DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

TG's Rowing Thread

Go down 
+5
catbox_9
bobrob2004
gdennis59
gs78
TG
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female
Number of posts : 8073
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I don't even know anymore.
Registration date : 2007-10-05

TG's Rowing Thread Empty
PostSubject: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread Icon_minipostedTue Jan 20, 2009 9:17 pm

Winning boats, boats that are made, and other information will be posted here.

Mandatory practices starts March 9th. Right now is conditoning.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

TG's Rowing Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread Icon_minipostedTue Jan 20, 2009 9:20 pm

Conditioning today hurt. Bad. We did lunges around the bottom square of school and had to do lots of punishments. Tomorrow is gonna be worse though.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

TG's Rowing Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread Icon_minipostedWed Jan 21, 2009 7:19 pm

My legs and arms hurt like hell. I was only at conditioning for like 45 minutes. But I hurt. Cals weren't that bad, but weight room sucked. Especially bench pressing. UGH.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

TG's Rowing Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread Icon_minipostedWed Jan 21, 2009 7:23 pm

TG wrote:
My legs and arms hurt like hell. I was only at conditioning for like 45 minutes. But I hurt. Cals weren't that bad, but weight room sucked. Especially bench pressing. UGH.

Ouch!

Go TG! go team
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

TG's Rowing Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread Icon_minipostedWed Jan 21, 2009 7:24 pm

Smile

I must say it wasn't nearly as bad as yesterday though. We had to do sprints around the school between excercises.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

TG's Rowing Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread Icon_minipostedWed Jan 21, 2009 7:26 pm

Cool
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

TG's Rowing Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread Icon_minipostedMon Jan 26, 2009 11:08 pm

So today I only did a half hour of conditioning... but it was pretty difficult. We had to do these things, and for some reason my mind decided to fail me right now and I can't think of what they are called (something about australia?).... I showed up right when they started so I got put in a group of 4 guys. The guys were great, really nice and everything... but they run really fast. And you have to keep pace with your group and the person in the back has to sprint to the front, and it goes on and on like that. Zack (one of the guys in my group) took my place running to the front multiple times because I couldn't.

So yah... it was a rough day.
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Number of posts : 7415
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

TG's Rowing Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread Icon_minipostedMon Jan 26, 2009 11:18 pm

Thats called and Indian run, we do those in XC all the time. For like an hour and a half.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/baseballer41001
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646

TG's Rowing Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread Icon_minipostedMon Jan 26, 2009 11:38 pm

Row, row, row your boat, gently down the stream...whistle
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander

TG's Rowing Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread Icon_minipostedMon Jan 26, 2009 11:41 pm

merrily merrily merrily merrily life is but a dream
Back to top Go down
swiss_tiger
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
swiss_tiger

Male
Number of posts : 1760
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Inge, Inge, Inge and hhmmm Inge. ;-)

TG's Rowing Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread Icon_minipostedTue Jan 27, 2009 6:25 am

I want to hear everyone loud and clear!
TG's Rowing Thread Row_yo10
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

TG's Rowing Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread Icon_minipostedTue Jan 27, 2009 9:37 am

whistle
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Number of posts : 7415
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

TG's Rowing Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread Icon_minipostedTue Jan 27, 2009 1:54 pm

Sorry Swiss, this flu dont let me talk that loud, let alone sing!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/baseballer41001
iluvpudge7
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
iluvpudge7

Female
Number of posts : 2194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Not sure yet...

TG's Rowing Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread Icon_minipostedTue Jan 27, 2009 4:27 pm

swiss_tiger wrote:

LMAO
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

TG's Rowing Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread Icon_minipostedTue Jan 27, 2009 6:19 pm

iluvpudge7 wrote:
swiss_tiger wrote:

LMAO

clap
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

TG's Rowing Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread Icon_minipostedWed Jan 28, 2009 7:46 am

OH YAH! I'm amazing!

You are supposed to go to the new ergs (rowing machines) when you are varsity, and go to the older ones (in the back) if you are novice. So I go to the back and start erging and a new coach comes up and asks why I'm in the back and not on the new ergs... I told him because I'm not varsity and he didn't believe me. He was like "wow, you are really good at this. Have you been on a different school's team?" and then after a while he walked away and was correcting people and came back and was just like wow your good.

I was excited Big Smile
Back to top Go down
swiss_tiger
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
swiss_tiger

Male
Number of posts : 1760
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Inge, Inge, Inge and hhmmm Inge. ;-)

TG's Rowing Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread Icon_minipostedWed Jan 28, 2009 7:59 am

thumbs up did you sing the song while doing your training? Wink
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

TG's Rowing Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread Icon_minipostedWed Jan 28, 2009 8:05 am

gdennis59 wrote:
Thats called and Indian run, we do those in XC all the time. For like an hour and a half.
No It's Australian Pursuit. It's the same thing though, because my best friend (in cross country) says thats what they call it. But yesterday coach decided to be evil and made us run hour and a half pieces, then erg, then do cals instead of doing running, cals, then aulstralian pursuit.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

TG's Rowing Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread Icon_minipostedWed Jan 28, 2009 8:07 am

swiss_tiger wrote:
thumbs up did you sing the song while doing your training? Wink
No because I didn't look at this thread before training yesterday! haha. But at the 4th of July parade we were in it and the judges told us to sing that song, but we started singing small town girl (because this is a really small town), and then we got first place.

We do read little kids books during wall sits and planks though.....
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

TG's Rowing Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread Icon_minipostedThu Jan 29, 2009 7:24 pm

So I collapsed at conditioning today.... Twice. I ate this morning before school but hadn't ate since.

The first time I was doing cals and I just collapsed and couldn't get back up. Jill (varsity rower) helped me up and everything was spinning and I had to use the wall to hold myself up. Then I fell again and I tried to finish the counts that I missed and couldn't and I ended up crying (and I felt really stupid for that). Schooley (coach) made me sit down on the stairs and gave me a whole big long speech about how he doesn't care if I can't make light weight right now I can't starve myself and he wants me to be a good rower and stuff.

He sat with me for about 15 minutes and then got up and told me that I couldn't get up until I could stand without falling down. Well me being stubborn, got up five minutes later and tried to do cals again. It kinda worked....

Well then he made us run again and compete with each other. Well I was waaaay too competitive because I wanted to beat everyone I was running against. The first lap around the school I was alright. The second lap I collapsed again and couldn't get back up. Someone told coach and he ran down and had to help me walk back and made me eat lifesavers because he didn't want me to pass out and have to file an incident report. I had to use the wall to walk back down to his classroom and then he continued to tell me I have to eat....

So basically.... Rowing sucked today.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

TG's Rowing Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread Icon_minipostedThu Jan 29, 2009 7:52 pm

TG wrote:
So I collapsed at conditioning today.... Twice. I ate this morning before school but hadn't ate since.

The first time I was doing cals and I just collapsed and couldn't get back up. Jill (varsity rower) helped me up and everything was spinning and I had to use the wall to hold myself up. Then I fell again and I tried to finish the counts that I missed and couldn't and I ended up crying (and I felt really stupid for that). Schooley (coach) made me sit down on the stairs and gave me a whole big long speech about how he doesn't care if I can't make light weight right now I can't starve myself and he wants me to be a good rower and stuff.

He sat with me for about 15 minutes and then got up and told me that I couldn't get up until I could stand without falling down. Well me being stubborn, got up five minutes later and tried to do cals again. It kinda worked....

Well then he made us run again and compete with each other. Well I was waaaay too competitive because I wanted to beat everyone I was running against. The first lap around the school I was alright. The second lap I collapsed again and couldn't get back up. Someone told coach and he ran down and had to help me walk back and made me eat lifesavers because he didn't want me to pass out and have to file an incident report. I had to use the wall to walk back down to his classroom and then he continued to tell me I have to eat....

That is not good TG

And why are you trying to lose weight

I have seen pictures of you on this board

You are far from being overweight

And shame on any schools and/or coaches that put pressure on athletes to maintain a certain weight class;[ not saying your school is like that ]but you hear similar stories about high school athletes.

That is absurd

Thank God you weren't behind the wheel of a car when this happened
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

TG's Rowing Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread Icon_minipostedThu Jan 29, 2009 8:19 pm

TG, You must eat lunch and you need protein. Also complex carbs the night before. My dad (a baseball and wrestling coach in HS) had me eat things like spaghetti the night before a track meet. He told me to always eat lunch and carry things like lifesavers when working out. It sounds like you sugar level was too low also, TG. That is why your coach had you eat something with sugar (simple carbs). Simple carbs are good for short term, but you need complex carbs that are slower burning to keep strong.

Ask your coach for a diet that includes the nutrition you need.
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

TG's Rowing Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread Icon_minipostedThu Jan 29, 2009 8:20 pm

GoGetEmTigers wrote:
TG, You must eat lunch and you need protein. Also complex carbs the night before. My dad (a baseball and wrestling coach in HS) had me eat things like spaghetti the night before a track meet. He told me to always eat lunch and carry things like lifesavers when working out. It sounds like you sugar level was too low also, TG. That is why your coach had you eat something with sugar (simple carbs). Simple carbs are good for short term, but you need complex carbs that are slower burning to keep strong.

thumbs up
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

TG's Rowing Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread Icon_minipostedThu Jan 29, 2009 8:46 pm

gs78 wrote:
TG wrote:

That is not good TG

And shame on any schools and/or coaches that put pressure on athletes to maintain a certain weight class;[ not saying your school is like that ]but you hear similar stories about high school athletes.

That is absurd

But I have to make light weight boats. Which is 125. I think I'm at like 130 or something now, so I need to lose 5 pounds before march 2nd. The thing is I'm gaining muscle weight so I'm gaining weight, which means I won't make light weight which isn't an option....
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

TG's Rowing Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread Icon_minipostedThu Jan 29, 2009 8:49 pm

GoGetEmTigers wrote:

I know. I need to start eating more Neutral Ms. Kleinsmith (swimming coach) walked up and told me I need to keep some type of school in my locker so that I don't get like this. I was shaking soooo bad today. And the second time I fell I couldn't walk at all. Coach pretty much had to carry me back. It was bad....
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

TG's Rowing Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread Icon_minipostedFri Jan 30, 2009 5:12 pm

TG wrote:
gs78 wrote:
TG wrote:

That is not good TG

That is absurd

But I have to make light weight boats. Which is 125. I think I'm at like 130 or something now, so I need to lose 5 pounds before march 2nd. The thing is I'm gaining muscle weight so I'm gaining weight, which means I won't make light weight which isn't an option....

But how tall are you TG

If you are shorter in stature; 125 might be ideal weight

But if you are taller; 130 pounds is probably an ideal weight for you

Do what you have to do; but be careful; making weight isn't worth it if you end in the hospital with an IV in you because of it

Getting back to body weight

Look at those Hollywood Supermodels

They all like near 6ft but barely weigh 100 pounds

That isn't healthy either
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

TG's Rowing Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread Icon_minipostedFri Jan 30, 2009 6:09 pm

[quote="gs78"]
TG wrote:

But how tall are you TG

Do what you have to do; but be careful; making weight isn't worth it if you end in the hospital with an IV in you because of it

Well I'm not tall. About 5'4".
And I'll be careful. Coach told me that if I don't eat I can't be on the team because I can't practice. So I just need to work really really hard and I'll be fine.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

TG's Rowing Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread Icon_minipostedSat Jan 31, 2009 8:37 pm

My mom is pissed off at me because I said I have to lose weight for rowing.... And she was like wtf why do you have to lose weight you don't HAVE to make light weight. And I was like yah I do because you have no chance at scholarship money without being light weight. And she got mad.

Then my brother told her that I need to be in rowing to get in shape and that she needs to leave me alone because I need to lose weight. Which was kinda offensive but true still.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

TG's Rowing Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread Icon_minipostedMon Feb 02, 2009 7:33 pm

[quote="TG"]
gs78 wrote:
TG wrote:

But how tall are you TG

Well I'm not tall. About 5'4".
And I'll be careful. Coach told me that if I don't eat I can't be on the team because I can't practice. So I just need to work really really hard and I'll be fine.

So if you weigh in at 126

you are off the team

What?

I guess the entire rowboat will sink because a member of the team is one pound too heavy
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

TG's Rowing Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread Icon_minipostedMon Feb 02, 2009 7:37 pm

TG wrote:
My mom is pissed off at me because I said I have to lose weight for rowing.... And she was like wtf why do you have to lose weight you don't HAVE to make light weight. And I was like yah I do because you have no chance at scholarship money without being light weight. And she got mad.

Then my brother told her that I need to be in rowing to get in shape and that she needs to leave me alone because I need to lose weight. Which was kinda offensive but true still.

Sounds like you aren't haven't much fun

And playing sports should be

You gonna put too much pressure on yourself worrying about maintaining weight and getting a scholarship

Hope it all works out for ya

cross fingers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TG's Rowing Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

TG's Rowing Thread
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next