DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Rants go here

Go down 
+13
TG
SoulRat
TigerLily
kharmon
Ohios#1TigerFan
gs78
rickimouse
gdennis59
GoGetEmTigers
catbox_9
bobrob2004
mrsrabelo
laprimamirala
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
AuthorMessage
mrsrabelo
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
mrsrabelo

Female
Number of posts : 2284
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Jeff Larish | Fish: Mike Rabelo | Rockie: Jason Grilli | Bullpen catcher: Scott Pickens
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Rants go here - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 33 Icon_minipostedTue Nov 11, 2008 9:51 pm

TG wrote:
I'm sorry Frown

Did you get the guy that you wanted?

Not yet cross fingers
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hotpinkangel09
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Number of posts : 7415
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 33 Icon_minipostedThu Nov 13, 2008 8:32 am

My rant that may just last me quite a bit:

Ive felt like shit the past 3 days, I got out of school on Tuesday, but yesterday I went and felt like shit all day, today is even worse, I feel terrible, have the worst headache in the world, I only got 4 hours of sleep last night, and my mom just assumes Im gonna be fine, no, shes fucking retarded.
And telling her to shut the fuck up didnt help my situation that much.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/baseballer41001
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female
Number of posts : 14194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio........:)
Registration date : 2007-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 33 Icon_minipostedThu Nov 13, 2008 11:22 am

Stunned Frown
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 33 Icon_minipostedThu Nov 13, 2008 1:38 pm

I F---KING HATE MY JOB!
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 33 Icon_minipostedThu Nov 13, 2008 1:50 pm

gdennis59 wrote:
My rant that may just last me quite a bit:

Ive felt like shit the past 3 days, I got out of school on Tuesday, but yesterday I went and felt like shit all day, today is even worse, I feel terrible, have the worst headache in the world, I only got 4 hours of sleep last night, and my mom just assumes Im gonna be fine, no, shes fucking retarded.
And telling her to shut the fuck up didnt help my situation that much.

need to get to the doc, my friend.
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Number of posts : 7415
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 33 Icon_minipostedThu Nov 13, 2008 2:14 pm

Ha. My mom doesnt believe the doctor is needed until she says so. So I dont care. Im just gonna finish my shitty week, and do nothing this weekend, since I got grounded for mouthing of to her, unless she gets occupied with my brother getting expelled.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/baseballer41001
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 33 Icon_minipostedThu Nov 13, 2008 3:20 pm

So last week I call to see my doctor so that he can sign something saying I'm healthy which I need in order to work at the hospital. They call and say they aren't seeing new patients. He's been my doctor since I turned 18, I just haven't ever seen him. My mom calls and they say they'll call right back. They call yesterday but I'm not home. I call back today and they don't believe me. I re-listen to the message and tell them who called. They then said they'd see me but that the doctor doesn't take my insurance so I'd have to pay cash. That's not true because I'm on my mom's insurance and she's seen the doctor for the last 20ish years. My sister sees him, too.

I find a new doctor a few blocks from my house and they will see me. Unfortunately he's an internist and I think he's going to want to draw blood...the receptionist told me that I have an appointment next Wednesday and then I'll get a 1-month follow-up to review my labs (I'd assume that means blood Frown ).
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 33 Icon_minipostedThu Nov 13, 2008 6:48 pm

Quote :
I find a new doctor a few blocks from my house
and they will see me. Unfortunately he's an internist and I think he's
going to want to draw blood...the receptionist told me that I have an
appointment next Wednesday and then I'll get a 1-month follow-up to
review my labs (I'd assume that means blood Frown ).

whistle yep, and probably urinalysis too
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 33 Icon_minipostedFri Nov 14, 2008 2:02 am

GoGetEmTigers wrote:
Quote :
I find a new doctor a few blocks from my house
and they will see me. Unfortunately he's an internist and I think he's
going to want to draw blood...the receptionist told me that I have an
appointment next Wednesday and then I'll get a 1-month follow-up to
review my labs (I'd assume that means blood Frown ).

whistle yep, and probably urinalysis too

Well that's fine...unless they want to get it with a needle. I don't like needles No

I'm scared to get a TB test since the needle is so "big".
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 33 Icon_minipostedFri Nov 14, 2008 10:40 pm

New rant...

I spent the day at the hospital. I was getting ready for breakfast and my sister calls and says she needs me to take her to the hospital. After spending the day there she's no better than she was when we got there. The doctors told her to see a regular doctor and they'd run more tests. She's not going to die so her intense pain doesn't matter. She has a doctor's appointment on 12/15 (that's the soonest they'll see her). The ER doc says he knows what's probably wrong and a simple ultrasound will confirm that diagnosis, but since it isn't life-threatening they won't do it at the ER confused
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 33 Icon_minipostedFri Nov 14, 2008 11:44 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
New rant...

I spent the day at the hospital. I was getting ready for breakfast and my sister calls and says she needs me to take her to the hospital. After spending the day there she's no better than she was when we got there. The doctors told her to see a regular doctor and they'd run more tests. She's not going to die so her intense pain doesn't matter. She has a doctor's appointment on 12/15 (that's the soonest they'll see her). The ER doc says he knows what's probably wrong and a simple ultrasound will confirm that diagnosis, but since it isn't life-threatening they won't do it at the ER confused

UPDATE:
Apparently we're going back to the hospital. She says she feels worse than she felt this morning.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 33 Icon_minipostedSat Nov 15, 2008 6:46 am

UPDATE:

Finally back from the second hospital. This ER doc did a CT. While waiting for the results he did some poking and about 30 seconds later said she almost certainly had appendicitis. The CT confirmed this and she had emergency surgery. She's fine and I'm home ready for bed. Her boyfriend tried to stay the night but they kicked him out.

As far as ranting goes...

How the hell do you not diagnose appendicitis? She complains of severe lower abdominal pain on her right side and they can't figure that out confused
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 33 Icon_minipostedSat Nov 15, 2008 5:50 pm

Idiots in the ER.... same as with my mom being diagnosed with sinus infection when she had a bad heart and needed triple bypass, ONCE HER DOCTOR DID THE EKG, WHICH THE ER DOC REFUSED TO DO!!!!!

Glad to hear they finally found she had appendicitis and took care of it! Golly, even before CT scans they could easily figure that out... I had appendicitis in 1971 and they figured that out!

And yes, appendicitis CAN BE LIFE THREATENING, IF NOT CAUGHT, AND IT RUPTURES AND POISONS YOUR SYSTEM!!!
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 33 Icon_minipostedSat Nov 15, 2008 7:23 pm

GoGetEmTigers wrote:
Idiots in the ER.... same as with my mom being diagnosed with sinus infection when she had a bad heart and needed triple bypass, ONCE HER DOCTOR DID THE EKG, WHICH THE ER DOC REFUSED TO DO!!!!!

Glad to hear they finally found she had appendicitis and took care of it! Golly, even before CT scans they could easily figure that out... I had appendicitis in 1971 and they figured that out!

And yes, appendicitis CAN BE LIFE THREATENING, IF NOT CAUGHT, AND IT RUPTURES AND POISONS YOUR SYSTEM!!!

Where do they get these idiot doctors? I mean I could see misdiagnosing something complicated, but appendicitis? Lower abdominal pain in a young female...check for appendicitis and an ectopic pregnancy. They somehow ruled out appendicitis and didn't do a pregnancy test. Even the psychiatrist my mom dates (they're real doctors don't forget) said he could have diagnosed that easily.

On the bright side, she's had pain on and off for months now so it was probably the precursors to the appendicitis. More good news is they were able to successfully use a lathroscope so they didn't need a big incision. Also good news is we have insurance that covers everything...my research suggests a lathroscopic appendectomy runs in the neighborhood of $22,000....and that doesn't include the 2 days she'll spend in the hospital.
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 33 Icon_minipostedSat Nov 15, 2008 9:54 pm

I am not sure what the problem is with our E-room service today. They miss more and more obvious problems. I think they act more like outpatient doctor offices, instead of critical care e-rooms!

Wow, that is more than my mom's open heart surgery cost. (not including her hospital charges)

When I had appendicitis, I had pain for at least 1 week. My appendix never ruptured. It was also just very inflamed and infected (like your sisters was). After going to the E Room, they kept me overnight, to monitor my white blood cell count, since my family doctor suspected appendicitis. Only bad thing is they did not have Lap surgery back then, so I got the big incision, only good thing is they did the low bikini cut.... but I never liked bikinis! LMAO
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 33 Icon_minipostedSat Nov 15, 2008 10:06 pm

The first ER doc basically said "your problem won't kill you so I'll send you home". I guess their motto is "if you aren't dying I don't give a Censored ". The problem is they're in such a hurry and have so many patients they miss even the most obvious of problems. If her appendix did burst I'm sure he would have caught it then which would make her problem go from very routine surgery to something a lot more complicated.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 33 Icon_minipostedSun Nov 16, 2008 2:04 am

catbox_9 wrote:
UPDATE:

Finally back from the second hospital. This ER doc did a CT. While waiting for the results he did some poking and about 30 seconds later said she almost certainly had appendicitis. The CT confirmed this and she had emergency surgery. She's fine and I'm home ready for bed. Her boyfriend tried to stay the night but they kicked him out.

As far as ranting goes...

How the hell do you not diagnose appendicitis? She complains of severe lower abdominal pain on her right side and they can't figure that out confused

That is why lawyers make so much on medical malpractice suits

I hate Lawyers

But often hospitals and doctors only have themselves to blame

Stupid is as Stupid Does

Glad she is OK Whew
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 33 Icon_minipostedSun Nov 16, 2008 2:07 am

catbox_9 wrote:
GoGetEmTigers wrote:

Where do they get these idiot doctors? I mean I could see misdiagnosing something complicated, but appendicitis? Lower abdominal pain in a young female...check for appendicitis and an ectopic pregnancy. They somehow ruled out appendicitis and didn't do a pregnancy test. Even the psychiatrist my mom dates (they're real doctors don't forget) said he could have diagnosed that easily.

On the bright side, she's had pain on and off for months now so it was probably the precursors to the appendicitis. More good news is they were able to successfully use a lathroscope so they didn't need a big incision. Also good news is we have insurance that covers everything...my research suggests a lathroscopic appendectomy runs in the neighborhood of $22,000....and that doesn't include the 2 days she'll spend in the hospital.

Wonder how much a regular one costs?
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 33 Icon_minipostedSun Nov 16, 2008 2:08 am

And it's those malpractice suits that drive up malpractice insurance that drives up medical costs which makes doctor's time more valuable which means they have less time per patient which means they screw up even the simplest of diagnoses.

We aren't going to try and sue or anything...we just want to let them know they screwed up and get our $50 back - they should have admitted her which would mean we shouldn't have paid anything.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 33 Icon_minipostedSun Nov 16, 2008 2:12 am

catbox_9 wrote:
And it's those malpractice suits that drive up malpractice insurance that drives up medical costs which makes doctor's time more valuable which means they have less time per patient which means they screw up even the simplest of diagnoses.

We aren't going to try and sue or anything...we just want to let them know they screwed up and get our $50 back - they should have admitted her which would mean we shouldn't have paid anything.

Good Luck getting the 50 bucks back
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 33 Icon_minipostedSun Nov 16, 2008 4:06 am

gs78 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:

Good Luck getting the 50 bucks back

I don't think it'll be a problem. Since appendicitis is such an easy diagnosis and they screwed up and it was diagnosed at another hospital so shortly after it's pretty obvious they should have admitted her. My mom's boyfriend (a doctor) said he'll go with her to complain and he knows a lot of the doctors there and this type of complaint is usually resolved.

She doesn't really care about the money though but she should! Even if it was 50 cents I'd be pissed and want it back.
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 33 Icon_minipostedSun Nov 16, 2008 8:04 am

catbox_9 wrote:

To avoid a lawsuit, I am sure they will be happy to refund the money!
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 33 Icon_minipostedSun Nov 16, 2008 10:47 pm

My sister just got home if anyone is concerned.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 33 Icon_minipostedMon Nov 17, 2008 3:12 am

GoGetEmTigers wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:

To avoid a lawsuit, I am sure they will be happy to refund the money!

True

Thank God everything worked out
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 33 Icon_minipostedMon Nov 17, 2008 3:13 am

catbox_9 wrote:

Glad she is back home

thumbs up
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 33 Icon_minipostedMon Nov 17, 2008 3:13 am

Still wondering how much a regular appendectomy costs?
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 33 Icon_minipostedMon Nov 17, 2008 3:34 am

gs78 wrote:
Still wondering how much a regular appendectomy costs?

My research (which didn't involve sources I'd call all that reliable) indicated that the price for an appendectomy is about $11,000 for the standard version and $22,000 for the lathroscopic version. Don't forget hospital stays - my sister was in there for 2.5 days. Either surgery takes about an hour.

Our cost: $0.00 (plus the $50 from the other hospital).
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 33 Icon_minipostedMon Nov 17, 2008 3:35 am

gs78 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:

Glad she is back home

thumbs up

I was there with her boyfriend from 10AM until she was released (6PM) today. She looked terrible when I got there, but they took her off morphine and put her on some anti-nausea IV drugs at about noon. She slept most of the rest of the day while I watched football and was well enough to eat solid foods at dinner so they sent her home. She says she's still pretty sore but not sick. She was still tired and went to bed right after she got home.
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female
Number of posts : 14194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio........:)
Registration date : 2007-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 33 Icon_minipostedMon Nov 17, 2008 4:51 am

*whew* glad this "adventure" turned out okay.
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 33 Icon_minipostedMon Nov 17, 2008 9:12 am

catbox_9 wrote:
gs78 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:

Glad she is back home

thumbs up

I was there with her boyfriend from 10AM until she was released (6PM) today. She looked terrible when I got there, but they took her off morphine and put her on some anti-nausea IV drugs at about noon. She slept most of the rest of the day while I watched football and was well enough to eat solid foods at dinner so they sent her home. She says she's still pretty sore but not sick. She was still tired and went to bed right after she got home.

Glad she is home. I am sure she will feel better very soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 33 Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Rants go here
Page 33 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: Off Topic :: WHATEVER!-
Jump to: