DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Chinatown (1974)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Chinatown (1974) Empty
PostSubject: Chinatown (1974)   Chinatown (1974) Icon_minipostedWed Mar 26, 2008 6:36 pm

I wasn't going to watch this until tomorrow, but I'm pretty bored with no school or school-related stuff to do. This is another film noir so I'm expecting good things from this one pray

It's 2 hrs. 10 min. long so I should have a review sometime after that.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

Chinatown (1974) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chinatown (1974)   Chinatown (1974) Icon_minipostedWed Mar 26, 2008 9:11 pm

Okay.

First of all, that wasn't as good as The Maltese Falcon - not even close.

It wasn't bad though. The story was fairly interesting although you had to pay attention in order to understand it. This was somewhat of a problem because the DVD that I was using had the volume pretty low by default and my laptop's speakers are terrible. It was too hard to hear so I had to watch it on the TV meaning I could do things on the computer while watching the movie. Still, I pretty much got the plot and everything.

Nicholson does a pretty good job playing his part although I prefer Bogart in The Maltese Falcon. This story was eerily similar to The Maltese Falcon at first - someone hires a private investigator. Their story is a lie, someone dies, etc. This story becomes rather different as it goes on so this isn't a cheap ripoff of anything.

Overall, this film is something I'd consider rewatching, but it isn't one of my favorites.

73/100
C-

UP NEXT: The Man Who Knew Too Much later tonight on Turner Classic Movies.
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female
Number of posts : 14194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio........:)
Registration date : 2007-10-29

Chinatown (1974) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chinatown (1974)   Chinatown (1974) Icon_minipostedWed Mar 26, 2008 9:15 pm

geez! try The French Connection! That'll fill your violence quota for years! (It did mine..)
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

Chinatown (1974) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chinatown (1974)   Chinatown (1974) Icon_minipostedWed Mar 26, 2008 10:00 pm

I might try that movie one day way down the line for one reason - there's a Simpsons episode titled The Springfield Connection. My goal is to one day go episode by episode and if the title is a play on a movie, watch the movie. There's probably 100+ movie references based on titles alone.

Speaking of violence, I should have put this in my review....why is Chinatown rated R? Sure, there was a little violence and a little swearing, but it seemed pretty PG-13 to me. Heck, I'd have guessed PG before R.
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female
Number of posts : 14194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio........:)
Registration date : 2007-10-29

Chinatown (1974) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chinatown (1974)   Chinatown (1974) Icon_minipostedThu Mar 27, 2008 2:40 am

yeah. the review board was less lax then than now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chinatown (1974) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chinatown (1974)   Chinatown (1974) Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Chinatown (1974)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: Off Topic :: Movies-
Jump to: