DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Tigers stop selling full-season ticket packages

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
GoGetEmTigers
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Tigers stop selling full-season ticket packages Empty
PostSubject: Tigers stop selling full-season ticket packages   Tigers stop selling full-season ticket packages Icon_minipostedMon Jan 28, 2008 8:45 pm

January 28, 2008

By JON PAUL MOROSI

FREE PRESS SPORTS WRITER

The Tigers have temporarily halted the sale of full-season ticket plans, in the latest sign of soaring demand ahead of the team’s highly anticipated 2008 season.

Bob Raymond, the team’s vice president for marketing and ticket sales, said via e-mail Monday morning that the team stopped selling 81-game packages on Friday. The club has sold just over 4,000 new full season plans, Raymond said.

There are still “plenty” of 41- and 27-game packages available, Raymond said.

Raymond said the decision was linked to the limited number of tickets available for Opening Day and possible postseason games, which are guaranteed in the 81-game plans.

“We talked about it a lot,” Detroit club president/general manager Dave Dombrowski said. “We greatly appreciate the fan support. This is a good news-bad news situation for us: There’s that much interest that you’ve got to halt the sales a little bit.”

The Tigers could resume sales if enough 81-game season ticket holders decide not to renew before the mid-February deadline. Raymond said that a waiting list has been established for that purpose.

In the event of a 100% renewal, the Tigers would sell more than 25,600 full-season equivalents for the 41,001-seat Comerica Park. Other teams have capped season ticket sales in times of high demand, generally between 60% and 70% of capacity.

“We have to find out how many people actually renew,” Dombrowski said. “We’re constantly reassessing.”
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Tigers close sales on full season tickets; partials avail   Tigers stop selling full-season ticket packages Icon_minipostedMon Jan 28, 2008 9:21 pm

Monday, January 28, 2008
Tigers close sales on full season tickets; partials available
Lynn Henning / The Detroit News

The serious stampede is expected to begin March 1, when Tigers single-game tickets go on sale for the 2008 season.

In the interim, a Comerica Park season-ticket crush has broken all previous records spanning 106 years of big-league baseball in Detroit.

The Tigers said Monday they have only 41- and 27-game season-ticket packages remaining for 2008. Opening Day is not included in the partial ticket plans still available.

Although capacity at Comerica Park is 41,070, season tickets (full and partial packages that amount to full occupancy of a particular seat) must be cut off at a point just past 25,000, a number the Tigers are expecting to reach. The need to reserve 15,000 seats each game for purchase by groups that have traditionally been loyal customers (clubs, schools, church-related organizations, etc.) is a key reason for the set-aside tickets.

The deadline for season-ticket renewals by 2007 customers is Feb. 18. Rob Matwick, Tigers vice president for communications, said Monday that any non-renewals, if they eventuate, would be offered to people who have already expressed a desire for 81-game packages.

The Tigers last year sold full and partial season-ticket packages totaling 19,030 seats. According to Bob Raymond, vice president for marketing and ticket sales, there have been 6,600 new full-season equivalencies sold, pushing the number past 25,000 if the renewals are re-issued, as one way or another, the Tigers expect.

Of that 6,600 number, more than 4,000 of the new season packages are full 81-game orders. The remaining 2,600 are combinations of partial season tickets that equate to fully occupied seats for the entire home schedule.

In addition to Opening Day being unavailable in the 27- and 41-game packages remaining, Matwick said Monday that there likewise can be no guarantee of reservations for postseason games, should the Tigers reach the 2008 playoffs.

"It just didn't seem right to sell full-season tickets and not be able to offer Opening Day or the playoffs," Matwick said, explaining why the Tigers would, for example, not offer 80-game packages, minus Opening Day. "It's a good situation to be in, but we need to be careful about selling and at the same time not disappointing anyone."

Prime, lower-deck seating should be available for some early-season games when single-game sales begin March 1, Matwick said. It is likely, however, that choice seats for most series later in the year will be scarce as the Tigers approach the possibility of a season sellout at Comerica Park. The team set an all-time attendance record last year with 3,047,124 tickets sold. It was the first time in club history the team drew 3 million or more fans.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Tigers stop selling full-season ticket packages   Tigers stop selling full-season ticket packages Icon_minipostedTue Jan 29, 2008 7:25 pm

Sell out the Park
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: Tigers stop selling full-season ticket packages   Tigers stop selling full-season ticket packages Icon_minipostedWed Jan 30, 2008 12:35 am

Pack the COPA
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tigers stop selling full-season ticket packages   Tigers stop selling full-season ticket packages Icon_minipostedWed Jan 30, 2008 12:35 am

Toughest Ticket in town
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tigers stop selling full-season ticket packages   Tigers stop selling full-season ticket packages Icon_minipostedWed Jan 30, 2008 12:39 am

Nothing energizes players like a packed stadium of happy fans! We should see some electric play this year!

Go get em Tigers, show em what a hungry team can do!!!

go team YAY! Nod Love 2 thumbs up
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tigers stop selling full-season ticket packages   Tigers stop selling full-season ticket packages Icon_minipostedWed Jan 30, 2008 12:41 am

YEAH!
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tigers stop selling full-season ticket packages   Tigers stop selling full-season ticket packages Icon_minipostedWed Jan 30, 2008 12:44 am

high 5
Back to top Go down
VegasTigersFan
West Michigan Whitecap
West Michigan Whitecap
VegasTigersFan

Male
Number of posts : 375
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Polanco & Verlander, Guillen, Mags, Miggy
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Tigers stop selling full-season ticket packages   Tigers stop selling full-season ticket packages Icon_minipostedWed Jan 30, 2008 11:31 am

They say there is a chance of selling out the entire season...That would be so cool!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female
Number of posts : 14194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio........:)
Registration date : 2007-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Tigers stop selling full-season ticket packages   Tigers stop selling full-season ticket packages Icon_minipostedWed Jan 30, 2008 12:51 pm

holy crap...can some poor Minnie Mouse like me at least see ONE game this season in person?
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male
Number of posts : 8973
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : All of 'em, except the BAD ones!!

PostSubject: Re: Tigers stop selling full-season ticket packages   Tigers stop selling full-season ticket packages Icon_minipostedWed Jan 30, 2008 2:04 pm

Me too. I'm coming north in July and want 2 tix to just one stinnkin game!!

Anyone??
Back to top Go down
VegasTigersFan
West Michigan Whitecap
West Michigan Whitecap
VegasTigersFan

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tigers stop selling full-season ticket packages   Tigers stop selling full-season ticket packages Icon_minipostedWed Jan 30, 2008 2:22 pm

I just want one seat to all the playoff games....
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tigers stop selling full-season ticket packages   Tigers stop selling full-season ticket packages Icon_minipostedWed Jan 30, 2008 2:28 pm

Well then, I want World Series tickets!!
Back to top Go down
VegasTigersFan
West Michigan Whitecap
West Michigan Whitecap
VegasTigersFan

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tigers stop selling full-season ticket packages   Tigers stop selling full-season ticket packages Icon_minipostedWed Jan 30, 2008 2:30 pm

OK...you go to the ws. I was bad luck in 06. My trip to St. Louis made me a very bitter man for quite awhile.
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tigers stop selling full-season ticket packages   Tigers stop selling full-season ticket packages Icon_minipostedWed Jan 30, 2008 2:30 pm

I knew it!! So its all on YOU.....lol
Back to top Go down
VegasTigersFan
West Michigan Whitecap
West Michigan Whitecap
VegasTigersFan

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tigers stop selling full-season ticket packages   Tigers stop selling full-season ticket packages Icon_minipostedWed Jan 30, 2008 2:33 pm

My dad is a damn cardinal fan so I took him with me to the ws. At least he enjoyed it. So yes it was my fault, but I was also at all the home games in the ALDS and ALCS so I guess I wasn't all bad!!
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tigers stop selling full-season ticket packages   Tigers stop selling full-season ticket packages Icon_minipostedWed Jan 30, 2008 2:39 pm

My goal was to go to one home game per month....um, might have to change my sights.
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tigers stop selling full-season ticket packages   Tigers stop selling full-season ticket packages Icon_minipostedWed Jan 30, 2008 2:49 pm

VegasTigersFan wrote:
My dad is a damn cardinal fan so I took him with me to the ws. At least he enjoyed it. So yes it was my fault, but I was also at all the home games in the ALDS and ALCS so I guess I wasn't all bad!!

You made it to a lot more post season games than i (zero) so I give you tons of credit!!
Back to top Go down
VegasTigersFan
West Michigan Whitecap
West Michigan Whitecap
VegasTigersFan

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tigers stop selling full-season ticket packages   Tigers stop selling full-season ticket packages Icon_minipostedWed Jan 30, 2008 3:30 pm

Thanks. It was fun and I want more this year!!!!
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tigers stop selling full-season ticket packages   Tigers stop selling full-season ticket packages Icon_minipostedWed Jan 30, 2008 4:45 pm

stupid cardinals!
Back to top Go down
VegasTigersFan
West Michigan Whitecap
West Michigan Whitecap
VegasTigersFan

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tigers stop selling full-season ticket packages   Tigers stop selling full-season ticket packages Icon_minipostedWed Jan 30, 2008 4:50 pm

Tell me about it...man did they get lucky. But I will say their fans are very nice.
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tigers stop selling full-season ticket packages   Tigers stop selling full-season ticket packages Icon_minipostedWed Jan 30, 2008 4:51 pm

we coulda shoulda KILLED 'em!
Back to top Go down
VegasTigersFan
West Michigan Whitecap
West Michigan Whitecap
VegasTigersFan

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tigers stop selling full-season ticket packages   Tigers stop selling full-season ticket packages Icon_minipostedWed Jan 30, 2008 4:54 pm

It was really a hard series to watch. In person or on tv.
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tigers stop selling full-season ticket packages   Tigers stop selling full-season ticket packages Icon_minipostedWed Jan 30, 2008 4:57 pm

I just hadn't turned onto the Tigs yet. I vaguely remember watching Maggs do his big home run...but didn't see any of the series at all. How special that A's game must've been!
Back to top Go down
VegasTigersFan
West Michigan Whitecap
West Michigan Whitecap
VegasTigersFan

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tigers stop selling full-season ticket packages   Tigers stop selling full-season ticket packages Icon_minipostedWed Jan 30, 2008 5:05 pm

That and the Yanks series was incredible. The stadium went nuts beyond belief when he hit it !!!!!!
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tigers stop selling full-season ticket packages   Tigers stop selling full-season ticket packages Icon_minipostedWed Jan 30, 2008 5:13 pm

what a birthday present for his son!
Back to top Go down
VegasTigersFan
West Michigan Whitecap
West Michigan Whitecap
VegasTigersFan

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tigers stop selling full-season ticket packages   Tigers stop selling full-season ticket packages Icon_minipostedWed Jan 30, 2008 5:13 pm

It would be hard to give a better present than that...
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tigers stop selling full-season ticket packages   Tigers stop selling full-season ticket packages Icon_minipostedWed Jan 30, 2008 5:15 pm

If I were his wife, I would've leaped over the guard rail and jumped him! Big Smile
Back to top Go down
VegasTigersFan
West Michigan Whitecap
West Michigan Whitecap
VegasTigersFan

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tigers stop selling full-season ticket packages   Tigers stop selling full-season ticket packages Icon_minipostedWed Jan 30, 2008 5:16 pm

Does he really have to hit a home run for you to feel that way?
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tigers stop selling full-season ticket packages   Tigers stop selling full-season ticket packages Icon_minipostedWed Jan 30, 2008 5:17 pm

Nah! Love 2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tigers stop selling full-season ticket packages   Tigers stop selling full-season ticket packages Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next