DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Miller to be among Sept. Callups

Go down 
+2
catbox_9
SoulRat
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SoulRat
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
SoulRat

Female
Number of posts : 9935
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I like fish at the moment....
Registration date : 2007-10-04

Miller to be among Sept. Callups Empty
PostSubject: Miller to be among Sept. Callups   Miller to be among Sept. Callups Icon_minipostedMon Sep 01, 2008 12:20 pm

Miller to be among September callups
Lefty will be activated from DL when rosters expand Monday
By Alden Gonzalez / MLB.com

MIAMI -- Starting Monday, Major League rosters can expand up to 40 players at any time in September, and Marlins manager Fredi Gonzalez said he'd like to add roughly six to eight guys before the end of the season.

The first addition will be young left-hander Andrew Miller, who will be reinstated from the 15-day disabled list on Monday, giving Florida another arm in the bullpen. Miller, on the DL with right patella tendinitis, was in the Marlins' clubhouse and throwing a bullpen session before the series finale against the Mets on Sunday.

At one point in his rehab, the 22-year-old was starting, but over his past few outings, Miller has been coming out of the bullpen. With closer Kevin Gregg being shut down for a while and lefty Renyel Pinto recovering from a left hamstring strain, Gonzalez said that Miller could fill the void as the long reliever, with Mark Hendrickson getting appearances later in games.

Since going on the DL on July 18, the 6-foot-6 Gainesville, Fla., native said that he hasn't had any setbacks.

"I feel good -- everything is normal," Miller said. "I'm fine with whatever they want me to do."

The season for Triple-A Albuquerque concludes on Monday, and infielder Robert Andino will be the first called back to the Marlins, likely on Tuesday. Andino, a middle infielder, spent a big portion of this season with the Marlins, hitting .213 in 40 games.

Isotopes infielder Dallas McPherson, who leads the Minor Leagues with 42 home runs, could get called up, as well.

Bullpen guys like righty Justin Miller and Taylor Tankersley have seen significant time in the Major Leagues this year, but are questionable on being called up. Tankersley is currently shut down with elbow inflammation, and Justin Miller is not on the 40-man roster.

Rick VandenHurk, who is on the 40-man roster and has seen action in spot starts with the Marlins this season, has been shut down in Triple-A because of a broken thumb he suffered while bunting. He is not expected back.

As far as Double-A Carolina players are concerned, Gonzalez said that he'd wait until their postseason run is over to bring any of them up. Possible candidates on the Mudcats include center-field prospect Cameron Maybin, who has recovered from a staph infection he suffered a little over a week ago, and starter-turned-reliever Ryan Tucker.

Young players like Gaby Sanchez -- who was named Southern League MVP on Thursday and is having a great offensive year while mostly playing first base -- and second baseman Chris Coghlan -- who, along with Sanchez and outfielder John Raynor, was named to the Southern League Postseason All-Star Team -- could make their way to South Florida, as well, but they'd have to be added to the 40-man roster first.

In Class A Greensboro, corner infielder Matt Dominguez and outfielder Michael Stanton would also have to be added to the 40-man roster.

Another possible addition later in the month could be outfielder Brett Carroll, who started the year with the Marlins and has been recovering from a right shoulder injury with Class A Jupiter.

Midnight ET Sunday is when postseason rosters are due to the league, so all teams were to submit a 25-man roster, as well as a list of players on the DL. But those 25 players are not automatically the ones that would be on the Marlins if they make the postseason, because players from within the organization can still be slotted in to take the place of the disabled.

Alden Gonzalez is an associate reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Miller to be among Sept. Callups   Miller to be among Sept. Callups Icon_minipostedMon Sep 01, 2008 12:23 pm

He was with the team and in uniform yesterday Love 2 Thud

Not sure I like this being in the bullpen idea. But the Fish need major bullpen help, maybe he'll be good. He's been coming out of the bullpen in Jupiter and has been pretty effective, but that's what? Class A? He runs rings around class A hitters :haha:
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Miller to be among Sept. Callups   Miller to be among Sept. Callups Icon_minipostedMon Sep 01, 2008 4:25 pm

Oh he looked gooooooood Nod Granted he only pitched 1 inning, but he struck out the side, including Chipper Jones looking and he threw at 99 mph a couple different times and then threw the breaking ball at 82 haha, it was beautiful Love 2 I missed you Andrew :mwah:

AND he had high socks today Thud
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Miller to be among Sept. Callups   Miller to be among Sept. Callups Icon_minipostedMon Sep 01, 2008 4:46 pm

SoulRat wrote:

AND he had high socks today Thud

Love 2
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Number of posts : 7415
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Miller to be among Sept. Callups   Miller to be among Sept. Callups Icon_minipostedMon Sep 01, 2008 5:16 pm

Lame
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/baseballer41001
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Miller to be among Sept. Callups   Miller to be among Sept. Callups Icon_minipostedMon Sep 01, 2008 5:37 pm

gdennis59 wrote:
Lame

Head Slap

Shut Up
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: Miller to be among Sept. Callups   Miller to be among Sept. Callups Icon_minipostedMon Sep 01, 2008 7:33 pm

gdennis59 wrote:
Lame

Head Slap
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Miller to be among Sept. Callups   Miller to be among Sept. Callups Icon_minipostedWed Sep 03, 2008 5:28 pm

Once again, my long-legged boy pitched an inning of scoreless relief, though he didn't look as great as he did the other day, he walked 1 and gave up a hit, he looked just as good Nod Love 2

I vote for Miller to be the new Fish closer!!
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore

PostSubject: Re: Miller to be among Sept. Callups   Miller to be among Sept. Callups Icon_minipostedWed Sep 03, 2008 6:50 pm

Closer would be nice, what if the Tigers picked him up and put him as closer Stunned

That would be different.
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Miller to be among Sept. Callups   Miller to be among Sept. Callups Icon_minipostedWed Sep 03, 2008 6:59 pm

Stunned I would Thud and then I would Champagne Cheers 2 Drunk and then I would puke and THEN I would Smack because he is no closer No LMAO

Man wouldn't it be cool if they converted him into an awesome closer though? A tall, hard throwing lefty as closer Sigh Love 2 Papelbon, watch out!
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Miller to be among Sept. Callups   Miller to be among Sept. Callups Icon_minipostedWed Sep 03, 2008 7:19 pm

I like the puke part :haha: That's what alcohol does to you...unless you're me whistle
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Miller to be among Sept. Callups   Miller to be among Sept. Callups Icon_minipostedWed Sep 03, 2008 7:43 pm

Yeah Rolling Eyes Head Slap
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male

PostSubject: Re: Miller to be among Sept. Callups   Miller to be among Sept. Callups Icon_minipostedWed Sep 03, 2008 8:03 pm

Papelbon puke

He sucks.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Miller to be among Sept. Callups   Miller to be among Sept. Callups Icon_minipostedWed Sep 03, 2008 8:16 pm

SoulRat wrote:
Yeah Rolling Eyes

What? I've never thrown up thanks to alcohol No I'm not allergic I guess.
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Miller to be among Sept. Callups   Miller to be among Sept. Callups Icon_minipostedWed Sep 03, 2008 8:17 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
SoulRat wrote:
Yeah Rolling Eyes

What? I've never thrown up thanks to alcohol No I'm not allergic I guess.

Because you've never thrown up because of alcohol, it's not fair :haha:
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Miller to be among Sept. Callups   Miller to be among Sept. Callups Icon_minipostedWed Sep 03, 2008 8:17 pm

gdennis59 wrote:
Papelbon puke

He sucks.

I wish he was sucking on one of MY teams Nod
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male

PostSubject: Re: Miller to be among Sept. Callups   Miller to be among Sept. Callups Icon_minipostedWed Sep 03, 2008 9:37 pm

I hate him, he should go to Japan so I dont hear of him anymore.
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Miller to be among Sept. Callups   Miller to be among Sept. Callups Icon_minipostedWed Sep 03, 2008 9:57 pm

Stunned I Heart Paps Nod C'mere boy and be my closer Nod
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Miller to be among Sept. Callups   Miller to be among Sept. Callups Icon_minipostedWed Sep 03, 2008 10:08 pm

:puke2: He kills innocent animals for the hell of it. Maybe we should kill his loved ones for the hell of it and see how he likes it?
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male

PostSubject: Re: Miller to be among Sept. Callups   Miller to be among Sept. Callups Icon_minipostedWed Sep 03, 2008 10:29 pm

Good Idea!
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Miller to be among Sept. Callups   Miller to be among Sept. Callups Icon_minipostedWed Sep 03, 2008 10:30 pm

gdennis59 wrote:
Good Idea!

:haha:

I never understood people's fascination with hunting. I'll admit I'm not a vegetarian and I use animal products. But still, if an animal is going to die, use ever last bit of it possible. Don't just kill them for the hell of it and use nothing, that is wrong.
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male

PostSubject: Re: Miller to be among Sept. Callups   Miller to be among Sept. Callups Icon_minipostedWed Sep 03, 2008 10:34 pm

Yeah, fingers Papelbon.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Miller to be among Sept. Callups   Miller to be among Sept. Callups Icon_minipostedWed Sep 03, 2008 10:47 pm

high 5
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Miller to be among Sept. Callups   Miller to be among Sept. Callups Icon_minipostedWed Sep 03, 2008 11:47 pm

Bah, he can kill people for all I care as long as he can shut a game down with a 1-2-3 inning LMAO
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Miller to be among Sept. Callups   Miller to be among Sept. Callups Icon_minipostedWed Sep 03, 2008 11:52 pm

SoulRat wrote:
Bah, he can kill people for all I care as long as he can shut a game down with a 1-2-3 inning LMAO

But you said people that kill people should be fried. So much for Papelbon Halloween RIP
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Miller to be among Sept. Callups   Miller to be among Sept. Callups Icon_minipostedThu Sep 04, 2008 12:00 am

catbox_9 wrote:
SoulRat wrote:

But you said people that kill people should be fried. So much for Papelbon Halloween RIP

Oops ashamed I did, didn't I?

hmm.... dammit rant I never said I was against hunting though. sooo... c'mere Paps! I Heart you Nod

psssst Andrew, not true, I love you best but this is Paps we're talking about here...
Back to top Go down
mrsrabelo
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
mrsrabelo

Female
Number of posts : 2284
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Jeff Larish | Fish: Mike Rabelo | Rockie: Jason Grilli | Bullpen catcher: Scott Pickens

PostSubject: Re: Miller to be among Sept. Callups   Miller to be among Sept. Callups Icon_minipostedThu Sep 04, 2008 12:12 am

:haha: I Heart you!

No Mike though Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hotpinkangel09
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Miller to be among Sept. Callups   Miller to be among Sept. Callups Icon_minipostedThu Sep 04, 2008 12:20 am

mrsrabelo wrote:

No Mike though Sad

I Heart you too :mwah:

And no No No Mike Frown Last I heard he was still on the DL. Apparently he messed up his hand really bad, like broken bad. He hasn't done any baseball activities according to my fishie sources Sad
Back to top Go down
mrsrabelo
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
mrsrabelo

Female
Number of posts : 2284
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Jeff Larish | Fish: Mike Rabelo | Rockie: Jason Grilli | Bullpen catcher: Scott Pickens

PostSubject: Re: Miller to be among Sept. Callups   Miller to be among Sept. Callups Icon_minipostedThu Sep 04, 2008 10:20 pm

SoulRat wrote:
mrsrabelo wrote:

No Mike though Sad

I Heart you too :mwah:

And no No No Mike Frown Last I heard he was still on the DL. Apparently he messed up his hand really bad, like broken bad. He hasn't done any baseball activities according to my fishie sources Sad

Sad Sad I want to see him.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hotpinkangel09
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male

PostSubject: Re: Miller to be among Sept. Callups   Miller to be among Sept. Callups Icon_minipostedFri Sep 05, 2008 9:08 am

I think we need Mike back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miller to be among Sept. Callups   Miller to be among Sept. Callups Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Miller to be among Sept. Callups
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: MLB TEAMS :: Florida / Miami Marlins-
Jump to: