DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

The Last Emperor (1987)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

The Last Emperor (1987) Empty
PostSubject: The Last Emperor (1987)   The Last Emperor (1987) Icon_minipostedSat Jan 17, 2009 3:15 am

The Last Emperor tells the story of the life of Puyi, China's last emperor. The films pretty much tells the story of his life from his coronation at age 3 until his death in 1967. The film is set up like a frame story. In this part of the story, Puyi is in a prison and tells the story of his life before being imprisoned. There are also flash forwards to his life after prison. While this film was highly-acclaimed, I found it rather dull.

The role of the emperor is played by John Lone. He plays the emperor from about age 18 until his death at age 61 so he has pretty good range. The film stars Peter O'Toole in a supporting role, but he wasn't all that interesting.

This film was very well received by critics. The film was nominated for nine Academy Awards, including best picture, and won all nine of them. While I did not find the film all that enjoyable, I agree with most of these Oscars. The film won for categories like original music, costume design, and cinematography. This film was very artistic in nature so I can't imagine another film was better in those categories. The Academy tends to favor epic films and this film is indeed an epic so it's probably worthy of best picture in addition to its other awards.

68/100
D+

UP NEXT: Aguirre: The Wrath of God
Back to top Go down

The Last Emperor (1987)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: Off Topic :: Movies-
Jump to: