DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Chicago and Detroit

Go down 
+5
swiss_tiger
iluvpudge7
laprimamirala
catbox_9
TG
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female
Number of posts : 14194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio........:)
Registration date : 2007-10-29

Chicago and Detroit - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chicago and Detroit   Chicago and Detroit - Page 4 Icon_minipostedThu Apr 10, 2008 9:30 pm

love FLW!!!
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)
Registration date : 2007-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Chicago and Detroit   Chicago and Detroit - Page 4 Icon_minipostedFri Apr 11, 2008 12:42 am

laprimamirala wrote:
love FLW!!!

YOU TOO?? I love, and have studied his architecture for years!

For a listing of his works, see info near bottom of:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Lloyd_Wright
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Chicago and Detroit   Chicago and Detroit - Page 4 Icon_minipostedFri Apr 11, 2008 7:18 am

http://www.geocities.com/soho/1469/flw.html
has a list of all FLW buildings by state.

Wish we would've had more time in Lakeland...
"There at least 9 Frank Lloyd Wright buildings in Florida (depending on how you count the Florida Southern College buildings), all of which are indexed in this page. Mr. Wright's work in Florida consists of several buildings designed for one college, and one house separate from this project. An excellent book that describes these (and other Wright buildings) in detail is the Frank Lloyd Wright Companion by William Allin Storrer. The image shown above and to the left is of the Anne Merner Pfieffer Chapel from the FLLW Page at Florida Southern College.
. If you click on the link for the Florida Southern College site, you will see information on most of the buildings indexed in this page. Lakeland, Florida, lies on the "Orlando Wall" tourist area, midway between Tampa and Orlando. This makes this major Wright site a tourist attraction easily accessible for tourists going to Walt Disney World, Busch Gardens, and the other attractions in this area of Florida."
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: Chicago and Detroit   Chicago and Detroit - Page 4 Icon_minipostedFri Apr 11, 2008 11:34 am

Years ago, Microsoft came out with a FLW program with data on all his buildings, complete with extensive pictures. I love it because you can use the pics as desktop wallpaper and screensavers.
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Chicago and Detroit   Chicago and Detroit - Page 4 Icon_minipostedFri Apr 11, 2008 11:43 am

we tried to decorate our living room with FLW and Prairie style...I probably failed miserably...hard to do with pets!
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female
Number of posts : 8073
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I don't even know anymore.

PostSubject: Re: Chicago and Detroit   Chicago and Detroit - Page 4 Icon_minipostedMon Apr 14, 2008 10:48 pm

Okay, so when I'm in chicago I am seeing the play "Les Miserables"... I have never heard of it. Has anyone? If you have could you tell me what it is about please??? Big Smile
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Chicago and Detroit   Chicago and Detroit - Page 4 Icon_minipostedMon Apr 14, 2008 10:50 pm

wiki:
Les Misérables (translated variously from French as The Miserable Ones, The Wretched, The Poor Ones, The Wretched Poor, The Victims) (1862) is a novel by French author Victor Hugo, and among the best-known novels of the 19th century. It follows the lives and interactions of several French characters over a twenty year period in the early 19th century that includes the Napoleonic wars and subsequent decades. Principally focusing on the struggles of the protagonist—ex-convict Jean Valjean—who seeks to redeem himself, the novel also examines the impact of Valjean's actions for the sake of social commentary. It examines the nature of good, evil, and the law, in a sweeping story that expounds upon the history of France, architecture of Paris, politics, moral philosophy, law, justice, religion, and the types and nature of romantic and familial love. Hugo was inspired by the real-life criminal/policeman François Eugène Vidocq, and split his personalities into the two main characters in his novel. Les Misérables is known to many through its numerous stage and screen adaptations, of which the most famous is the stage musical of the same name, commonly known as "Les Mis" or, more commonly "Les Miz" (pronounced /le miz/).
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Chicago and Detroit   Chicago and Detroit - Page 4 Icon_minipostedMon Apr 14, 2008 10:55 pm

Thanks Lap!
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Chicago and Detroit   Chicago and Detroit - Page 4 Icon_minipostedMon Apr 14, 2008 11:00 pm

if it's the musical, you'll be fine...there are nice tunes. If it's the play, it might get a little long...
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Chicago and Detroit   Chicago and Detroit - Page 4 Icon_minipostedMon Apr 14, 2008 11:06 pm

I don't know... hmm... I saw Phantom of the Opera in Chicago with school last year... that was awesome.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Chicago and Detroit   Chicago and Detroit - Page 4 Icon_minipostedMon Apr 14, 2008 11:06 pm

I don't know... hmm... I saw Phantom of the Opera in Chicago with school last year... that was awesome.
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646

PostSubject: Re: Chicago and Detroit   Chicago and Detroit - Page 4 Icon_minipostedTue Apr 15, 2008 12:48 pm

When I went to Chicago in 8th grade I had to see a play. I can't even remember the name of it; all I remember is that it had the song "Swonderful" in there because they sang it about 5,000 times. I only saw one other play, The Lion King, when I went to Toronto. It was...better.
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Chicago and Detroit   Chicago and Detroit - Page 4 Icon_minipostedTue Apr 15, 2008 1:14 pm

I saw Annie in Chicago...before either of you were born! Big Smile
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Chicago and Detroit   Chicago and Detroit - Page 4 Icon_minipostedSat Apr 26, 2008 12:55 am

I just got home about ten minutes ago. Wow, That was amazing. The buildings are sooo beautiful, and there are people everywhere. It was really cool.

the only not cool part - I had tickets for Wednesday and Thursday's games. And I was in chicago.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chicago and Detroit   Chicago and Detroit - Page 4 Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Chicago and Detroit
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4