_minipostedWed Jun 11, 2008 8:14 pm

Oh, ill bring Sir Paul along Smile he will be delighted to go.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I had an awesome day yesterday!!!!!   I had an awesome day yesterday!!!!! Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

I had an awesome day yesterday!!!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next