DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Placido Polanco HEALTH REPORTS

Go down 
+7
swiss_tiger
gdennis59
SoulRat
Trinita
laprimamirala
gs78
GoGetEmTigers
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SoulRat
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
SoulRat

Female
Number of posts : 9935
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I like fish at the moment....
Registration date : 2007-10-04

Placido Polanco HEALTH REPORTS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Placido Polanco HEALTH REPORTS   Placido Polanco HEALTH REPORTS - Page 2 Icon_minipostedMon Apr 21, 2008 8:51 pm

Vicodin makes me very very happy Nod
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646
Registration date : 2007-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Placido Polanco HEALTH REPORTS   Placido Polanco HEALTH REPORTS - Page 2 Icon_minipostedMon Apr 21, 2008 10:42 pm

Polanco could be back in Tiges' lineup Tuesday
by Danny Knobler
Monday April 21, 2008, 4:14 PM

TORONTO -- Jim Leyland said after today's game that Placido Polanco could be back in the Tigers' lineup as soon as Tuesday night.

"If he's all right, I'll play him,'' Leyland said.

The MRI exam on Polanco's back showed no major damage, and doctors in Detroit gave him medication to deal with the pain and stiffness.

"They said it's going to work right away, and he's going to feel real good,'' Leyland said.

Leyland also said that Joel Zumaya will throw off a bullpen mound in Lakeland, Fla., this week, which would put Zumaya about a week ahead of schedule in his recovery from shoulder surgery.
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: Placido Polanco HEALTH REPORTS   Placido Polanco HEALTH REPORTS - Page 2 Icon_minipostedMon Apr 21, 2008 10:43 pm

Good news!
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female
Number of posts : 14194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio........:)
Registration date : 2007-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Placido Polanco HEALTH REPORTS   Placido Polanco HEALTH REPORTS - Page 2 Icon_minipostedMon Apr 21, 2008 10:59 pm

YAY! :placido:
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male
Number of posts : 8973
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : All of 'em, except the BAD ones!!
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Placido Polanco HEALTH REPORTS   Placido Polanco HEALTH REPORTS - Page 2 Icon_minipostedMon Apr 21, 2008 11:07 pm

Let's hope his BAT is healed up!!
Back to top Go down
Ohios#1TigerFan
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
Ohios#1TigerFan

Male
Number of posts : 1473
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Placido, Thames, Miggy, B.Inge

PostSubject: Re: Placido Polanco HEALTH REPORTS   Placido Polanco HEALTH REPORTS - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Apr 22, 2008 4:02 am

I concurre with GoGetEm...I've had 2 back surgeries for bulging discs...NOT fun! It's ok if you have a percutaneous discectomy (minimally invasive).....but either way, you're still never 100%.

I hope Polly is going to be ok....just because they say they gave him meds doesn't mean he's out of the woods. I just pray he's ok. We need the same Polly playing that we had last year! Not to mention....surgery could mean the end of his career!

Get Well Soon Placido! I'm pulling for ya buddy!
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Placido Polanco HEALTH REPORTS   Placido Polanco HEALTH REPORTS - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Apr 22, 2008 4:02 am

Surgery puke grouch
Get well soon, Placido!!! clap pray
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male
Number of posts : 8973
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : All of 'em, except the BAD ones!!
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Placido Polanco HEALTH REPORTS   Placido Polanco HEALTH REPORTS - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Apr 22, 2008 2:40 pm

Surgery is better than SOME things that can happen.....
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Placido Polanco HEALTH REPORTS   Placido Polanco HEALTH REPORTS - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Apr 22, 2008 2:57 pm

true!
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: Placido Polanco HEALTH REPORTS   Placido Polanco HEALTH REPORTS - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Apr 22, 2008 2:57 pm

tigersaint wrote:
Surgery is better than SOME things that can happen.....

You got that right Saint.
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: Placido Polanco HEALTH REPORTS   Placido Polanco HEALTH REPORTS - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat May 03, 2008 11:28 pm

05/03/2008 8:30 PM ET
Pain-free Polanco providing impact
Recovered from inflamed nerve, second baseman on tear
By Jason Beck / MLB.com

MINNEAPOLIS -- For the first time since Spring Training, Placido Polanco is playing without pain. For the first time this season, his numbers are reflecting it.

Detroit's second baseman and second hitter missed five games with an inflamed nerve in his back that affected him whenever he moved, whether at the plate or in the field. Since returning to action a week and a half ago, he's batting 13-for-34 through Friday with four doubles, two home runs, nine runs scored and five RBIs. That includes a 9-for-19 tear over a four-game hitting streak.

When the Tigers began the current week-long road trip to New York and Minnesota, manager Jim Leyland said he would play Polanco's situation by ear and check with him if he needed a day off this weekend. Saturday marked his ninth consecutive start since returning, and Leyland wasn't sure whether he'd need to rest Polanco on Sunday.

It's not a matter of fighting through the last of the inflammation. Polanco said Friday he felt completely fine.

"It's good," Polanco said. "It's the best that I've felt in a while, including Spring Training."

The understanding that Polanco reached with Leyland when he returned to action was that he would tell Leyland whenever he needed a day off. That put the onus on Polanco to be honest with how he was feeling. He tried to play through the back problems when the season began until the nerve was so inflamed that it left his left leg numb one night during the Tigers' series at Toronto.

Polanco explained the discomfort was much more manageable when it bothered him in the spring.

"We played for a month, and I had this since Spring Training," Polanco said. "It's just that the weather was helping me out [in Florida], and I didn't play the whole game, just the first five innings. I'd run every day."

At this point, there isn't much to manage. The inflammation is gone, and doctors told Polanco that once it was, there's no reason it should resurface.

The lack of inflammation affects everything Polanco does.

"Without a doubt," Polanco said. "The way I'm moving, right, left, running, mood-wise, everything [is better]."

Jason Beck is a reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Placido Polanco HEALTH REPORTS   Placido Polanco HEALTH REPORTS - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSun May 04, 2008 12:55 pm

back from the land of Slump-dom!
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Placido Polanco HEALTH REPORTS   Placido Polanco HEALTH REPORTS - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSun May 04, 2008 12:56 pm

but it was legit. Back pain SUX
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Placido Polanco HEALTH REPORTS   Placido Polanco HEALTH REPORTS - Page 2 Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Placido Polanco HEALTH REPORTS
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2