DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Weeds

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Weeds Empty
PostSubject: Weeds   Weeds Icon_minipostedFri Aug 21, 2009 5:42 pm

Anyone seen Weeds? I've seen a few episodes and it seems pretty funny.

The show is about an upper-middle class white family where the husband has recently died. To make ends meet the mother turns to dealing marijuana.
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Number of posts : 7415
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Weeds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weeds   Weeds Icon_minipostedFri Aug 21, 2009 6:45 pm

Hmmmm. What channel?
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/baseballer41001
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

Weeds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weeds   Weeds Icon_minipostedFri Aug 21, 2009 8:15 pm

Showtime.

I was watching episodes online though as I don't get Showtime.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Weeds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weeds   Weeds Icon_minipostedFri Aug 21, 2009 8:43 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
Anyone seen Weeds? I've seen a few episodes and it seems pretty funny.

The show is about an upper-middle class white family where the husband has recently died. To make ends meet the mother turns to dealing marijuana.

I would love to date a woman like that; The husband is dead and all the dope I could smoke
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

Weeds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weeds   Weeds Icon_minipostedFri Aug 21, 2009 8:44 pm

Though I did smoke some last night! whistle
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Number of posts : 7415
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Weeds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weeds   Weeds Icon_minipostedFri Aug 21, 2009 10:26 pm

gs78 wrote:

lol2 Not good!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/baseballer41001
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

Weeds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weeds   Weeds Icon_minipostedSat Aug 22, 2009 3:12 am

gdennis59 wrote:
gs78 wrote:

lol2 Not good!

For sure; I don't even know why I did that shit last night;

Don't ever do that stuff G; Stick with sports, your blogs; your friends;
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

Weeds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weeds   Weeds Icon_minipostedSat Aug 22, 2009 4:11 am

Nothing wrong with marijuana. While I have never tried it (mainly because I'm afraid I'd like it and don't want to like it since it is somewhat unhealthy and rather expensive and ever-so-slightly illegal), I think it's a perfectly fine drug for people to use. Certainly better than alcohol (although neither one should ever be used with a motor vehicle) short-term and most certainly safer than tobacco in the long-term.

Back to the show, while everyone smokes marijuana and what not, the show isn't really all about marijuana. You could be pretty anti-marijuana and still find it funny. Sure, they smoke and sell drugs, but the situations they get in are pretty funny. It's too bad Hulu doesn't have episodes online. You can watch them other places, but they're a hassle to find.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

Weeds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weeds   Weeds Icon_minipostedSat Aug 22, 2009 2:58 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
Nothing wrong with marijuana. While I have never tried it (mainly because I'm afraid I'd like it and don't want to like it since it is somewhat unhealthy and rather expensive and ever-so-slightly illegal), I think it's a perfectly fine drug for people to use. Certainly better than alcohol (although neither one should ever be used with a motor vehicle) short-term and most certainly safer than tobacco in the long-term.

Back to the show, while everyone smokes marijuana and what not, the show isn't really all about marijuana. You could be pretty anti-marijuana and still find it funny. Sure, they smoke and sell drugs, but the situations they get in are pretty funny. It's too bad Hulu doesn't have episodes online. You can watch them other places, but they're a hassle to find.

But my problem is that I party sometimes with people that smoke that stuff and drink hard liquor; which I can't handle very well; But if someone is giving me say rum, or tequilla, or vodka and Jack Daniels and joints to smoke; I do it no questions asked' Even though I know what is gonna happen to me later; Beer is really the only thing that I can handle; getting high and passed out drunk is another issue; At least my hangover from yesterday is gone; I probably made a fool of myself at that party, too; rant
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

Weeds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weeds   Weeds Icon_minipostedSun Aug 23, 2009 4:10 am

Stick win gin. I've never been sick from gin.

Stay away from cheap white rum in plastic bottles. I've only drank lots of that once and I was sick for several days...that's the only time I've ever been sick from alcohol. Then again, I rarely drink.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

Weeds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weeds   Weeds Icon_minipostedSun Aug 23, 2009 11:19 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
Stick win gin. I've never been sick from gin.

Stay away from cheap white rum in plastic bottles. I've only drank lots of that once and I was sick for several days...that's the only time I've ever been sick from alcohol. Then again, I rarely drink.

What about 5 o' clock Vodka; that shit pretty cheap too
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

Weeds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weeds   Weeds Icon_minipostedTue Aug 25, 2009 12:26 am

I won't drink vodka. Most vodka drinks are supposed to be gin drinks but the drinker is a wimp who can't drink gin (vodka and tonic, vodka martini, etc.)

I drink Bombay Sapphire Gin. It tastes better than well gin and a 1.75L bottle is only $32 at Costco (a 750mL bottle is like $30 everywhere else so you save a ton by going to Costco)
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

Weeds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weeds   Weeds Icon_minipostedTue Aug 25, 2009 3:14 am

catbox_9 wrote:
I won't drink vodka. Most vodka drinks are supposed to be gin drinks but the drinker is a wimp who can't drink gin (vodka and tonic, vodka martini, etc.)

I drink Bombay Sapphire Gin. It tastes better than well gin and a 1.75L bottle is only $32 at Costco (a 750mL bottle is like $30 everywhere else so you save a ton by going to Costco)

You calling me a wimp Catbox? lol2
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

Weeds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weeds   Weeds Icon_minipostedTue Aug 25, 2009 3:15 am

catbox_9 wrote:

I can get a 30 pack of Pabst or Milwaukee's Best for 14.99 plus deposit at Meijer
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

Weeds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weeds   Weeds Icon_minipostedTue Aug 25, 2009 3:50 am

gs78 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:

If you drink vodka but won't drink gin...especially if you drink vodka martinis and vodka tonics whistle
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

Weeds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weeds   Weeds Icon_minipostedTue Aug 25, 2009 3:51 am

gs78 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:

I can get a 30 pack of Pabst or Milwaukee's Best for 14.99 plus deposit at Meijer

I so rarely drink I don't mind the $30 bottles. I bought a bottle about 6 weeks ago. I've still got probably 85-90% of that bottle left. I've had no other forms of alcohol in that time frame.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

Weeds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weeds   Weeds Icon_minipostedTue Aug 25, 2009 5:32 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
gs78 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:

If you drink vodka but won't drink gin...especially if you drink vodka martinis and vodka tonics whistle

I drink vodka straight from the bottle or mix it with orange Juice; I also drink Jack Daniels; Rum and Tequilla when people offer me that stuff otherwise it is Pabst or Milwaukee's Best for me Big Smile
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

Weeds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weeds   Weeds Icon_minipostedTue Aug 25, 2009 5:33 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
gs78 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:

I so rarely drink I don't mind the $30 bottles. I bought a bottle about 6 weeks ago. I've still got probably 85-90% of that bottle left. I've had no other forms of alcohol in that time frame.

Damn!
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

Weeds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weeds   Weeds Icon_minipostedTue Aug 25, 2009 6:04 pm

gs78 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
gs78 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:

I drink vodka straight from the bottle or mix it with orange Juice; I also drink Jack Daniels; Rum and Tequilla when people offer me that stuff otherwise it is Pabst or Milwaukee's Best for me Big Smile

Straight from the bottle? :puke2: I actually don't mind a screwdriver or bloody mary but I don't drink those often. I don't mind Irish whiskey but don't drink that much anymore. On very rare occasions I might have something with rum and I never drink tequila as I find it awful.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

Weeds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weeds   Weeds Icon_minipostedTue Aug 25, 2009 6:11 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
gs78 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
gs78 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:

Straight from the bottle? :puke2: I actually don't mind a screwdriver or bloody mary but I don't drink those often. I don't mind Irish whiskey but don't drink that much anymore. On very rare occasions I might have something with rum and I never drink tequila as I find it awful.

Hell Yeah! Though I am quite familar with this puke Usually get that way and Thud after i drink enough of it

Should just drink beer
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

Weeds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weeds   Weeds Icon_minipostedWed Aug 26, 2009 2:51 am

Had alcohol today (sort of). We went out for my sister's birthday and at the end you get a free dessert - either a root bear float or a liqueur. I decided to be healthy or something and went with a liqueur and ordered an amaretto (it was either that or brandy, creme de cacao, or creme de menthe). I took one sip and didn't like it. My sister grabbed it out of my hand and drank the rest even though she's 20. I also learned that it's hard to drink out of a brandy snifter. They curve in weird so you really have to tilt the glass back.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

Weeds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weeds   Weeds Icon_minipostedWed Aug 26, 2009 3:00 am

catbox_9 wrote:
Had alcohol today (sort of). We went out for my sister's birthday and at the end you get a free dessert - either a root bear float or a liqueur. I decided to be healthy or something and went with a liqueur and ordered an amaretto (it was either that or brandy, creme de cacao, or creme de menthe). I took one sip and didn't like it. My sister grabbed it out of my hand and drank the rest even though she's 20. I also learned that it's hard to drink out of a brandy snifter. They curve in weird so you really have to tilt the glass back.

Any booze in the root beer float?
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

Weeds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weeds   Weeds Icon_minipostedWed Aug 26, 2009 3:01 am

I love Root Beer Floats
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

Weeds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weeds   Weeds Icon_minipostedWed Aug 26, 2009 3:01 am

I love Root Beer Floats
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

Weeds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weeds   Weeds Icon_minipostedWed Aug 26, 2009 3:05 am

gs78 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:

Nope. They're really good but I try to be somewhat healthy. I ended up eating my sister's birthday thing they brought out which was ice cream with whipped cream and a brownie so that wasn't exactly healthy.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

Weeds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weeds   Weeds Icon_minipostedWed Aug 26, 2009 3:22 am

catbox_9 wrote:
gs78 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:

Nope. They're really good but I try to be somewhat healthy. I ended up eating my sister's birthday thing they brought out which was ice cream with whipped cream and a brownie so that wasn't exactly healthy.

But they are good aren't they?

In an unrelated note; I am down to 196 pounds; weighed 245 last January
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

Weeds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weeds   Weeds Icon_minipostedWed Aug 26, 2009 3:33 am

gs78 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
gs78 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:

Yeah, they are good.

I think I'm about 10-15 pounds heavier than I was when I graduated college. It was easier to eat properly when I bought my own food. I'm pretty good about purchasing healthy food and eating what I purchase, but when other people buy things like chips and ice cream, I can't say no.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

Weeds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weeds   Weeds Icon_minipostedWed Aug 26, 2009 10:48 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
gs78 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
gs78 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:

Yeah, they are good.

I think I'm about 10-15 pounds heavier than I was when I graduated college. It was easier to eat properly when I bought my own food. I'm pretty good about purchasing healthy food and eating what I purchase, but when other people buy things like chips and ice cream, I can't say no.

It is hard to turn down stuff when other people are buying

You weighed 10-15 pounds less before you graduated college; How thin were you; When I met you last month at Comerica; you looked not a pound over 150; 160 at most; lol!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

Weeds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weeds   Weeds Icon_minipostedWed Aug 26, 2009 10:49 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
gs78 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
gs78 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:

Yeah, they are good.

I am trying to eat heathier; I eat more salads; grapefruit; Special K cereal; things like that
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

Weeds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weeds   Weeds Icon_minipostedWed Aug 26, 2009 10:50 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
gs78 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
gs78 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:

Yeah, they are good.

It is hard sometimes not to eat that stuff
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Weeds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weeds   Weeds Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Weeds
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: Off Topic :: TV Shows-
Jump to: