DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Joba's 2009 role, RIP Tom Tresh, and Winterball updates

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Koinonia
New York Yankee
New York Yankee
Koinonia

Male
Number of posts : 63
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Sheff??
Registration date : 2008-05-05

Joba's 2009 role, RIP Tom Tresh, and Winterball updates Empty
PostSubject: Joba's 2009 role, RIP Tom Tresh, and Winterball updates   Joba's 2009 role, RIP Tom Tresh, and Winterball updates Icon_minipostedFri Oct 17, 2008 2:19 pm

The Yankees started their two days of organizational meetings in Tampa, Fla., yesterday as members of the baseball operations staff presented their ideas to the ownership group.

"It was a productive day," co-chairperson Hank Steinbrenner told the Associated Press. "We didn't make any decisions today. We just covered all the things we need to fix. Everything is open. We're willing to do anything that will improve us. It was more of a summary and quite a lot of discussion."

Co-chairperson Hal Steinbrenner and senior vice president Felix Lopez were on hand as well, along with team president Randy Levine and chief operating officer Lonn Trost.

General manager Brian Cashman, assistant GM Jean Afterman and farm director Mark Newman attended along with advisors Gene Michael, Reggie Jackson and Tino Martinez.

One decision that was apparently made was to return Joba Chamberlain to the rotation. The 23-year-old right-hander was made a starter in June but returned to the bullpen after missing a month with a shoulder injury suffered in early August.

"The plan as of right now is Chamberlain is going to be a starter," Hank Steinbrenner said. "Everybody's pretty much in agreement with that."

Remembering Tresh: Former Yankees shortstop Tom Tresh, the American League Rookie of the Year in 1962 and a member of three pennant winners and one World Series champion, died in Florida on Wednesday at the age of 71.

"Tommy was a great teammate. He did everything well as a ballplayer and was an easy guy to manage. He was a good man and great friend. We're going to miss him," said Yogi Berra, who played with and managed Tresh.

Tresh spent nine seasons in the majors, hitting .245 but making the All-Star team twice. He and Joe DiMaggio are the only Yankee rookies to start in an All-Star Game.

"He was a heck of a person and a tough ballplayer. He loved people," teammate Moose Skowron said. "He'd always ask me why I was riding him so hard, and I told him I made a promise to his father that I'd always keep him in line. And I did."

Tresh's family will hold a memorial service on Sunday. Central Michigan University, where Tresh played and later worked, has a memorial set for Oct. 24 on campus.

"This hurts," said Joe Pepitone, who played eight seasons with Tresh. "He was my roommate for six years of my life, my hitting instructor and my best friend. He let me be me, but he was also the guy who kept me in at night. Tommy was a constant in my life and a calming influence. He was always there for me and stuck up for me. He was like my brother."

Said Whitey Ford: "Tom was a great teammate. We all loved him and we're sorry that we've lost him. He will be missed."

Extra bases: Andrew Brackman, the team's top pick in the 2007 draft, has fully recovered from elbow surgery and is pitching in the Hawaiian Winter League. Brackman is 1-3 with a 6.14 ERA in four starts. He has struck out 16 in 14 2/3 innings but also walked 11 and allowed 15 hits. ... Phil Hughes has pitched well in two starts in the Arizona Fall League, allowing one earned run over 10 innings.
Back to top Go down
mrsrabelo
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
mrsrabelo

Female
Number of posts : 2284
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Jeff Larish | Fish: Mike Rabelo | Rockie: Jason Grilli | Bullpen catcher: Scott Pickens
Registration date : 2007-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Joba's 2009 role, RIP Tom Tresh, and Winterball updates   Joba's 2009 role, RIP Tom Tresh, and Winterball updates Icon_minipostedSun Oct 19, 2008 12:37 am

Some one just reported that he got arrested for DUI Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hotpinkangel09
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Joba's 2009 role, RIP Tom Tresh, and Winterball updates   Joba's 2009 role, RIP Tom Tresh, and Winterball updates Icon_minipostedSun Oct 19, 2008 3:27 am

mrsrabelo wrote:
Some one just reported that he got arrested for DUI Shocked

Busted!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: Joba's 2009 role, RIP Tom Tresh, and Winterball updates   Joba's 2009 role, RIP Tom Tresh, and Winterball updates Icon_minipostedSun Oct 19, 2008 3:42 pm

Call a Cab Joba
Back to top Go down
Koinonia
New York Yankee
New York Yankee
Koinonia

Male

PostSubject: Re: Joba's 2009 role, RIP Tom Tresh, and Winterball updates   Joba's 2009 role, RIP Tom Tresh, and Winterball updates Icon_minipostedMon Oct 20, 2008 12:52 pm

More on Joba- DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE JOBA!!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Joba's 2009 role, RIP Tom Tresh, and Winterball updates   Joba's 2009 role, RIP Tom Tresh, and Winterball updates Icon_minipostedMon Oct 20, 2008 2:11 pm

Joba lucky he just got arrested

He could have killed someone or himself
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Joba's 2009 role, RIP Tom Tresh, and Winterball updates   Joba's 2009 role, RIP Tom Tresh, and Winterball updates Icon_minipostedThu Oct 23, 2008 2:27 am

Drinking and Driving Don't Mix
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Joba's 2009 role, RIP Tom Tresh, and Winterball updates   Joba's 2009 role, RIP Tom Tresh, and Winterball updates Icon_minipostedThu Oct 23, 2008 2:27 am

Hopefully Joba will learn his lesson
Back to top Go down
Koinonia
New York Yankee
New York Yankee
Koinonia

Male

PostSubject: Re: Joba's 2009 role, RIP Tom Tresh, and Winterball updates   Joba's 2009 role, RIP Tom Tresh, and Winterball updates Icon_minipostedWed Oct 29, 2008 4:20 pm

I think Joba will.. He's a smart person..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joba's 2009 role, RIP Tom Tresh, and Winterball updates   Joba's 2009 role, RIP Tom Tresh, and Winterball updates Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Joba's 2009 role, RIP Tom Tresh, and Winterball updates
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: MLB TEAMS :: New York Yankees-
Jump to: