DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Rashomon (1950)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Rashomon (1950) Empty
PostSubject: Rashomon (1950)   Rashomon (1950) Icon_minipostedMon Jan 26, 2009 4:15 am

Akira Kurosawa's Rashomon (羅生門,) is about the rape of a woman and murder of her husband. The film is a frame story with several layers. The film gives several accounts of what exactly happened by several witnesses told by another narrator who himself is also a witness. I did not find this film particularly enjoyable because it was fairly repetitive. While the details of each person's account are different, they were all basically the same - a bandit seduces a woman, ties her husband up, and gets into a sword fight with the husband. The audience never knows exactly what happened and I suppose that's supposed to make this film better.

This film is generally regarded as one of the finest examples of Japanese cinema and a masterpiece of cinema in general. Sight and Sound magazine ranks this film as one of the ten best films ever made. I hate to disagree with critics, but I found very little to like in this film. Parts of it were okay, but overall I found this to be below average.

69/100
D+

UP NEXT: To be determined
Back to top Go down

Rashomon (1950)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: Off Topic :: Movies-
Jump to: