DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

What the AL champion Tigers are saying

Go down 
AuthorMessage
GoGetEmTigers
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)
Registration date : 2007-10-05

What the AL champion Tigers are saying Empty
PostSubject: What the AL champion Tigers are saying   What the AL champion Tigers are saying Icon_minipostedFri Oct 19, 2012 1:32 am

October 18, 2012 at 8:37 pm

By The Detroit News

Reactions from the Tigers' players and staff after winning the American League Championship and reaching the World Series on Thursday:

"Yeah we did it. It's an unbelievable feeling. It's what we worked for all year, to try and get to this point. Four more wins (to win the World Series). Hopefully we get lucky and win this one for Detroit. That's why we're here right now because of our pitching. We did it. It was a great race. We never gave up. We always believed we can do it. Four more wins."

-- Miguel Cabrera

"I really had my changeup and slider going. When I can combine that with my fastball, that's how I can be effective. G-Money (Gerald Laird) was great behind the plate tonight. It's awesome because tonight they came out with the most energy I've ever seen. There's nothing like it to clinch it here and bring a World Series to Detroit."

-- Max Scherzer, winning pitcher in Game 4

"Our players have pushed forth. It's been phenomenal. With Jim's (Leyland's) leadership and the rest of the staff we got on a roll. We said a month ago we had a chance to make a special season here and we still do. We want four more. We've had a solid club all year and we were waiting for it to gel. They've all got quality stuff and we're riding them right now. He is the best manager in baseball. We're very blessed with Mr. I as our owner, the family atmosphere here today. Today's winning pitcher with our family, which had a very difficult time this year, I just wanna tip my cap to him and his family."

-- Dave Dombrowski, Tigers president and general manager

"It's a big thrill, but my fans, you pump my players up! I got a great bunch. They're all good guys, they're humble, they're down to earth. There's not one hot dog in the bunch. The Tigers are something special."

-- Mike Ilitch, owner

"I think first of all we're blessed with an owner and a fan base that has done unbelievable things for the city of Detroit and even more unbelievable things for the Detroit Tigers. As always this goes out to the players. They're the guys who win the game, they're the ones who pay the price. Let me thank the three million that came out this year and never lost the faith."

-- Jim Leyland, manager

"Well, we're gonna have to talk about those two earned runs. They did a tremendous job. We have an outstanding staff and an outstanding bullpen. We're one big, happy family here, and I'm glad I'm part of it. We have a plan in place, but we won't be sitting around for five or six days doing nothing. This is a great night to celebrate and everybody -- including me -- don't drink and drive!

-- Leyland

"Thanks to our starting pitchers they carried us the whole playoffs so far, making it easy on the offense, putting zeros on the board. I need to figure it out for the season, too. We're gonna celebrate tonight. I don't know what Skip has planned for us but stay focused and get our work in. From the front offense all the way down to the last scout everyone works hard. Skip told us to keep battling and we should be on top in the end.

-- Delmon Young, American League Championship Series Most Valuable Player

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20121018/SPORTS0104/210180523#ixzz29iSPODo8
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: Tiger Talk :: Breaking News-
Jump to: