DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Edgar Renteria

Go down 
+7
swiss_tiger
catbox_9
tigersaint
GoGetEmTigers
SoulRat
mrsrabelo
bobrob2004
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
SoulRat
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
SoulRat

Female
Number of posts : 9935
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I like fish at the moment....
Registration date : 2007-10-04

Edgar Renteria - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Edgar Renteria   Edgar Renteria - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Oct 30, 2007 11:00 am

swiss_tiger wrote:
Giving away Jurrjens is good for Miller i guess! Increases his chances of getting a place in the rotation next year.
Should make SoulRat really happy! Smile

You would think that, but all it does is make me nervous. I REALLY wanted them to leave Miller in the minors for at least a year, trading away JJ now makes me think they are going to continue to rush Andrew long before he's ready.

Unless he takes significant strides this winter in not only developing and learning some off speed pitches, but having enough confidence to actually THROW them in a game, I'm afraid he'll just be another Bondo.
Back to top Go down
swiss_tiger
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
swiss_tiger

Male
Number of posts : 1760
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Inge, Inge, Inge and hhmmm Inge. ;-)
Registration date : 2007-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Edgar Renteria   Edgar Renteria - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Oct 30, 2007 11:17 am

That's a good point there SoulRat. Thats exactly what it looks like at the moment. I really really hope they will give him enough time to develop and learn!
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Edgar Renteria   Edgar Renteria - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Oct 30, 2007 12:12 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
swiss_tiger wrote:
Giving away Jurrjens is good for Miller i guess! Increases his chances of getting a place in the rotation next year.

Yeah, but she's worried that he's not ready! I think she's going to be disappointed with Mr. Miller no matter what!

That's not true, I wasn't disappointed with Miller at all this year. I think he has amazing talent and he'll be totally awesome as soon as he learns a few things that only a bit of experience in the minors will teach him.

I was, and still am, disappointed in the management for throwing him to the wolves and then leaving him there to get chewed up long after everyone and their brother knew he wasn't ready.
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Edgar Renteria   Edgar Renteria - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Oct 30, 2007 12:15 pm

swiss_tiger wrote:
That's a good point there SoulRat. Thats exactly what it looks like at the moment. I really really hope they will give him enough time to develop and learn!

I really really hope so too. But I'm not holding my breath. This move seems to me like either they are going to make a move for another veteran pitcher, or they already believe Miller will be in the starting rotation come opening day.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander

PostSubject: Re: Edgar Renteria   Edgar Renteria - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Oct 30, 2007 1:09 pm

SoulRat wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
swiss_tiger wrote:

Yeah, but she's worried that he's not ready! I think she's going to be disappointed with Mr. Miller no matter what!

That's not true, I wasn't disappointed with Miller at all this year. I think he has amazing talent and he'll be totally awesome as soon as he learns a few things that only a bit of experience in the minors will teach him.

I was, and still am, disappointed in the management for throwing him to the wolves and then leaving him there to get chewed up long after everyone and their brother knew he wasn't ready.
What I meant was if they put him in DET you'll be disappointed in thhe fact that you have to sit and watch him waste his talent becayse he'll never develop into anything. If they send him to the minors you'lll be mad because you won't get to seee him. It's a lose-lose situation.
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Edgar Renteria   Edgar Renteria - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Oct 30, 2007 1:11 pm

Well yes, LOL booooooooo at the whole situation Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646

PostSubject: Re: Edgar Renteria   Edgar Renteria - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Oct 31, 2007 2:30 pm

This is what he looks like!:

Edgar Renteria - Page 2 Xt.fss-l.mlb.com-p.3845
Back to top Go down
mrsrabelo
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
mrsrabelo

Female
Number of posts : 2284
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Jeff Larish | Fish: Mike Rabelo | Rockie: Jason Grilli | Bullpen catcher: Scott Pickens

PostSubject: Re: Edgar Renteria   Edgar Renteria - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Oct 31, 2007 2:31 pm

They already have a picture of him with the "D" hat on somewhere.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hotpinkangel09
mrsrabelo
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
mrsrabelo

Female
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Jeff Larish | Fish: Mike Rabelo | Rockie: Jason Grilli | Bullpen catcher: Scott Pickens

PostSubject: Re: Edgar Renteria   Edgar Renteria - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Oct 31, 2007 2:32 pm

Oh yeah. Now that JJ is gone, he was the only other person competing for the 5th starting spot. So most likely Andrew is going to get it unless they give it to someone else, but I am not saying who because everyone will laugh!
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander

PostSubject: Re: Edgar Renteria   Edgar Renteria - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Oct 31, 2007 2:33 pm

mrsrabelo wrote:
Oh yeah. Now that JJ is gone, he was the only other person competing for the 5th starting spot. So most likely Andrew is going to get it unless they give it to someone else, but I am not saying who because everyone will laugh!

Tata? LMAO
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

bobrob2004

Male

PostSubject: Re: Edgar Renteria   Edgar Renteria - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Oct 31, 2007 2:34 pm

mrsrabelo wrote:
They already have a picture of him with the "D" hat on somewhere.

I tried to find it, but couldn't. So I just posted any old picture I could find. If you can find him in the "D" hat, please post it!
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

bobrob2004

Male

PostSubject: Re: Edgar Renteria   Edgar Renteria - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Oct 31, 2007 2:36 pm

Nevermind...

Edgar Renteria - Page 2 Ph_121074
Back to top Go down
mrsrabelo
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
mrsrabelo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Edgar Renteria   Edgar Renteria - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Oct 31, 2007 2:38 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
mrsrabelo wrote:

Tata? LMAO

No not Tata. I don't think he will be a regular starter, just in the emergency situations or in the bullpen.
Back to top Go down
mrsrabelo
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
mrsrabelo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Edgar Renteria   Edgar Renteria - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Oct 31, 2007 2:38 pm

I think someone either posted the picture here or over there. I cant remember, but I knew I saw it somewhere.
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Edgar Renteria   Edgar Renteria - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Oct 31, 2007 2:43 pm

mrsrabelo wrote:

Grilli?? LMAO LMAO Sorry, I know you like him LMAO
Back to top Go down
mrsrabelo
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
mrsrabelo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Edgar Renteria   Edgar Renteria - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Oct 31, 2007 2:44 pm

SoulRat wrote:
mrsrabelo wrote:

Grilli?? LMAO LMAO Sorry, I know you like him LMAO

See what I mean. You all think its stupid but I would really like it!!! rant Why does everyone hate him anyways?!?
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Edgar Renteria   Edgar Renteria - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Oct 31, 2007 2:45 pm

I don't hate him... he's very nice and a wonderful addition to the community in Detroit!
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Edgar Renteria   Edgar Renteria - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Oct 31, 2007 2:45 pm

He just makes me really really nervous when we walks out of the bullpen.
Back to top Go down
mrsrabelo
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
mrsrabelo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Edgar Renteria   Edgar Renteria - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Oct 31, 2007 2:47 pm

SoulRat wrote:
He just makes me really really nervous when we walks out of the bullpen.

Yeah me too, but I still like him. Thats also how Todd Jones makes me feel. I can't watch him pitch!
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Edgar Renteria   Edgar Renteria - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Oct 31, 2007 2:48 pm

Yeah, I have to leave the room when Jones comes in... usually I have to go find something to drink Drunk
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male
Number of posts : 8973
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : All of 'em, except the BAD ones!!
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Edgar Renteria   Edgar Renteria - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Nov 01, 2007 12:27 am

SoulRat wrote:
I don't hate him... he's very nice and a wonderful addition to the community in Detroit!

LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male

PostSubject: Re: Edgar Renteria   Edgar Renteria - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Nov 01, 2007 12:28 am

ZOOMBOX FOR CLOSER!!
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

bobrob2004

Male

PostSubject: Re: Edgar Renteria   Edgar Renteria - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Nov 01, 2007 11:08 am

Renteria trade good or bad? Colman analyzes

I usually support Detroit Tigers general manager Dave Dombrowski – usually.

But Tuesday’s trade to get 32-year-old shortstop Edgar Renteria from the Atlanta Braves cast doubts on my blind allegiance to Dombrowski. The Tigers traded away too much and acted too quickly in this trade.

While Renteria had a terrific season last year, hitting .332 with 12 home runs, he has been what I would call a “good” shortstop most of his career. What made Renteria stand out in his early days were his speed and base-stealing abilities. Renteria swiped 220 bases in his first eight seasons, but just 54 in his past four seasons.

In baseball today, shortstop is a power position. Renteria’s .291 career batting average is impressive, but he is nowhere among the ranks of Philadelphia Phillies shortstop Jimmy Rollins, New York Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter, New York Mets shortstop Jose Reyes or Florida Marlins shortstop Hanley Ramirez. Granted, these are the top shortstops in the league – but the Tigers traded a lot for Renteria.

Pitcher Jair Jurrjens was a late-season call-up from AA Erie, and at 21 years old, he put up several important performances down the stretch for the Tigers. Say goodbye to him.
Outfielder Gorkys Hernandez was one of the organization’s brighter hitting prospects. He hit .293 with four home runs and 54 stolen bases in Class A West Michigan. Say goodbye to him.

Yes, you have to trade a lot to get a lot. But you can also trade too much.
Granted, the Tigers have what could be called a surplus of young pitching. Andrew Miller, Jeremy Bonderman, Justin Verlander and first-round draft pick Rick Porcello will solidify the rotation for years – if they all pan out. With pitchers, that’s no guarantee.
On the flip side, it could be said that’s also a good reason to deal Jurrjens, as he isn’t destined for superstardom (although we don’t know that he isn’t).

Still, though, the Tigers made this deal after third baseman/former shortstop Alex Rodriguez filed for free agency. Yes, it’s a pipe dream, but it should have been discussed. Had the Tigers signed Rodriguez, Jurrjens could be spared and the Tigers wouldn’t need to spend a large sum on a free agent pitcher to fill the void left by pitcher Kenny Rogers (even though he might return).

Either way, I’m not thrilled with the trade.

Now, if they had traded Virgil Vasquez instead…
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Edgar Renteria   Edgar Renteria - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Nov 01, 2007 2:22 pm

tigersaint wrote:
SoulRat wrote:

LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

Something funny Saint ?
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male

PostSubject: Re: Edgar Renteria   Edgar Renteria - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Nov 01, 2007 7:46 pm

Grilli is funny......
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male

PostSubject: Re: Edgar Renteria   Edgar Renteria - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Nov 01, 2007 7:46 pm

Of course, we ALL would love to have ARod on our team!!

Renteria will help us be better. Winning costs MONEY these days!!
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male

PostSubject: Re: Edgar Renteria   Edgar Renteria - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Nov 01, 2007 7:48 pm

Just think of all the cash we'll save NOT having to pay Jurrjens and Hernandez when they become Suoerstars!!

There's ALWAYS a positive spin available!!
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Edgar Renteria   Edgar Renteria - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Nov 01, 2007 8:38 pm

tigersaint wrote:
Of course, we ALL would love to have ARod on our team!!

Idiot.
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male

PostSubject: Re: Edgar Renteria   Edgar Renteria - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Nov 01, 2007 11:02 pm

Are you telling me you would rather have Brandon Inge over ARod??

Who's the idiot??
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Edgar Renteria   Edgar Renteria - Page 2 Icon_minipostedFri Nov 02, 2007 7:47 am

I don't want Arod. Period. Idiot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Edgar Renteria   Edgar Renteria - Page 2 Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Edgar Renteria
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next