DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

The Virgin Spring (1960)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

The Virgin Spring  (1960) Empty
PostSubject: The Virgin Spring (1960)   The Virgin Spring  (1960) Icon_minipostedThu May 28, 2009 4:18 am

Ingmar Bergman's The Virgin Spring (Jungfrukällan) is a story based on the Swedish ballad "Töres dotter i Wänge". The film is set in the middle ages. A girl is sent to church to deliver candles. On the way to church she is raped and murdered. The father of the girl seeks revenge. The film isn't action-packed despite what this summary may indicate. The film moves along rather slowly and didn't come off as particularly interesting.

Of the actors in this film, I am most familiar with Max von Sydow who played the girl's father. His role in this film wasn't quite as prominent as his character in The Seventh Seal and I didn't think this performance was as good.

Like every Bergman film I've seen, this film is rather deep and the plot doesn't really do a whole lot. The film addresses myriad of themes such as Christianity, Paganism, vengeance, the occult, questioning of religious faith, sexual innocence, justice, and the nature of evil. The film also poses several moral questions to the audience. While I don't necessarily mind a film that is rather serious in nature, I feel like this film could have been more interesting. I have seen plenty of films that address lots of themes while at the coming off as an interesting film. This film fails in that regard and for that reason I cannot recommend it despite the accolades this film received.

60/100
D-
Back to top Go down

The Virgin Spring (1960)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: Off Topic :: Movies-
Jump to: