DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Autumn Sonata (1978)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Autumn Sonata (1978) Empty
PostSubject: Autumn Sonata (1978)   Autumn Sonata (1978) Icon_minipostedThu Dec 18, 2008 3:42 am

Ingmar Bergman's Autumn Sonata (Höstsonaten) tells the story of a mother (Ingrid Bergman) who comes to visit her daughter. The mother is a world-famous pianist and was never around for her daughter's life. The film takes place in one night and the two reminisce about life. The plot is very, very simple. I don't really get what the point of this film was, so I didn't particularly care for the plot.

The reason I watched this film is because it's directed by the greatest Swedish director of all-time (Ingmar Bergman) and stars the greatest Swedish actor of all time (Ingrid Bergman - no relation to the director). Bergman the actress is oftentimes brilliant in this film. She was nominated for an Academy Award for this film but did not win obviously as this film is entirely in Swedish and the Academy almost never gives Oscars to foreign films that compete with domestic films.

Overall, I didn't see what the point of this was. The Seventh Seal (also directed by Bergman) was also strange, but in the end I saw a purpose to that film. This film, while well-acted, doesn't really do much. It seems like the audience gets a glimpse at an argument between two random people but that's about it. The critics like this so maybe I'm missing something. Then again, it's one of the later Ingmar Bergman films so perhaps the critics are praising it because the director had earned so many previous praises by the time this came out.

60/100
D-

UP NEXT: To be determined.
Back to top Go down

Autumn Sonata (1978)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: Off Topic :: Movies-
Jump to: