DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

American Idol S07

Go down 
+10
Casey21
iluvpudge7
TG
gs78
SoulRat
laprimamirala
GoGetEmTigers
catbox_9
bobrob2004
swiss_tiger
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Number of posts : 7415
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

American Idol S07 - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Idol S07   American Idol S07 - Page 8 Icon_minipostedFri May 16, 2008 11:23 am

I would buy just about any album David Cook comes out with, and maybe a few of Archuletta's
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/baseballer41001
swiss_tiger
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
swiss_tiger

Male
Number of posts : 1760
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Inge, Inge, Inge and hhmmm Inge. ;-)
Registration date : 2007-10-05

PostSubject: Re: American Idol S07   American Idol S07 - Page 8 Icon_minipostedFri May 16, 2008 12:47 pm

Casey21 wrote:
Yes. I believe he is working on one right now - it might even be close to being released - I'm not sure. I loved his first album. Hopefully he stays true to himself and doesn't change things too much.
Awesome! clap clap
Can't wait in that case!
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female
Number of posts : 8073
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I don't even know anymore.

PostSubject: Re: American Idol S07   American Idol S07 - Page 8 Icon_minipostedFri May 16, 2008 4:50 pm

Casey21 wrote:
TigersGirl wrote:
I really really really hope David Cook wins, but hey, if he doesn't... look at where Chris Daughtry is, and he came in second....

And part of the reason David A is still there is cause for some reason a bunch of teenage girls vote for him...

Chris Daughtry came in fourth!!!! Even so, Chris has an amazing career going for himself. Can't wait for the new album to come out.

oops ashamed Really? lol. Okay, sorry for the mistake.
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646

PostSubject: Re: American Idol S07   American Idol S07 - Page 8 Icon_minipostedFri May 16, 2008 8:00 pm

TigersGirl wrote:
Casey21 wrote:
TigersGirl wrote:
I really really really hope David Cook wins, but hey, if he doesn't... look at where Chris Daughtry is, and he came in second....

And part of the reason David A is still there is cause for some reason a bunch of teenage girls vote for him...

Chris Daughtry came in fourth!!!! Even so, Chris has an amazing career going for himself. Can't wait for the new album to come out.

And you call yourself a "fan!"
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander

PostSubject: Re: American Idol S07   American Idol S07 - Page 8 Icon_minipostedFri May 16, 2008 8:03 pm

Speaking of this, do these winners ever do anything?

The first one (Kelly Clarkson) had some CDs come out and some high-charting hits, but what about the others? That Ruben guy from season 2 never did anything. Did anyone else?
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: American Idol S07   American Idol S07 - Page 8 Icon_minipostedFri May 16, 2008 8:09 pm

Kelly Clarkson is a hottie as well!

But you are right Catbox!

Most of the winning contestants you never hear from again.

FOX should cancel this show!

Air reruns of the Simpsons and Family Guy until they find a replacement!

And send that Simon guy back to Jolly Old England where his pompous belongs
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

bobrob2004

Male

PostSubject: Re: American Idol S07   American Idol S07 - Page 8 Icon_minipostedFri May 16, 2008 8:15 pm

That other girl is pretty famous too. Kerry Underwear or something like that.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: American Idol S07   American Idol S07 - Page 8 Icon_minipostedFri May 16, 2008 11:17 pm

Kerry Underwear?
Back to top Go down
iluvpudge7
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
iluvpudge7

Female
Number of posts : 2194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Not sure yet...

PostSubject: Re: American Idol S07   American Idol S07 - Page 8 Icon_minipostedSat May 17, 2008 12:54 am

bobrob2004 wrote:
That other girl is pretty famous too. Kerry Underwear or something like that.

LMAO
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: American Idol S07   American Idol S07 - Page 8 Icon_minipostedSat May 17, 2008 2:22 am

Carry Underwood is doing very well. You can read about her at:
http://www.sortmusic.com/_c/carrie-underwood-news,len.html
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: American Idol S07   American Idol S07 - Page 8 Icon_minipostedSat May 17, 2008 2:28 am

Kelly Brianne Clarkson (born April 24, 1982) is an American pop rock singer, songwriter, and occasional actress. Clarkson made her debut under RCA Records after she won the highly publicized first season of the television series American Idol in 2002.

She was originally marketed as a pop musician with her debut album Thankful (2003). With the release of her multi-platinum second album Breakaway (2004), Clarkson moved to a more pop rock-oriented style of music.

Clarkson's third album, entitled My December, was released on June 26, 2007. It went Platinum in many countries, including the U.S., Canada, U.K. and Australia. Clarkson has sold over 25 million albums worldwide. Her fourth album is expected in the fall of 2008. Clarkson's tour with Reba McEntire ranks as the 13th most successful tour in the U.S. of 2008. The tour has grossed an entire $6,750,000 from the first fifteen shows and is expected to gross $18,000,000 by the end of the year. The dates for the Second Leg of the 2 Worlds, 2 Voices Tour 2008 Tour have now been named on the Kelly Clarkson FanClub Site starting September 25 - November 22.
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: American Idol S07   American Idol S07 - Page 8 Icon_minipostedSat May 17, 2008 2:44 am

Season 2

This time, Ruben Studdard emerged as the winner with Clay Aiken as runner-up. Out of 24 million votes recorded, Studdard finished 130,000 votes ahead of Aiken. There was discussion in the communication industry about the phone system being overloaded, and that more than 150 million votes were dropped, making the voting suspect.[5] Since then, the voting methods have been modified to avoid this problem.

Studdard released his first single, a cover of Westlife's "Flying Without Wings" (which he had sung on the show's finale), produced by the Underdogs and Face, a month later in June 2003. Fueled largely by sales, it debuted at #2 on the Billboard Hot 100.In December 2003, advance orders for his album Soulful topped the 1 million mark before it was released into stores. The album debuted at number one on the Billboard 200 album chart that month, selling over 400,000 copies in its first week and attaining the highest first-week sales of any American Idol winner. The single "Sorry 2004" from this album found substantial airplay, reaching #9 in the Billboard Hot 100 and #2 on the Billboard R&B singles chart. Studdard received a Grammy Award nomination in December 2003 for Best Male R&B Vocal Performance for "Superstar", nominated with his idol Luther Vandross (Vandross won that category). In March 2004, Ruben won the NAACP Outstanding New Artist award.

Studdard released the gospel album I Need an Angel on November 23, 2004. The title track and first single "I Need an Angel" was a cover of a 2002 single performed by R&B singer Daniel DeBourg and written by R. Kelly. The album sold over 96,000 copies in its first week, it also entered the Gospel charts at #1, opened at #20 on the Billboard 200 chart, it since has sold over 500,000 copies. It was also #1 on the 2005 Billboard Year-End Gospel Albums Chart. As of June 2007, Studdard is the fifth-best selling American Idol performer with more than 2.4 million albums sold in the U.S.

Studdard has worked as an actor in several, mostly minor, roles, including single-episode appearances on the television series 8 Simple Rules, Life on a Stick, All of Us, and Eve, as well as a cameo appearance in the film Scooby Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed. He has also appeared on a television commercial for a Birmingham-area Kia dealer.

Between his second and third albums, Studdard began a diet and fitness program to deal with his weight, out of concern for a family history of diabetes and hypertension. Studdard lost over 70 pounds on a vegetarian diet.

Studdard's third album, The Return was released in October 2006; it goes back to his R&B roots, but is different from his previous efforts. Studdard is collaborating with the artist Ne-Yo on this album, along with a variety of producers. The single "Change Me" was released ahead of the album. The Return sold 71,000 copies in its first week to open at #8 on the Billboard 200 album chart, but sales declined rapidly after that, not approaching those of his earlier albums. However, Studdard did have good success on the Urban Contemporary chart with "Change Me" (which reached #1) and its successor "Make Ya Feel Beautiful". Studdard continued to tour saying he would play a variety of music: "Coming out to my show is like coming to my house. I'll play the songs I love. It's like a party. For me, a party has all different types of music happening."

--------------------------------------------------------

Aiken has become the most successful male and the most successful runner-up in that show's history.

In the four years following his American Idol appearance Aiken has launched eight tours, authored a New York Times best-selling book Learning to Sing: Hearing the Music in Your Life with Allison Glock, and was the executive producer for a 2004 televised Christmas special, A Clay Aiken Christmas. He has been a frequent talk show guest, particularly on The Tonight Show and Jimmy Kimmel Live, appeared as a guest star on Scrubs, participated in comedy skits on Kimmel and Saturday Night Live, and made his Broadway debut playing the role of Sir Robin in Monty Python's Spamalot in January 2008.

On October 14, 2003, Aiken released his first solo album, Measure of a Man, which debuted at #1 on the Billboard 200 and was, with 613,000 copies sold in its first week, the highest-selling debut for a solo artist in 10 years, and to date the highest debut of any Idol. The album received RIAA Double Platinum certification November 17, 2003 (a Double Platinum plaque was presented to Aiken by Clive Davis on October 22, 2003, during Good Morning America). The album spawned both the hit single "Invisible" and his first hit song, "This Is the Night" (both co-written by British songwriter Chris Braide). Later that year, Aiken won the Fan's Choice Award at the American Music Awards ceremony, and his CD single "This Is the Night/Bridge Over Troubled Water" won the Billboard award for the Best-Selling Single of 2003.

On November 16, 2004, Aiken released a holiday album titled Merry Christmas With Love, which set a new record for fastest-selling holiday album in the Soundscan era (since 1991). The album debuted at #4 on the Billboard 200 and tied Céline Dion's record for the highest debut by a holiday album in the history of Billboard magazine. Merry Christmas With Love sold over 1,000,000 copies retail in 6 weeks and was the best-selling holiday album of 2004, receiving RIAA Platinum certification on Jan. 6, 2005.

Aiken's third album, A Thousand Different Ways, was released September 19, 2006. He worked on the album under the guidance of Canadian producer and A&R executive Jaymes Foster. The album contains ten cover songs, and four new songs, one of which Aiken co-wrote. Clive Davis is credited with the cover concept. One additional song, "Lover All Alone", written by Aiken and David Foster, is included with the album on iTunes. Debuting at #2 on the Billboard chart, A Thousand Different Ways made Aiken the fourth artist ever to have his first three albums debut in the Top 5 and scan over 200,000 in the first week.

You can read more on him at:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clay_Aiken
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: American Idol S07   American Idol S07 - Page 8 Icon_minipostedSat May 17, 2008 2:47 am

You can see where all the winners and runner-up contestants went at:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Idol
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: American Idol S07   American Idol S07 - Page 8 Icon_minipostedSat May 17, 2008 3:04 am

Taylor Hicks has done well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taylor_Hicks
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: American Idol S07   American Idol S07 - Page 8 Icon_minipostedSat May 17, 2008 10:17 am

bobrob2004 wrote:
TigersGirl wrote:
Casey21 wrote:
TigersGirl wrote:

And you call yourself a "fan!"

No I don't call myself an american idol fan, I call myself a Chris Daughtry fan... I just don't pay attention to wear people finish on american idol... as long as they do well after, who cares?
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: American Idol S07   American Idol S07 - Page 8 Icon_minipostedSun May 18, 2008 12:43 am

American Idol Sucks! Sorry
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: American Idol S07   American Idol S07 - Page 8 Icon_minipostedSun May 18, 2008 9:32 am

gs78 wrote:
American Idol Sucks! Sorry
nooo, family guy sucks.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: American Idol S07   American Idol S07 - Page 8 Icon_minipostedSun May 18, 2008 12:49 pm

FAMILY GUY RULES!
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore

PostSubject: Re: American Idol S07   American Idol S07 - Page 8 Icon_minipostedMon May 19, 2008 11:20 am

catbox_9 wrote:

The first one (Kelly Clarkson) had some CDs come out and some high-charting hits, but what about the others? That Ruben guy from season 2 never did anything. Did anyone else?

I have a couple of Ruben's songs on my MP3. Celebrate Me Home and Change Me, are both really good. You just dont hear much about them because you dont listen to the genre of music they sing.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: American Idol S07   American Idol S07 - Page 8 Icon_minipostedMon May 19, 2008 5:01 pm

FAMILY GUY RULES!

I rather listen to Peter Griffin sing about the FCC and his Drunken Irish Dad or Brian and Stewie singing the "Road to Rhode Island" or them singing [ with Frank Sinatra JR] " When We Swing" than any music from American Idol!

Much more entertaining!

I wish they would stop deleting the Family Guy Videos on YOU TUBE; I could post them on this board!
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: American Idol S07   American Idol S07 - Page 8 Icon_minipostedMon May 19, 2008 5:56 pm

catbox_9 wrote:

Carrie Underwood is doing really well too. Some of my friends are in love with her....
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: American Idol S07   American Idol S07 - Page 8 Icon_minipostedTue May 20, 2008 9:40 pm

Damn, David A. is doing awesome.... I want david cook to do good!
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male

PostSubject: Re: American Idol S07   American Idol S07 - Page 8 Icon_minipostedWed May 21, 2008 11:31 am

Based on what I saw last night, David A. will be winning, But I loved David Cook's second song.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: American Idol S07   American Idol S07 - Page 8 Icon_minipostedWed May 21, 2008 6:14 pm

Judge's didn't really like David Cook... But I love him... haha
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: American Idol S07   American Idol S07 - Page 8 Icon_minipostedWed May 21, 2008 11:06 pm

TigersGirl wrote:
Judge's didn't really like David Cook... But I love him... haha

AND DAVID COOK..... WINSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart
Back to top Go down
Casey21
Lakeland Flying Tiger
Lakeland Flying Tiger
Casey21

Female
Number of posts : 503
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Sean Casey . . . oh dang he's a Red Sox now!
Registration date : 2007-10-14

PostSubject: Re: American Idol S07   American Idol S07 - Page 8 Icon_minipostedWed May 21, 2008 11:36 pm

I am happy for David Cook!!!! He's gonna have a fantastic recording career. It was so sweet to see him get all emotional when he won.
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

bobrob2004

Male

PostSubject: Re: American Idol S07   American Idol S07 - Page 8 Icon_minipostedThu May 22, 2008 12:58 am

Rigged...
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: American Idol S07   American Idol S07 - Page 8 Icon_minipostedThu May 22, 2008 2:19 am

It sure is Bobrob!

As phony as WWE wrestling!

But at least WWE has the Divas wrestle each other!

WOOOOHOOOOO!
Back to top Go down
iluvpudge7
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
iluvpudge7

Female
Number of posts : 2194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Not sure yet...

PostSubject: Re: American Idol S07   American Idol S07 - Page 8 Icon_minipostedThu May 22, 2008 3:49 am

Casey21 wrote:
I am happy for David Cook!!!! He's gonna have a fantastic recording career. It was so sweet to see him get all emotional when he won.

Yes, he will have a great career, I can't wait for him to release a song. Yeah, it was really sweet to see him get emotional, that just makes him even more attractive!!! The last couple weeks he's been looking really good!!! whistle
YAY DAVID COOK!!!! applaud clap Metal
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: American Idol S07   American Idol S07 - Page 8 Icon_minipostedThu May 22, 2008 7:59 am

IT IS NOT RIGGED!!!! Plus, doesn't matter what happens on the show what matters is if you continue your career in music and succeed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: American Idol S07   American Idol S07 - Page 8 Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

American Idol S07
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next