DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Adaptation (2002)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Adaptation (2002) Empty
PostSubject: Adaptation (2002)   Adaptation (2002) Icon_minipostedMon Nov 24, 2008 3:47 am

Spike Jonze's film Adaptation tells the story of a screenwriter's struggle to write a script while his twin brother, who had never previously written a script, is writing a successful one. The main character is trying to write a film based on a book about orchids, but the film could be about almost anything. The film also goes back and forth in time talking about how the book was written and the characters the book was based on. Eventually all the characters from the past and present meet each other leading to a fairly interesting conclusion.

The leads in this film were played by Nicholas Cage and Meryl Streep. They both play their parts fairly well and were nominated for Academy Awards for their performance. Chris Cooper had a fairly significant supporting role and did win an Academy Award for his performance. I didn't find him quite as memorable as Cage, but he was still quite good for a supporting role.

The idea of a film dealing with writer's block is nothing new. In that sense this film is similar to David Lynch's Mulholland Dr. and Frederico Fellini's . I found this film better than Mulholland Dr. but clearly inferior to . Unlike the two aforementioned films, this plot is fairly straightforward. It isn't told in an exactly linear sequence, but it is rather easy to piece together the information presented.

While this film is by no means a bad film, I do not think it accomplished much that didn't already accomplish. This film may be more entertaining than Fellini's film, but I would venture to guess that this film will not be remembered forty years from now whereas will remain one of the crowning achievements of cinema.

71/100
C-

UP NEXT: The penultimate film in my film class, Timecode.
Back to top Go down
detroitwings82
Lakeland Flying Tiger
Lakeland Flying Tiger
detroitwings82

Male
Number of posts : 903
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd jones
Registration date : 2008-08-28

Adaptation (2002) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adaptation (2002)   Adaptation (2002) Icon_minipostedMon Nov 24, 2008 10:57 pm

horible score and doesnt sound to good
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazywhitebro

Adaptation (2002)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: Off Topic :: Movies-
Jump to: