DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

The Graduate (1967)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

The Graduate (1967) Empty
PostSubject: The Graduate (1967)   The Graduate (1967) Icon_minipostedMon Nov 03, 2008 2:41 am

Mike Nichols' film The Graduate tells the story of a recent college graduate wondering what he is going to do with his life. Amidst his confusion he is seduced by an old family friend, Mrs. Robinson, and they have an affair. Eventually he falls in love with the woman's daughter and decides he would like to marry her. While the movie remains mostly funny throughout the film, I found the plot less interesting once the protagonist began pursuing the daughter. Overall, the plot is good but not great.

The two main characters in this film are played by Dustin Hoffman and Anne Bancroft. Hoffman's acting is quite strong early on in the film, but less impressive as the film wears on. Anne Bancroft's portrayal of Mrs. Robinson is probably the best-acted part in the film although she is less significant as the film wears on. The other characters do a fine enough job, but they aren't really worth mentioning.

Although this film is entertaining, it doesn't really accomplish anything. As a recent college graduate myself, I can relate to the main character's confusion with applying to graduate school and living up to expectations, but I'm not sure the film does all that good of a job addressing this as the film wears on. While the subject nature of the film may have been shocking in 1967, it is no longer shocking today and the film doesn't really hold up as well as other films from this era. It's a good film, but falls short of being a great film.

82/100
B-

UP NEXT: To be determined.
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: The Graduate (1967)   The Graduate (1967) Icon_minipostedFri Nov 14, 2008 5:16 pm

I saw this at MSU in 1977. I give it a 75/100.

Like you said, it was more shocking in the late 1960s. Not so much, even by 1977!
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander

PostSubject: Re: The Graduate (1967)   The Graduate (1967) Icon_minipostedFri Nov 14, 2008 10:47 pm

Score logged.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Graduate (1967)   The Graduate (1967) Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

The Graduate (1967)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: Off Topic :: Movies-
Jump to: