DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

optical illusions

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
GoGetEmTigers
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)
Registration date : 2007-10-05

optical illusions Empty
PostSubject: optical illusions   optical illusions Icon_minipostedMon Feb 01, 2010 2:04 am

optical illusions Vertsphere

In which direction does it spin??

January 19, 2010 by Vurdlak

Shown optical illusion just laid there on my hard disk for years. When I opened it today, I couldn’t remember why I placed it in my illusions folder in the first place? After some puzzling, finally I managed to see its visual phenomenon!

Ok, here’s what I want you to do: concentrate on the animated .gif on your right. You’ll quickly realize it represents some sort of see-through sphere, constructed of many dots rotating in one direction. Dots in front make the front face of the sphere, while “background” dots belong to sphere’s back. It’s logical they rotate in opposite directions. Now try and switch with front-face ones. Notice any change?

If you manage to visualize this, your able to change the direction in which sphere rotates. With some practice, you’ll be able to switch the direction back and forth in very short time fragments. Don’t underestimate yourselves – many individuals have difficulty seeing this type of illusions. It’s not that they’re less worthy, it’s just that their brain operates differently… Which reminded me – did you know that more than 1/3 of all people who went to see Avatar in 3D couldn’t see the image in 3D?

There are many optical illusions of this type available; one of the more popular being Spinning Dancer Optical Illusion. Your best shot of finding more, would be browsing through our Animations category.
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

optical illusions Empty
PostSubject: Re: optical illusions   optical illusions Icon_minipostedMon Feb 01, 2010 2:28 am

disappearing act illusion

April 17, 2006 by Vurdlak

Allright, stare intently at the red dot in the center of the left block for a minute. Once you’ve done this, look over to the center of the right square. It should act weird – by fading out and ‘flickering’. If you move your head closer and further from the monitor (while focussing in the center), you should see some interesting interference effects too. This optical Illusions does the same to you, as the “Baby Illusion”, “Vanishing Haze”, “Disappearing Dots” and “Disappearing Colors” normally do.

optical illusions Blurspaeyes
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646

optical illusions Empty
PostSubject: Re: optical illusions   optical illusions Icon_minipostedThu Feb 11, 2010 10:49 pm

I can't get the top one to change directions. Frown
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

optical illusions Empty
PostSubject: Re: optical illusions   optical illusions Icon_minipostedThu Feb 11, 2010 10:53 pm

bobrob2004 wrote:
I can't get the top one to change directions. Frown

stare at it, all the sudden it seems to go the opposite way.
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

optical illusions Empty
PostSubject: Re: optical illusions   optical illusions Icon_minipostedThu Feb 11, 2010 11:01 pm

Spinning Dancer Optical Illusion
June 24, 2007 by Vurdlak

optical illusions 2007b

This animation was on my laptop for quite some time. I had it for almost a year. Today anonymous user submitted me this gif version, and when I opened it, only then I realized how great this illusion actually is. If you look at the spinning girl’s silhouette below, you will think it is spinning clockwise, probably. When you check her shadow below, momentarily the spinning direction changes in your mind, and now the girl is spinning counter-clockwise. It can be quite hard at the beginning to notice switch of the spinning direction, but eventually you’ll manage. I posted more simple illusion of this kind while ago, and you can see it here. Now, be honest – how long did it take you to see it spin in both directions? Not as easy as the hidden tiger, ayeh? I lost the link to the original artist, but best I could come up with is the place I found it on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

optical illusions Empty
PostSubject: Re: optical illusions   optical illusions Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

optical illusions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: Off Topic :: WHATEVER!-
Jump to: