DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

How to "fix" the Rays.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TSH

Male
Number of posts : 4
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Willis
Registration date : 2009-06-01

How to "fix" the Rays. Empty
PostSubject: How to "fix" the Rays.   How to "fix" the Rays. Icon_minipostedMon Jun 01, 2009 10:03 pm

Since the team cannot do it themselves, with all those great baseball minds they have, I thought I would help them along.

My Ideas:

1.) Trade Kapler, Gross, Joyce, for somebody anybody with the least bit of potential... If nobody wants any of them just Cut em.

2.) Trade Joe Nelson.. If nobody want's him then DFA.

3.) Trade Sonny for a good power hitter. Our RF slot isn't filled yet and imo it's our main priority... If that doesn't work then at least for a good prospect.

4.) Cut Izzy sign Keith Foulke :rollseyes:, or bring up Talbot.

5.) Call up Ruggs.

6.) Leave Nieman in starting rotation but call up Davis as a backup..

7.) Send Thayer to AAA, call up Chad Bradford.

That being said, here is the starting line-ups once everybody is healthy...

CF BJ Upton - I don't know who else to put here.. I wouldn't put Barts because he is our hottest hitter and moving him to #1 would mean he would get on base but having him behind Pena or Burrell is best so he can drive in a few good runs..
LF Carl Crawford
3B Evan Longoria
1B Carlos Pena
DH Pat Burrell - I do hate Burrell but he is an ok hitter.. We couldn't trade him because most likely nobody wants him... I want Cliff Floyd back
RF (Sonny) - Right here we put the guy we traded for Sonny... If that doesn't work then just give Rugs a chance..
SS Jason Bartlett
2B Akinori Iwamura
C Dioner Navarro

SP James Shiels
SP Matt Garza
SP David Price
SP Jeff Nieman
SP Scott Kazmir

LR Lance Cormier
LR Mitch Talbot
MR Dan Wheeler
MR Chad Bradford