DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Christmas Cookies

Go down 
+2
iluvpudge7
Casey21
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Casey21
Lakeland Flying Tiger
Lakeland Flying Tiger
Casey21

Female
Number of posts : 503
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Sean Casey . . . oh dang he's a Red Sox now!
Registration date : 2007-10-14

Christmas Cookies Empty
PostSubject: Christmas Cookies   Christmas Cookies Icon_minipostedMon Dec 10, 2007 1:02 am

I am curious: Does anyone bake Christmas cookies anymore. My sister and I get together and bake about 15-20 different cookies. We also make fudge and do chocolate covered pretzels. We give them away to friends and family as our gift. I can post some recipes if anyone is interested.
Back to top Go down
iluvpudge7
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
iluvpudge7

Female
Number of posts : 2194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Not sure yet...
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Christmas Cookies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Cookies   Christmas Cookies Icon_minipostedMon Dec 10, 2007 1:12 am

Wow!!! You guys do a lot!!! I used to do a lot of that and bring them to work. I've been kinda lazy the last couple years. :haha:
How do you make your chocolate covered pretzels? That sounds easy, lol.
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Christmas Cookies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Cookies   Christmas Cookies Icon_minipostedMon Dec 10, 2007 12:28 pm

Casey21 wrote:
I am curious: Does anyone bake Christmas cookies anymore. My sister and I get together and bake about 15-20 different cookies. We also make fudge and do chocolate covered pretzels. We give them away to friends and family as our gift. I can post some recipes if anyone is interested.

I don't, but my grandma and mom do. My mom makes hot fudge (you know, the kind you put on ice cream). It's great!
Back to top Go down
Casey21
Lakeland Flying Tiger
Lakeland Flying Tiger
Casey21

Female

Christmas Cookies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Cookies   Christmas Cookies Icon_minipostedMon Dec 10, 2007 9:23 pm

Chocolate covered pretzels are very easy! Just get pretzels (either the logs or the twists) and some chocolate coating. Melt the coating and dip the pretzels in it. Very, very simple!
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

Christmas Cookies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Cookies   Christmas Cookies Icon_minipostedThu Dec 13, 2007 1:17 am

Casey21 wrote:

We usually make at least 8 to 10 different kinds. This year we will make larger batches and then freeze cookies to take out when needed for gatherings or gifts during the year!
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com

Christmas Cookies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Cookies   Christmas Cookies Icon_minipostedThu Dec 13, 2007 11:36 pm

mmmm
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

Christmas Cookies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Cookies   Christmas Cookies Icon_minipostedFri Dec 14, 2007 2:21 am

Here yanks, have a cookie

Christmas Cookies 36_16_12
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander

Christmas Cookies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Cookies   Christmas Cookies Icon_minipostedFri Dec 14, 2007 2:55 am

We always make a bunch of stuff that we later throw out.

My mom makes peanut brittle, these white things (covered in powdered sugar) with some sort of nuts inside, 7 layer bars (graham cracker, chocolate chips, coconut, etc.), fudge, those shaped things that we decorate that taste awful, and a few other things. She also makes tamales and stuffed cabbage for some reason confused

Last year I made gingerbread cookies. They were okay I guess.
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646

Christmas Cookies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Cookies   Christmas Cookies Icon_minipostedFri Dec 14, 2007 12:52 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
We always make a bunch of stuff that we later throw out.

My mom makes peanut brittle, these white things (covered in powdered sugar) with some sort of nuts inside, 7 layer bars (graham cracker, chocolate chips, coconut, etc.), fudge, those shaped things that we decorate that taste awful, and a few other things. She also makes tamales and stuffed cabbage for some reason confused

Last year I made gingerbread cookies. They were okay I guess.

Hey, my grandma makes white thingies covered in powdered sugar! (She calls them "snowball cookies"). My mom also makes the graham cracker, coconut, chocolate chip things. Those are one of my favorites!
Back to top Go down

Christmas Cookies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Cookies   Christmas Cookies Icon_minipostedFri Dec 14, 2007 1:33 pm

gogetemtigers wrote:
Here yanks, have a cookie

Christmas Cookies 36_16_12

why thank you Smile
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

Christmas Cookies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Cookies   Christmas Cookies Icon_minipostedTue Dec 18, 2007 3:29 am

SIR ELVIS Metal

Last edited by on Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

Christmas Cookies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Cookies   Christmas Cookies Icon_minipostedTue Dec 18, 2007 3:29 am

ELVIS RULES!
Back to top Go down

Christmas Cookies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Cookies   Christmas Cookies Icon_minipostedWed Dec 19, 2007 1:16 pm

LOL GS
Back to top Go down
Casey21
Lakeland Flying Tiger
Lakeland Flying Tiger
Casey21

Female

Christmas Cookies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Cookies   Christmas Cookies Icon_minipostedSat Dec 22, 2007 7:07 pm

My sister and I put together 14 cookie trays today. Our goal was to have no cookies left!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Christmas Cookies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Cookies   Christmas Cookies Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Christmas Cookies
Page 1 of 1