DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

American Chopper

Go down 
+2
bobrob2004
GoGetEmTigers
6 posters
AuthorMessage
GoGetEmTigers
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)
Registration date : 2007-10-05

American Chopper Empty
PostSubject: American Chopper   American Chopper Icon_minipostedThu Nov 01, 2007 10:57 pm

Any Orange County Chopper (OCC) fans? I like it, but I like many of the TLC, Discovery channel shows.

I am mad that Vinny left the company! Frown
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

American Chopper Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Chopper   American Chopper Icon_minipostedThu Nov 29, 2007 12:33 am

What's amatta with you all, no chopper fans out there?

I love this show as well as "RIP Monster Garage". Jesse James is a master of all things motor!

American Chopper 15_9_28American Chopper 7_6_3
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646

American Chopper Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Chopper   American Chopper Icon_minipostedThu Nov 29, 2007 10:48 am

Never heard of those shows...
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

American Chopper Empty
PostSubject: Sale of custom U-M chopper to benefit hospital   American Chopper Icon_minipostedThu Feb 21, 2008 10:43 am

American Chopper is on TLC thurs nights. They just did a U of M bike for Motts childrens hospital charity. It was unvealed at the U of M - OSU game

American Chopper Medium_large_CHOPPER1_012808

Sale of custom U-M chopper to benefit hospital

ANN ARBOR -- This machine is low-slung, cool and, yes, maize and blue.

The "Big Blue Bike," as it is known, is a chopper-style motorcycle - think "Easy Rider" - that is being auctioned to raise money for the new C. S. Mott Children's Hospital and Women's Hospital.

To add to the panache, the bike was built by Orange County Choppers, the motorcycle company operated by Paul Teutul Sr. and his sons, Paul Jr. and Mikey, and featured on The Learning Channel show "American Chopper." The show follows the interactions of the Teutuls and their assistants as they build custom motorcycles.

The bike incorporates design details such as a gas tank that resembles a Michigan football helmet, a headlight guard shaped like a the face guard of a football helmet and the block "M" displayed in several places on the bike.

Getting the Teutuls to build the bike was the brainchild of University of Michigan alumnus and motorcycle enthusiast John Myefski of Glencoe, Ill., who saw "American Chopper" by chance about two years ago.

Myefski noticed after several shows that Mikey Teutul was a U-M football fan, so he wrote to the program proposing that the Teutuls build a U-M-themed bike as part of the Mott fundraising effort.

Many letters and phone calls later, the show finally agreed to build the bike. The Ann and Robert H. Lurie Foundation provided $150,000 to cover some of the expenses and the show waived the much higher endorsement and advertising fees it usually requires, Myefski said.

Myefski said he thought of Mott in part because his wife had worked there and because of a nephew who died from Wilson's disease.

"We have a strong belief in what the hospital has done," Myefski said.

The motorcycle is on display at Domino's Farms and online bidding will run from Feb. 7-21. Besides getting the bike, the bid winner also will receive a tailgate party for up to 20 people at any 2008 U-M home football game, compliments of Domino's Pizza.
The motorcycle is estimated to have a fair market value of $150,000, said Tammi Carr, senior major gift officer for Mott.

The bike has attracted the attention of thousands of people working at or visiting Domino's Farms, said Domino's Chief Executive David Brandon, a former U-M regent and co-chairman with former U-M football coach Lloyd Carr of the fundraising committee for the new hospital.

"It's almost like a neon sign there," said Brandon, who briefly sat on the bike and decided it was probably a little too fast for him.

Auctions of similarly unique bikes have brought large sums, and he hopes some of the people who have admired the bike will bid on it.

"For the folks who like (motorcycles), I think it will be a wonderful chance," Brandon said.

Mikey Teutul came to Ann Arbor with a film crew two weeks before the U-M-Ohio State game this fall, toured the university, visited Mott hospital and met Carr. The bike was delivered on the day of the Ohio State game.

Hospital officials are conducting numerous fundraisers, large and small, for the new hospital, which is expected to cost $523 million. The university has already raised $50 million for the facility and has a fundraising goal of $75 million.

http://www.mottchildrenshospital.org/images/Big%20Blue%20Bike%20Pics.pdf
Back to top Go down
TrammMan
New York Yankee
New York Yankee
TrammMan

Male
Number of posts : 90
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Granderson- NON TIGER Carlos Pena
Registration date : 2008-02-15

American Chopper Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Chopper   American Chopper Icon_minipostedThu Feb 21, 2008 12:38 pm

i use to watch this show all the time. but the fighting in every episode got really old fast. you seen one episode you seen them all.

yes TLC has great shows. I like Little People and LA INK. little people and hot chicks covered in tattoos, nothing gets better.

austin
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

American Chopper Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Chopper   American Chopper Icon_minipostedThu Feb 21, 2008 2:17 pm

They have toned down the fighting lately.

Little People Big world is great, and I like Miami Ink better. Kat is just too immature for me.
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female
Number of posts : 14194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio........:)
Registration date : 2007-10-29

American Chopper Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Chopper   American Chopper Icon_minipostedThu Feb 21, 2008 2:45 pm

Wonder if Brandon wishes he would've thought of this as a Mott fundraiser?
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Number of posts : 7415
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

American Chopper Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Chopper   American Chopper Icon_minipostedThu Sep 11, 2008 9:41 am

I love this show! I havent seen it in quite a while though. : /
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/baseballer41001
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

American Chopper Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Chopper   American Chopper Icon_minipostedThu Sep 11, 2008 9:56 am

Sons of Anarchy is better!
Back to top Go down
detroitwings82
Lakeland Flying Tiger
Lakeland Flying Tiger
detroitwings82

Male
Number of posts : 903
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd jones
Registration date : 2008-08-28

American Chopper Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Chopper   American Chopper Icon_minipostedFri Sep 12, 2008 8:37 am

ya that show look sawesome has it even aired yet ??
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazywhitebro
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore

American Chopper Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Chopper   American Chopper Icon_minipostedFri Sep 12, 2008 8:41 am

Yeah it has, watch TV more kid.
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

American Chopper Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Chopper   American Chopper Icon_minipostedFri Sep 12, 2008 9:03 am

detroitwings82 wrote:
ya that show look sawesome has it even aired yet ??

Two episodes so far!
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male

American Chopper Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Chopper   American Chopper Icon_minipostedFri Sep 12, 2008 9:19 am

Is it good lap?
Back to top Go down
detroitwings82
Lakeland Flying Tiger
Lakeland Flying Tiger
detroitwings82

Male

American Chopper Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Chopper   American Chopper Icon_minipostedFri Sep 12, 2008 9:20 am

sorry i havent been able to watch tv i have been so stuck with football its rediculous
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male

American Chopper Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Chopper   American Chopper Icon_minipostedFri Sep 12, 2008 9:45 am

erm, cross country aint easy kid. then my homework, maybe a job soon, and trying to keep my head on at my house.
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

American Chopper Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Chopper   American Chopper Icon_minipostedFri Sep 12, 2008 11:06 am

gdennis59 wrote:
Is it good lap?

I've enjoyed it...it's almost a Robin Hood thing in that this motorcycle club is "protecting" its small town while doing gun running and other illegal stuff.
Katey Segal (remember her from "Married with Children"?) is a baaaaaaaaaaad girl in this series!
Back to top Go down
detroitwings82
Lakeland Flying Tiger
Lakeland Flying Tiger
detroitwings82

Male

American Chopper Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Chopper   American Chopper Icon_minipostedWed Sep 17, 2008 8:23 am

koool sounds good
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

American Chopper Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Chopper   American Chopper Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

American Chopper
Page 1 of 1