DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Roman Holiday (1953)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Roman Holiday (1953) Empty
PostSubject: Roman Holiday (1953)   Roman Holiday (1953) Icon_minipostedMon Mar 24, 2008 12:43 am

Tonight's movie is Roman Holiday. Last night featured the brilliant acting of Katharine Hepburn. Tonight features Audrey Hepburn (who is not related to Katharine) and Gregory Peck. I think this is a love story so it might be awful. Stay tuned.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Roman Holiday (1953) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roman Holiday (1953)   Roman Holiday (1953) Icon_minipostedMon Mar 24, 2008 3:00 am

Well then...that was nothing great. Hepburn won an Academy Award for best actress for this movie but I don't see why. Her acting was great and all but so what? There doesn't seem to be any real significance to this film. I suppose there's something in the fact that the princess doesn't like her life but that doesn't have much application to society as a whole. I don't know what else came out in 1953 off hand but I find it hard to believe that nobody did just as well in a better film. This film garnered 10 Academy Award nominations but I just don't see it.

Gregory Peck also did a pretty good job. I saw To Kill A Mockingbird once but didn't pay much attention. From what I remember Peck was far better in that film and the film was far better.

This seemed like your average love story I guess. It got decent in the second half but was never all that great. I was expecting to see something else happen at the end but the ending was fine. This film was watchable but I wouldn't watch it again unless I was a huge Audrey Hepburn fan. From what I've seen of her (just this film) I would rank her far below Katharine Hepburn (who I've also seen just once) but perhaps I need to see more - she has to be ranked 3rd by the AFI for a reason.

69/100
D+

UP NEXT: Let's try Audrey Hepburn in another romantic film this time paired with Humphrey Bogart who has been spectacular in the two films I've seen - Sabrina
Back to top Go down

Roman Holiday (1953)
Page 1 of 1