DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

For all you Stooges fans, yet another film

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female
Number of posts : 14194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio........:)
Registration date : 2007-10-29

For all you Stooges fans, yet another film Empty
PostSubject: For all you Stooges fans, yet another film   For all you Stooges fans, yet another film Icon_minipostedThu Mar 26, 2009 12:14 am

'Three Stooges' coming together at MGM

Wed Mar 25, 2009, 02:54 PM ET • Source: Hollywood Reporter

Nyuk-nyuk-nyuk.

MGM and the Farrelly brothers are finally slapping together their high-profile cast for "The Three Stooges," a comedy project the filmmakers have been developing for years. Sean Penn is set to play Larry, and Jim Carrey is in negotiations to play Curly. Benicio del Toro is a rumored possibility for the brothers' taciturn leader, Moe.

The studio is looking to start production in the fall for a 2010 release slot.

The project was originally set up at Columbia, which produced the 1930s Stooges shorts. C3 Entertainment Inc., which holds the licensing rights to the Stooges brand, then sold the feature rights to Warner Bros. in 2001 for the Farrellys to write and produce the movie. Eventually, Warner Bros. let the rights lapse and MGM's Mary Parent scooped them up along with the Farrellys' continuing participation.

Peter and Bobby Farrelly wrote the script, which Bobby has referenced as "Dumb, Dumber & Dumbest," and will produce with Bradley Thomas and Charlie Wessler. Earl and Robert Benjamin of C3 will executive produce.

The film is not a biopic but a fictional treatment that maintains the Stooges' gleeful slap schtick updated for a modern milieu.

Originally constructed as four separate shorts, the feature screenplay has since been streamlined into a single narrative. Included in the story line is an opening that shows the Stooges as kids in an orphanage, a device that will require some "Benjamin Button"-style visual trickery to place the adult actors' heads on child actors' bodies.

The Stooges maintain remarkably global brand recognition, and their shorts, films and cartoons are still broadcast in 30 countries. The Farrelly brothers' latest comedy "The Heartbreak Kid" grossed $124 million worldwide.

Penn is repped by CAA, Carrey by CAA and the Miller Co.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

PostSubject: Re: For all you Stooges fans, yet another film   For all you Stooges fans, yet another film Icon_minipostedThu Mar 26, 2009 12:37 am

Something tells me this will be terrible.

I'll be the first to admit I'm not a huge fan of the Three Stooges, but I'm especially not a fan of remakes of anything that was any good in the first place since it is always awful. I can't think of a single remake that was any good provided the original was good (there aren't many remakes of bad films that turned out good either...The Maltese Falcon being one of the notable good remakes).
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: For all you Stooges fans, yet another film   For all you Stooges fans, yet another film Icon_minipostedThu Mar 26, 2009 12:08 pm

I liked the movie that featured Michael Chiklis as Curly. And this one says it's not a biopic, which makes it even less appealing.
Hard to improve on the original.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: For all you Stooges fans, yet another film   For all you Stooges fans, yet another film Icon_minipostedThu Mar 26, 2009 2:22 pm

laprimamirala wrote:

Hard to improve on the original.

But Hollywood will try. Why be creative and original when you can copy something old?

I'm still waiting for the remake of Citizen Kane. I mean there's so much to improve on from the original Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: For all you Stooges fans, yet another film   For all you Stooges fans, yet another film Icon_minipostedThu Mar 26, 2009 2:32 pm

They've attempted Gone with the Wind sequel, sadly enough.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: For all you Stooges fans, yet another film   For all you Stooges fans, yet another film Icon_minipostedThu Mar 26, 2009 5:33 pm

What the fuck?

Why?

Can't some things remain sacred
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: For all you Stooges fans, yet another film   For all you Stooges fans, yet another film Icon_minipostedThu Mar 26, 2009 5:55 pm

I rather watch the original Stooges
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: For all you Stooges fans, yet another film   For all you Stooges fans, yet another film Icon_minipostedThu Mar 26, 2009 5:56 pm

me too
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: For all you Stooges fans, yet another film   For all you Stooges fans, yet another film Icon_minipostedThu Mar 26, 2009 5:57 pm

laprimamirala wrote:
me too

They should make a Family Guy Movie instead
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: For all you Stooges fans, yet another film   For all you Stooges fans, yet another film Icon_minipostedThu Mar 26, 2009 5:58 pm

Heck

I rather see American Dad as an animated film instead of a movie with new stooges
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: For all you Stooges fans, yet another film   For all you Stooges fans, yet another film Icon_minipostedThu Mar 26, 2009 6:03 pm

Especially Sean Penn! You'd think he'd be a little pickier about his projects now that he's just won an Oscar!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: For all you Stooges fans, yet another film   For all you Stooges fans, yet another film Icon_minipostedThu Mar 26, 2009 6:13 pm

laprimamirala wrote:
Especially Sean Penn! You'd think he'd be a little pickier about his projects now that he's just won an Oscar!

Yeah

Could be worse though

Seth Rogen could be in it
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: For all you Stooges fans, yet another film   For all you Stooges fans, yet another film Icon_minipostedThu Mar 26, 2009 8:37 pm

laprimamirala wrote:
They've attempted Gone with the Wind sequel, sadly enough.

Sergio Leone always said his dream was to do a remake of that movie which is kind of odd given that he was a well-respected director and his films were of a vastly different drama.

As for the sequel, that's a little more understanding since it doesn't try to redo the old film, just continue the story. Still not necessary though, I hate how Hollywood has to have 10 sequels to every movie.

There was no sequel to Citizen Kane, Casablanca, or almost any other good classic movie.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: For all you Stooges fans, yet another film   For all you Stooges fans, yet another film Icon_minipostedThu Mar 26, 2009 8:39 pm

laprimamirala wrote:

He just won his second Oscar. No male actor has ever won 3 in a leading role.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: For all you Stooges fans, yet another film   For all you Stooges fans, yet another film Icon_minipostedFri Mar 27, 2009 5:40 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
laprimamirala wrote:

He sure as hell won't win a third doing a Three Stooges remake movie
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: For all you Stooges fans, yet another film   For all you Stooges fans, yet another film Icon_minipostedSat Mar 28, 2009 4:59 am

gs78 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
laprimamirala wrote:

He sure as hell won't win a third doing a Three Stooges remake movie

LMAO

Not unless he slips the academy some acid first.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: For all you Stooges fans, yet another film   For all you Stooges fans, yet another film Icon_minipostedSat Mar 28, 2009 5:02 am

While we're on the subject of remakes, let's make a list of remakes that are better than the original.

I'll start.....

The Maltese Falcon (which is actually the second remake) is by far the greatest remake ever. Nobody has heard of the other two movies and when you mention the remake people think you're crazy because the version with Humphrey Bogart is great. That version is the remake.

Ben-Hur I haven't seen the silent version but the non-silent version is pretty well-respected so I'll guess it's better than the other version. This doesn't really count since it's hard to compare silent films to talkies.

That's all I've got :shrug:

I'd say The Ten Commandments is better than the silent version, but the version with Charlton Heston is pretty bad so who cares if it's better than the original?
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: For all you Stooges fans, yet another film   For all you Stooges fans, yet another film Icon_minipostedSat Mar 28, 2009 5:54 am

There was a silent version of The Scarlet Pimpernel, but I just saw the 1934 Alex Korda version starring Leslie Howard. MUCH better.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: For all you Stooges fans, yet another film   For all you Stooges fans, yet another film Icon_minipostedSat Mar 28, 2009 2:58 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
While we're on the subject of remakes, let's make a list of remakes that are better than the original.

I'll start.....

The Maltese Falcon (which is actually the second remake) is by far the greatest remake ever. Nobody has heard of the other two movies and when you mention the remake people think you're crazy because the version with Humphrey Bogart is great. That version is the remake.

Ben-Hur I haven't seen the silent version but the non-silent version is pretty well-respected so I'll guess it's better than the other version. This doesn't really count since it's hard to compare silent films to talkies.

That's all I've got :shrug:

I'd say The Ten Commandments is better than the silent version, but the version with Charlton Heston is pretty bad so who cares if it's better than the original?

Nod
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: For all you Stooges fans, yet another film   For all you Stooges fans, yet another film Icon_minipostedSat Mar 28, 2009 4:41 pm

laprimamirala wrote:
There was a silent version of The Scarlet Pimpernel, but I just saw the 1934 Alex Korda version starring Leslie Howard. MUCH better.

So we're up to three?

I still say silent-->talkie remakes don't count since the two types of films are so vastly different.

The Maltese Falcon remains the only real one I can think of.

Still, the first remake of The Maltese Falcon, Satan Met a Lady really sucked - it was worse than the original 1931 version. It wasn't until the 1941 remake that they got it right.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: For all you Stooges fans, yet another film   For all you Stooges fans, yet another film Icon_minipostedSat Mar 28, 2009 4:43 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
laprimamirala wrote:

So we're up to three?

I still say silent-->talkie remakes don't count since the two types of films are so vastly different.

Still, the first remake of The Maltese Falcon, Satan Met a Lady really sucked - it was worse than the original 1931 version. It wasn't until the 1941 remake that they got it right.

The New Three Stooges Movie won't make it Four
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: For all you Stooges fans, yet another film   For all you Stooges fans, yet another film Icon_minipostedSat Mar 28, 2009 4:44 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
laprimamirala wrote:

So we're up to three?

Well, this is a different situation...the remakes since the 1934 movie are not as good!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For all you Stooges fans, yet another film   For all you Stooges fans, yet another film Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

For all you Stooges fans, yet another film
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: Off Topic :: WHATEVER!-
Jump to: