DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

TMNT (2007)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646
Registration date : 2007-10-05

TMNT (2007) Empty
PostSubject: TMNT (2007)   TMNT (2007) Icon_minipostedTue Oct 21, 2008 12:59 am

This is the fourth featured film starring the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and the first one completely in CGI animation. The first three came out in the early '90s, so this one marks the first Turtles film in 14 years.

A brief background of the Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles: Started out as a comic book, then later into a successful children's animated tv show. Successful action figures were sold, and then 3 live action films were made. A slow period, then in 2003, another children's animated show started up which still runs to this day. Not all of them continuity run together. Now onto the movie...

Continuity-wise, this takes place after the third featured film. Leonardo was sent to South America to be trained, Rafael took on an alter ego, The Nightwatcher, who helps with crime at night, Donatello is a tech support dude, and Michelangelo is Cowabunga Carl at children's parties. So, the whole team has fallen apart without Leonardo's leadership. April visits him in South America and convinces him to return to the sewer. A new villain is revealed, who is immortal because he released 13 monsters from a different dimension 3000 years ago which has also turned his brothers into stone. He has contacted Kari and the Foot Clan to help gather up his stoned brothers, who will turn back to human when the stars realign again, and the 13 monsters. Now the turtles must somehow reunite as one while sending the monsters back to through the portal which won't open again for another 3000 years. And Kari hints that Shedder will be back in a sequel.

There were some parts that enjoyed while others I just went "eh." The animation didn't bother me too much because they made it believable. It bothered me that April wasn't a tv reporter like all the other incarnations of her. I liked that it was a little darker than the other 3 films while still maintaining the humor. If you're a fan of the Ninja Turtles, definitely see it. Pass on it if you aren't a fan and don't like CGI animation. If they do a sequel (which is more likely than not), I hope that it's live action with the Turtles in CGI.

Halloween RIP Mako

70/100
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander

TMNT (2007) Empty
PostSubject: Re: TMNT (2007)   TMNT (2007) Icon_minipostedTue Oct 21, 2008 5:13 am

The Turtles! :haha: I used to love the Ninja Turtles when I was a little kid. I remember seeing the first 3 movies and getting all excited. I had (and still have in the attic) a ton of action figures, I have all the video games, and I used to watch the TV show religiously. I remember once it was on prime-time and it was like the most exciting thing ever. LMAO
Back to top Go down
detroitwings82
Lakeland Flying Tiger
Lakeland Flying Tiger
detroitwings82

Male
Number of posts : 903
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd jones
Registration date : 2008-08-28

TMNT (2007) Empty
PostSubject: Re: TMNT (2007)   TMNT (2007) Icon_minipostedTue Oct 21, 2008 8:26 am

ninja turtles are the best i used to watch tem on tv when i was like 8 or 9
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazywhitebro
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646

TMNT (2007) Empty
PostSubject: Re: TMNT (2007)   TMNT (2007) Icon_minipostedTue Oct 21, 2008 9:52 am

catbox_9 wrote:
The Turtles! :haha: I used to love the Ninja Turtles when I was a little kid. I remember seeing the first 3 movies and getting all excited. I had (and still have in the attic) a ton of action figures, I have all the video games, and I used to watch the TV show religiously. I remember once it was on prime-time and it was like the most exciting thing ever. LMAO

You should totally watch this movie!
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

TMNT (2007) Empty
PostSubject: Re: TMNT (2007)   TMNT (2007) Icon_minipostedTue Oct 21, 2008 1:12 pm

bobrob2004 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:

Probably not soon. I'm not quite the Turtles fan I used to be ashamed
Back to top Go down

TMNT (2007) Empty
PostSubject: Re: TMNT (2007)   TMNT (2007) Icon_minipostedTue Oct 21, 2008 1:42 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
bobrob2004 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:

Probably not soon. I'm not quite the Turtles fan I used to be ashamed

My sister was obsessed. (well she's like a year+ younger than you) She had a camera that made a picture of on the turtles on the side when they were developed. I have baby pictures with Ninja Turtles on them.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

TMNT (2007) Empty
PostSubject: Re: TMNT (2007)   TMNT (2007) Icon_minipostedTue Oct 21, 2008 2:10 pm

Turtles in a half shell...turtle power!

They don't eat pizza crust either.
Back to top Go down

TMNT (2007) Empty
PostSubject: Re: TMNT (2007)   TMNT (2007) Icon_minipostedTue Oct 21, 2008 2:55 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
Turtles in a half shell...turtle power!

They don't eat pizza crust either.

I really wouldn't know.
Back to top Go down
detroitwings82
Lakeland Flying Tiger
Lakeland Flying Tiger
detroitwings82

Male

TMNT (2007) Empty
PostSubject: Re: TMNT (2007)   TMNT (2007) Icon_minipostedTue Oct 21, 2008 5:42 pm

hahah i love michealangelo hes the best
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female
Number of posts : 8073
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I don't even know anymore.

TMNT (2007) Empty
PostSubject: Re: TMNT (2007)   TMNT (2007) Icon_minipostedSun Oct 26, 2008 12:05 am

Michaelangelo was my favorite ashamed

But I was more of a Power Rangers fan was I was little :haha:
Back to top Go down
detroitwings82
Lakeland Flying Tiger
Lakeland Flying Tiger
detroitwings82

Male

TMNT (2007) Empty
PostSubject: Re: TMNT (2007)   TMNT (2007) Icon_minipostedThu Nov 20, 2008 11:38 pm

Ya i loved the power rangers and i dont know if you remeber but the VR troopers... I used to be in love with them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TMNT (2007) Empty
PostSubject: Re: TMNT (2007)   TMNT (2007) Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

TMNT (2007)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: Off Topic :: Movies-
Jump to: