DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

FPress: Carlos Guillen with his kids at ST

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
iluvpudge7
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
iluvpudge7

Female
Number of posts : 2194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Not sure yet...
Registration date : 2007-10-06

FPress: Carlos Guillen with his kids at ST - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FPress: Carlos Guillen with his kids at ST   FPress: Carlos Guillen with his kids at ST - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSun Mar 02, 2008 5:20 pm

GoGetEmTigers wrote:
laprimamirala wrote:
Girl---why aren't you still there?

Low pay and they changed regulations that said you had to have your masters in computers. I had two bach. in computers and a masters in Ed. and counseling, but that did not count! So I opened my own Computer consulting company.
I know, teaching is sooooo restricted, you can only teach EXACTLY what's on your certificate. People I know will call or email me and say they heard there's an opening for a teacher at so and so and I tell them, "not qualified" No
Unless you're special ed or secondary certified or in THE RIGHT PLACE AT THE RIGHT TIME, there's no getting a teaching job in MI... I run into people from school all the time (subbing and in stores) and no one has a job yet unless they've moved out of state....or if you're willing to work for very little pay, I was offered a job at a charter school in MI but the pay was a joke....
Back to top Go down
iluvpudge7
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
iluvpudge7

Female

PostSubject: Re: FPress: Carlos Guillen with his kids at ST   FPress: Carlos Guillen with his kids at ST - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSun Mar 02, 2008 5:35 pm

laprimamirala wrote:
wow! You sound a lot more direction-filled than me. I earned a BA, BS, and MA, then went to community college in a certificate program...the latter was what got me in this career path!
Isn't that annoying??? I was thinking about that kind of thing too... if I decided to stay in MI I would have to go back to com. college and get some kind of certificate cause I'm sure as hell not gonna get another 4 year degree!!!! But I'll probably move to teach this fall.
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female
Number of posts : 14194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio........:)
Registration date : 2007-10-29

PostSubject: Re: FPress: Carlos Guillen with his kids at ST   FPress: Carlos Guillen with his kids at ST - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSun Mar 02, 2008 5:52 pm

Liberal Farts education really s*x. Want Fries With That?

if I had a kid now, I would say community college or the armed forces. LEARN A TRADE!!! Something you can always fall back on!
Back to top Go down
iluvpudge7
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
iluvpudge7

Female

PostSubject: Re: FPress: Carlos Guillen with his kids at ST   FPress: Carlos Guillen with his kids at ST - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSun Mar 02, 2008 6:10 pm

Not to mention community college is soooooo much cheaper than a university!!!!! When I went back to school, I took everything I possibly could there and never knew before how much cheaper it really was!!!!
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female
Number of posts : 14194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio........:)
Registration date : 2007-10-29

PostSubject: Re: FPress: Carlos Guillen with his kids at ST   FPress: Carlos Guillen with his kids at ST - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSun Mar 02, 2008 6:27 pm

That's what I did...man what a difference!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FPress: Carlos Guillen with his kids at ST   FPress: Carlos Guillen with his kids at ST - Page 2 Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

FPress: Carlos Guillen with his kids at ST
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2