DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

The Movie Unstoppable filming near me!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
GoGetEmTigers
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)
Registration date : 2007-10-05

The Movie Unstoppable filming near me! Empty
PostSubject: The Movie Unstoppable filming near me!   The Movie Unstoppable filming near me! Icon_minipostedTue Nov 10, 2009 8:36 pm

Note: The following is taking place about 2 miles from me. I may go watch filming in the next couple days! I hope to see Denzel Washington!

Video: Unstoppable

Hollywood Crews Film Denzel Washington Movie In Bellaire

Posted: 12:23 pm EST November 9, 2009Updated: 5:45 pm EST November 9, 2009

BELLAIRE, Ohio -- It's "lights, camera, action" in Bellaire for the filming of the Denzel Washington movie "Unstoppable."

Monday, the village was bustling with cast and crew members on Belmont Street, while police officers were stationed at every street corner.

The street had been closed to traffic several times during the morning, and officers from Belmont, Jefferson and Monroe counties helped control traffic.

While the filming is underway, about 35 officers will be on duty at a time to make sure everything goes smoothly.

A publicist for the film said this isn't a typical movie set because they're filming on a moving train. So, there is no one area where spectators can go to see the crews and cast members in action.

Even so, people gathered hoping to catch a piece of the action.

"Just knowing how much work would have to go into making something like this -- all the behind-the-scenes things is very interesting," Mike Conroy, of Bellaire, said.

Another resident was right in the center of the action as work crews moved in and out of her home, preparing it for a shoot Tuesday. Janet Uchbar said she spoke to the director during the summer while he was scouting locations for the film and her home on 32nd Street piqued his interest.

"He said, 'I'd definitely like to film 'Unstoppable' here -- make the living room a bedroom and kitchen,'" Uchbar said.

The chief said if people want to come downtown and try to see some of the filming, they can do so, but they must stay behind the barriers set up in the streets.

He said the village was relatively quiet Monday, but they expect activity to pick up Tuesday as the filming progresses.

Filming could hold up traffic in Bellaire during the days this week while crews shut down state Route 7 for 15-minute intervals. Officials recommend drivers use West Virginia state Route 2 as an alternative.

Filming is expected to last until Friday. Stay with NEWS9 and WTOV9.com for continuing coverage.

Previous Stories:

* November 9, 2009: 'Unstoppable' Stopping Traffic
* November 6, 2009: Route 7 To Be Restricted Next Week For Filming Of 'Unstoppable'
* October 12, 2009: Bellaire Casting Call To Be Held Tuesday
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander

PostSubject: Re: The Movie Unstoppable filming near me!   The Movie Unstoppable filming near me! Icon_minipostedWed Nov 11, 2009 1:36 am

No movies getting filmed here Frown

Just as well, Humphrey Bogart and Alfred Hitchcock are long dead. If only they would have made a movie together - it would have made Citizen Kane look like garbage. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: The Movie Unstoppable filming near me!   The Movie Unstoppable filming near me! Icon_minipostedFri Nov 13, 2009 7:38 pm

Bellaire in the Movies - Photos from our local newspaper of the shooting of the movie Unstoppable. Click here to see pictures.

Below pic is of the Unstoppable train on Bellaire's historic "Old Stone Bridge" which was erected in 1865.
The Movie Unstoppable filming near me! 2421756
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Movie Unstoppable filming near me!   The Movie Unstoppable filming near me! Icon_minipostedFri Nov 13, 2009 8:04 pm

Interesting fact from Bellaire history. Click here to read

Quote :
1903 - 1905 T. C. Nicholson is mayor. Prior to this, between 1886 and 1900, "Parson" was a professional baseball player for the Detroit Tigers and several other Minor League teams. He also played for three Major League baseball teams: the Detroit Wolverines in 1888, the Toledo Black Pirates in 1890 and the Washington Nationals in 1895.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Movie Unstoppable filming near me!   The Movie Unstoppable filming near me! Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

The Movie Unstoppable filming near me!
Page 1 of 1