DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

I am so pissed! Bengals avoid tie game with last second FG

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

I am so pissed! Bengals avoid tie game  with last second FG Empty
PostSubject: I am so pissed! Bengals avoid tie game with last second FG   I am so pissed! Bengals avoid tie game  with last second FG Icon_minipostedMon Oct 05, 2009 12:00 am

Fucking Horseshit

Could have had a tie game!

Bengals would have been the first team since the 88 and 89 Chiefs to play to a tie in back to back seasons

Would have been the first tie in the month of October since 1988; the last five tie games have happened in November; including the Bengals 13-13 tie with the Eagles last year

WHAT REALLY PISSES ME OFF IS THE BENGALS COACH WANTED TO PUNT AND PLAY FOR A TIE; THE STUPID BROWNS CALL TIME OUT: THE BENGALS PLAYERS TALKED HIM OUT OF IT: GOING FOR IT ON 4th DOWN! SETTING UP THE GAME WINNING FG WITH NO TIME LEFT!

rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant grouch grouch grouch grouch grouch grouch grouch puke puke puke puke puke puke puke

Last edited by gs78 on Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:05 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: I am so pissed! Bengals avoid tie game with last second FG   I am so pissed! Bengals avoid tie game  with last second FG Icon_minipostedMon Oct 05, 2009 12:02 am

I guarantee we won't see a game end a tie this year or for the next 20 fucking years; just watch!

FUCKING BULLSHIT!
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

PostSubject: Re: I am so pissed! Bengals avoid tie game with last second FG   I am so pissed! Bengals avoid tie game  with last second FG Icon_minipostedMon Oct 05, 2009 3:47 am

Damn! I was hoping for one, too. Game wasn't televised but the updates said like 10 seconds left in OT so I was getting my hopes up pretty high. Damn!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am so pissed! Bengals avoid tie game with last second FG   I am so pissed! Bengals avoid tie game  with last second FG Icon_minipostedTue Oct 06, 2009 3:36 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
Damn! I was hoping for one, too. Game wasn't televised but the updates said like 10 seconds left in OT so I was getting my hopes up pretty high. Damn!

I didn't hear about it until after i came back home form my GF's house which i went to straight from Comerica Park after the Tigers game; I was watching ESPN or something; they showed the score as 23-20 OT ; didn't think much of it; figured it was a typical OT game; then I saw the highlights of it rant rant rant rant rant rant

Also there was an article on Yahoo saying that the Bengals were gonna punt; try and play for a tie; but the Browns called Timeout; and Bengals changed their minds;going for it instead on 4th down late in OT; setting up the FG

And a loss is not the same as a tie as one of the idiot Bengals players was quoted after the game

The Eagles got in the playoffs with a 9-6-1 record over Dallas 9-7 last year

Don't tell me a tie is the same as a loss
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

PostSubject: Re: I am so pissed! Bengals avoid tie game with last second FG   I am so pissed! Bengals avoid tie game  with last second FG Icon_minipostedTue Oct 06, 2009 3:57 pm

Ties are way better than losses. Too bad idiots don't ever realize that. Heck, you could go 4-0-12 and make the playoffs (that's like going 10-6). Obviously 12 ties is unrealistic, but you get the point.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am so pissed! Bengals avoid tie game with last second FG   I am so pissed! Bengals avoid tie game  with last second FG Icon_minipostedWed Oct 07, 2009 4:12 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
Ties are way better than losses. Too bad idiots don't ever realize that. Heck, you could go 4-0-12 and make the playoffs (that's like going 10-6). Obviously 12 ties is unrealistic, but you get the point.

For sure; And consider this; if ties are so bad; how come 99% of the time when a team is down by 7 points late in the 4th quarter; and if they score a Touchdown; they go for the extra point rather than try a game winning 2 point conversion; beats losing the coin toss and maybe not even getting the ball in OT in the first place if you ask me
Back to top Go down
jmccurry08
Oneonta Tiger
Oneonta Tiger

Male
Number of posts : 187
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : dontrelle willis
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: I am so pissed! Bengals avoid tie game with last second FG   I am so pissed! Bengals avoid tie game  with last second FG Icon_minipostedWed Oct 07, 2009 8:14 pm

Being a Browns fan, I was mad we lost and would have been happy with the tie since we played a great game and Mangini had to call a timeout to pretty much set up the win for Cincy.

But Mangini and the Browns GM did something right today trading Braylon Edwards, now New York has some1 to drop the ball on New Years Eve
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am so pissed! Bengals avoid tie game with last second FG   I am so pissed! Bengals avoid tie game  with last second FG Icon_minipostedSat Oct 10, 2009 3:29 am

jmccurry08 wrote:
Being a Browns fan, I was mad we lost and would have been happy with the tie since we played a great game and Mangini had to call a timeout to pretty much set up the win for Cincy.

But Mangini and the Browns GM did something right today trading Braylon Edwards, now New York has some1 to drop the ball on New Years Eve

There is a clip of that game winning FG on Yahoo sports; the kick was good? scratch I think the refs blew that one; looked like the kick was no good; the game should have ended in a tie
Back to top Go down
jmccurry08
Oneonta Tiger
Oneonta Tiger

Male
Number of posts : 187
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : dontrelle willis
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: I am so pissed! Bengals avoid tie game with last second FG   I am so pissed! Bengals avoid tie game  with last second FG Icon_minipostedSat Oct 10, 2009 8:21 am

gs78 wrote:
jmccurry08 wrote:

There is a clip of that game winning FG on Yahoo sports; the kick was good? scratch I think the refs blew that one; looked like the kick was no good; the game should have ended in a tie
Yeah i seen that.......defiantly no good. Defensive Coordinator Rob Ryan even said it was no good and players on the field were waving it off.

The refs were probably tired and wanted to go home so they just called it good
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am so pissed! Bengals avoid tie game with last second FG   I am so pissed! Bengals avoid tie game  with last second FG Icon_minipostedWed Oct 14, 2009 2:59 pm

jmccurry08 wrote:
gs78 wrote:
jmccurry08 wrote:

Yeah i seen that.......defiantly no good. Defensive Coordinator Rob Ryan even said it was no good and players on the field were waving it off.

The refs were probably tired and wanted to go home so they just called it good

There was only 4 seconds left in OT; they could have let it play out; Unless the Browns throw a 80 yard hail mary on the next play; that game should have ended been a tie; Browns should be 1-3-1 instead of 1-4
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I am so pissed! Bengals avoid tie game with last second FG   I am so pissed! Bengals avoid tie game  with last second FG Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

I am so pissed! Bengals avoid tie game with last second FG
Page 1 of 1