DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

BCS Championship Game

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

BCS Championship Game Empty
PostSubject: BCS Championship Game   BCS Championship Game Icon_minipostedThu Jan 08, 2009 7:01 pm

Finally!

The big game is tonight
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

PostSubject: Re: BCS Championship Game   BCS Championship Game Icon_minipostedThu Jan 08, 2009 7:55 pm

Go Oklahoma!

I hate, hate, hate Tim Tebow. Go Sooners!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: BCS Championship Game   BCS Championship Game Icon_minipostedThu Jan 08, 2009 8:27 pm

Oklahoma 26 Florida 21

That my prediction
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: BCS Championship Game   BCS Championship Game Icon_minipostedThu Jan 08, 2009 8:28 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
Go Oklahoma!

I hate, hate, hate Tim Tebow. Go Sooners!

Tebow is so overrated

He sucks
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: BCS Championship Game   BCS Championship Game Icon_minipostedFri Jan 09, 2009 12:55 am

Son of a bitch rant grouch Mad

I'm so pissed off. I'd have rather seen fucking Ohio State win it than Tebow. If I have to hear another word about how fucking great he is I'm going to kill somebody. All game long all those announcers did was go on and on about how he's the greatest thing ever and how accurate he is. If he's so fucking accurate why'd he only complete 60% of his passes....he was 12-24 at one point before completing the last 6. Bradford won the Heisman but all those announcers talked about how was how great Tebow is... "if you spend even 5 minutes with him you're a better person".

He seems like a jerk to me. Every time his team made a play he would showboat - that looks like an arrogant jerk to me. Then I have to listen to him talk and go on and on about how god loves him so much more than everyone else and that's why his team won. I don't care if you want be religious but stop preaching to me. The reason you won has nothing to do with god - why should god like Florida more than Oklahoma? I don't think the Bible begins "In the beginning god created Florida".
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: BCS Championship Game   BCS Championship Game Icon_minipostedFri Jan 09, 2009 12:58 am

Tebow won't amount to shit in the NFL. He's just another Michael Vick...only he doesn't kill dogs. Then again he was born in the Philippines so he might eat them.

Some moron team - probably the Lions - will draft him high and pay him a ton of money. He'll try to run all over the place, get killed, and never be worth a shit. He'll make a shitload of money and never have to put his degree (if he earns it) in Family, Youth and Community Sciences to any use.

NOTE: That wasn't really fair. I'll apologize to the people of the Philippines. Who is to say which animals are more suitable for eating. Americans sure eat a lot of cow but to Hindus (who are the most numerous of all religions) eating cows is wrong.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: BCS Championship Game   BCS Championship Game Icon_minipostedFri Jan 09, 2009 4:59 am

Tebow wins Championship game MVP rant

What the hell for? His numbers are a little misleading - he got a ton of his yards at the end of the game where he went 6-6 on the last drive. Before that he completed half his passes. He ended up with 231 passing yards - a hell of a game for him. He also ran for 109. On this night he had 340 yards which is more than his average.

Harvin should have been player of the game - he was way better than Tim Tebow who also gave 2 gift interceptions to the Sooners. Both of Bradford's INTs were originally caught by Sooners who lost the ball due to their incompetence - that's not Bradford's fault.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: BCS Championship Game   BCS Championship Game Icon_minipostedFri Jan 09, 2009 5:12 am

Oh yeah, great guy Tebow, so humble and meek, got a 15 yard penalty for taunting. If only I could spend 5 minutes with him - I would be a better person Rolling Eyes

Barry Sanders never did that shit.
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Number of posts : 7415
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: BCS Championship Game   BCS Championship Game Icon_minipostedFri Jan 09, 2009 8:46 am

While I can agree with you on some that, Cat, I mus disagree to some extent.

Dont take anything away from Tebow, he won a Heisman, and probably will blossom someday in the NFL.

I was rooting for Florida, mainly because I figured they had more athleticism, with Harvin returning especially. Harvin did suptacular.

I think Florida earned this one, but Tebow probably shouldnt have gotten MVP, since he threw a couple picks, but he did run for 100 yards and throw for 230. If you look at it, thats a good day for most people anyway.

And the penalty: I think I woulda taunted too, just not on purpose. I woulda been hyped up that my team was on a way to possibly winnin a national title. I mean, I cant really blame him, but everything stated is disputable.

I kinda hope that was an OK argument...... =/
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/baseballer41001
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: BCS Championship Game   BCS Championship Game Icon_minipostedFri Jan 09, 2009 4:19 pm

Humble guys don't get taunting penalties.

Barry Sanders was once asked why he never did anything but give the ball to the referee when he scored. His reply was he put his hand up in the air in college once and felt like a jerk so he never did it again.

Rule #1 in sportsmanship: Act like you've been there before
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: BCS Championship Game   BCS Championship Game Icon_minipostedFri Jan 09, 2009 4:28 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
Tebow won't amount to shit in the NFL. He's just another Michael Vick...only he doesn't kill dogs. Then again he was born in the Philippines so he might eat them.

Some moron team - probably the Lions - will draft him high and pay him a ton of money. He'll try to run all over the place, get killed, and never be worth a shit. He'll make a shitload of money and never have to put his degree (if he earns it) in Family, Youth and Community Sciences to any use.

NOTE: That wasn't really fair. I'll apologize to the people of the Philippines. Who is to say which animals are more suitable for eating. Americans sure eat a lot of cow but to Hindus (who are the most numerous of all religions) eating cows is wrong.

At least Vick had a few decent years in the NFL

Before he became a dog killer

Tebow gonna end up like Ryan Leaf

Just watch
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: BCS Championship Game   BCS Championship Game Icon_minipostedFri Jan 09, 2009 4:33 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
Son of a bitch rant grouch Mad

I'm so pissed off. I'd have rather seen fucking Ohio State win it than Tebow. If I have to hear another word about how fucking great he is I'm going to kill somebody. All game long all those announcers did was go on and on about how he's the greatest thing ever and how accurate he is. If he's so fucking accurate why'd he only complete 60% of his passes....he was 12-24 at one point before completing the last 6. Bradford won the Heisman but all those announcers talked about how was how great Tebow is... "if you spend even 5 minutes with him you're a better person".

He seems like a jerk to me. Every time his team made a play he would showboat - that looks like an arrogant jerk to me. Then I have to listen to him talk and go on and on about how god loves him so much more than everyone else and that's why his team won. I don't care if you want be religious but stop preaching to me. The reason you won has nothing to do with god - why should god like Florida more than Oklahoma? I don't think the Bible begins "In the beginning god created Florida".

Tebow is the most overrated and overhyped player ever

I don't care how many games he won in college or Heisman trophies

Being a star QB in college is not the same as the pros

Vince Young and Matt Leinart were huge stars in college

They riding the bench in the NFL
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: BCS Championship Game   BCS Championship Game Icon_minipostedFri Jan 09, 2009 4:42 pm

I see Tebow as more of a Jason White or Eric Crouch type player. They both won the Heisman.

He could be another Troy Smith, too.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: BCS Championship Game   BCS Championship Game Icon_minipostedFri Jan 09, 2009 4:43 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
I see Tebow as more of a Jason White or Eric Crouch type player. They both won the Heisman.

He could be another Troy Smith, too.

Those guys rule lol2
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: BCS Championship Game   BCS Championship Game Icon_minipostedFri Jan 09, 2009 4:50 pm

Also people need to consider this...

Of the former Heisman Trophy winners, only 8 are in the NFL Hall of Fame - Barry Sanders is the most recent. Barry Sanders was the 54th Heisman Trophy winner. Not counting everyone since Sanders, 14.8% make the Hall of Fame.

I think it's safe to say that Andre Ware, Ty Detmer, Desmond Howard, Gino Torretta, Charlie Ward, Rashaan Salaam, Danny Wuerffel, Ron Dayne, Chris Weinke, Eric Crouch, and Jason White won't make it either. Including them, 12.3% make the HOF.

A better predictor is being 1st overall in the draft - 11 players have made the HOF that way, Troy Aikman being the most recent. He was the 53rd player selected first. That means 20.8% make it. There's plenty of busts there so that's not a great way to tell either.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: BCS Championship Game   BCS Championship Game Icon_minipostedFri Jan 09, 2009 5:06 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
Also people need to consider this...

Of the former Heisman Trophy winners, only 8 are in the NFL Hall of Fame - Barry Sanders is the most recent. Barry Sanders was the 54th Heisman Trophy winner. Not counting everyone since Sanders, 14.8% make the Hall of Fame.

I think it's safe to say that Andre Ware, Ty Detmer, Desmond Howard, Gino Torretta, Charlie Ward, Rashaan Salaam, Danny Wuerffel, Ron Dayne, Chris Weinke, Eric Crouch, and Jason White won't make it either. Including them, 12.3% make the HOF.

A better predictor is being 1st overall in the draft - 11 players have made the HOF that way, Troy Aikman being the most recent. He was the 53rd player selected first. That means 20.8% make it. There's plenty of busts there so that's not a great way to tell either.

Thanks for those stats

The odds are against Tebow to be great in the NFL Big Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BCS Championship Game   BCS Championship Game Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

BCS Championship Game
Page 1 of 1