DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Chicago Cubs

Go down 
+5
gs78
catbox_9
boto69
Lo_x15
SoulRat
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Past Mem

Chicago Cubs Empty
PostSubject: Chicago Cubs   Chicago Cubs Icon_minipostedSat Oct 06, 2007 2:43 pm

GOO CUBBIES!!

Chicago Cubs Chicag18

Chicago Cubs Chicag19
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Chicago Cubs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chicago Cubs   Chicago Cubs Icon_minipostedSat Oct 06, 2007 5:06 pm

Hey, you got images working!!!
Back to top Go down

Chicago Cubs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chicago Cubs   Chicago Cubs Icon_minipostedSat Oct 06, 2007 6:54 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
Hey, you got images working!!!

Hey, well sort of they are huge though.

I took both of those pics, well I'm not sure about the sign. (either me or my Dad took that one)
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

Chicago Cubs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chicago Cubs   Chicago Cubs Icon_minipostedSat Oct 06, 2007 6:56 pm

They're good pics!
Back to top Go down

Chicago Cubs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chicago Cubs   Chicago Cubs Icon_minipostedSat Oct 06, 2007 7:10 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
They're good pics!

Thanks! I took more but they are sort of hard to post.

Oh, and you can delete my "Atlanta Braves" topic (if you or SoulRat or anyone can delete that), I just thought I would add it since it was in the "MLB teams" group. Sorry about that NL East team.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

Chicago Cubs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chicago Cubs   Chicago Cubs Icon_minipostedSat Oct 06, 2007 7:18 pm

cdurbfan22 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
They're good pics!

Thanks! I took more but they are sort of hard to post.

Oh, and you can delete my "Atlanta Braves" topic (if you or SoulRat or anyone can delete that), I just thought I would add it since it was in the "MLB teams" group. Sorry about that NL East team.

I checked that out. Didn't have much to say at the moment since they aren't in the playoffs. I just added something for the hell of it.

You can post about any team you want in there (well, not the Yankees, Red Sox, Indians, Tigers, or any non-MLB teams - they have their own forums)
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female
Number of posts : 9935
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I like fish at the moment....
Registration date : 2007-10-04

Chicago Cubs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chicago Cubs   Chicago Cubs Icon_minipostedSat Oct 06, 2007 8:23 pm

No, we like it!
Back to top Go down
Lo_x15
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR West Michigan WhitecapDTF1 ADMINISTRATOR West Michigan Whitecap
Lo_x15

Female
Number of posts : 470
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : *Brandon Inge*, Justin Verlander, Curtis Granderson, Placido Polanco
Registration date : 2007-10-04

Chicago Cubs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chicago Cubs   Chicago Cubs Icon_minipostedSat Oct 06, 2007 8:43 pm

WOOHOOO!! GO CUBBIES!

runners on 2/3, 0 outs. bottom of 4, 3-0 az.

GO CUBS
Back to top Go down
boto69
New York Yankee
New York Yankee
boto69

Male
Number of posts : 32
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Fu-Te Ni
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Chicago Cubs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chicago Cubs   Chicago Cubs Icon_minipostedSat Oct 06, 2007 11:50 pm

bye bye cubbies..
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

Chicago Cubs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chicago Cubs   Chicago Cubs Icon_minipostedTue Oct 09, 2007 6:53 pm

Tigers schedule in April is just like the Cubs! Fucking Day Games Galore!
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

Chicago Cubs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chicago Cubs   Chicago Cubs Icon_minipostedTue Oct 09, 2007 7:15 pm

gs78 wrote:

Who the hell came up with our schedule? I wonder if the Cubs have night games galore? Maybe they switched them by accident...lol!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

Chicago Cubs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chicago Cubs   Chicago Cubs Icon_minipostedMon Oct 15, 2007 7:16 pm

Switch them back! LOL! I want to chill down at least once at Comerica Park next April; Even if it is 60; the sun at the COPA is intense; making it feel much hotter
Back to top Go down
tigerswinloseordraw
West Michigan Whitecap
West Michigan Whitecap
tigerswinloseordraw

Female
Number of posts : 301
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio Ordonez, Carlos Guillen

Chicago Cubs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chicago Cubs   Chicago Cubs Icon_minipostedTue Oct 23, 2007 9:19 pm

http://www.theonion.com/content/news_briefs/confused_cubs_think_theyre
Back to top Go down
swiss_tiger
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
swiss_tiger

Male
Number of posts : 1760
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Inge, Inge, Inge and hhmmm Inge. ;-)

Chicago Cubs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chicago Cubs   Chicago Cubs Icon_minipostedWed Oct 24, 2007 2:54 am

gs78 wrote:

I really have no problems with the day games! This way i don't have to get up in the middle of the night watching my tigers! Smile
The 1:05 games start at 7:05PM in switzerland! Is there a better time to watch baseball than that? GO tiger
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

Chicago Cubs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chicago Cubs   Chicago Cubs Icon_minipostedWed Oct 24, 2007 3:42 am

swiss_tiger wrote:
gs78 wrote:

I really have no problems with the day games! This way i don't have to get up in the middle of the night watching my tigers! Smile
The 1:05 games start at 7:05PM in switzerland! Is there a better time to watch baseball than that? GO tiger

I like 4:05 better myself (I guess that'd require a 10:05 local start....good luck with that!).

In CA I get to see the Tigers at about 4:00 almost every day. It's great! I can watch them and then have dinner!
Back to top Go down
tigerswinloseordraw
West Michigan Whitecap
West Michigan Whitecap
tigerswinloseordraw

Female
Number of posts : 301
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio Ordonez, Carlos Guillen

Chicago Cubs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chicago Cubs   Chicago Cubs Icon_minipostedWed Oct 24, 2007 1:31 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
swiss_tiger wrote:
gs78 wrote:

I like 4:05 better myself (I guess that'd require a 10:05 local start....good luck with that!).

In CA I get to see the Tigers at about 4:00 almost every day. It's great! I can watch them and then have dinner!
We need more 11:05 starts and 10 run leads
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646

Chicago Cubs Empty
PostSubject: Renovations begin at Wrigley   Chicago Cubs Icon_minipostedSat Oct 27, 2007 12:24 pm

Notes: Renovations begin at Wrigley
Crews replacing the playing surface of 'Friendly Confines'
By Adam McCalvy and Carrie Muskat / MLB.com

The temperature topped out at about 60 degrees at Wrigley Field on Friday -- a beautiful day for some yard work.

Two crews this week began tearing up the playing surface at the 93-year-old home of the Cubs for a total renovation of the drainage system and turf. The project, which the club hopes to complete before the end of November, is being overseen by White Sox groundskeeper Roger Bossard, who proudly wears the nickname, "The Sodfather." When it's done, the field will be turned back over to longtime Cubs groundskeeper Roger Baird.

"I'm so happy for Roger. He's got the last old car in the Major Leagues," Bossard said.

In fact, Wrigley was the only Major League ballpark that still employed a "crown" to drain rainwater off the field. Cubs players and coaches sitting on the dugout bench would have to strain to see the first baseman across the field.

That will no longer be the case after Bossard is finished. Crews are removing 7,500 tons of dirt and will lower the playing surface about 14 inches over the coming weeks. Kansas City clay will be laid down and leveled before Bossard installs his trademark system of drains, to be made up of 6,000 feet of piping that can hold 60,000 gallons of water, easing the flow of water into the old neighborhood sewer system.

The sod will come from Colorado or New Jersey, depending on the weather in each spot when Bossard's crews are ready, and will be transported to Chicago in refrigerated trucks. Over the cold and snowy winter months, the grass will remain covered by a specialized geo-textile material that will keep the turf 7-9 degrees warmer than the surrounding air.

Timing is critical. Bossard is hoping to finish the project before the end of November, but even a few days of bad weather could set things back.

"It's a six- to seven-week job and I'm trying to get it done in four weeks," he said.

Bossard is a veteran of 10 field renovations, including the 2004 re-do of Boston's venerable Fenway Park and the 2001 installation of the new Miller Park in Milwaukee. It's been pointed out that four of the last six World Series champs have played on one of his fields.

"Maybe it will be the Cubs' turn next year," he said.
Back to top Go down
Ohios#1TigerFan
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
Ohios#1TigerFan

Male
Number of posts : 1473
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Placido, Thames, Miggy, B.Inge

Chicago Cubs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chicago Cubs   Chicago Cubs Icon_minipostedWed Oct 01, 2008 5:27 pm

Q: What did Jesus say to the Cubs last time he was on Earth?

A: “Don’t do anything til I get back.”
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

Chicago Cubs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chicago Cubs   Chicago Cubs Icon_minipostedWed Oct 01, 2008 5:28 pm

:haha:
Back to top Go down

Chicago Cubs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chicago Cubs   Chicago Cubs Icon_minipostedWed Oct 01, 2008 6:32 pm

ROFL

That was hilarious!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chicago Cubs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chicago Cubs   Chicago Cubs Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Chicago Cubs
Page 1 of 1