DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Sources: O's trading Tejada to Astros

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Sources: O's trading Tejada to Astros Empty
PostSubject: Sources: O's trading Tejada to Astros   Sources: O's trading Tejada to Astros Icon_minipostedWed Dec 12, 2007 2:34 pm

Ken Rosenthal
FOXSports.com, Updated 24 minutes ago

The Orioles have completed their first major off-season move, trading shortstop Miguel Tejada to the Astros, according to major-league sources.

Tejada, signed through 2009 at $12 million per season, is expected to play shortstop for Houston. The move means that the Astros are unlikely to offer their incumbent shortstop, Adam Everett, a contract by Wednesday's midnight deadline to tender proposals. Ty Wigginton will play third.

In return, the Orioles will receive outfielder Luke Scott, right-hander Matt Albers and three prospects — pitchers Troy Patton and Dennis Sarfate and third baseman Michael Costanzo.

Tejada, 31, hit .296 last year with 18 HRs and 81 RBIs, but was limited to only 133 games due to a wrist injury he suffered in June. Tejada's trip to the DL ended his consecutive games played streak at 1,152. In the three previous seasons, Tejada never hit lower than .304 and averaged 28 HRs and 116 RBIs.

Scott, 29, hit .255 last year with 18 HRs and 64 RBIs in just his third season in the majors. Albers, who will turn 25 in January, went 4-11 last season with a 5.86 ERA.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sources: O's trading Tejada to Astros   Sources: O's trading Tejada to Astros Icon_minipostedWed Dec 12, 2007 6:02 pm

What in the world are the Astros thinking?????

I don't like this trade at all
ALL of the players traded showed a lot of promise last season, and I would be the one to know that. (they are the NL team I watch the most)

Albers- check
Scott- LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKKKKKKKKKKKE (sorry I couldn't resist) check
Patton- he only started one or two games, but was good

SARFATE?!- To me this guy is GOLD, I saw him pitch @ MMP, he's amazing- sort of like Zumaya in his prime- I don't have any idea why they would have traded this guy.

ALL this for what? I mean, yes Tejada USED to be a really great ballplayer, but has come far down from what he used to be.

OK, sorry for my rant! I had to get that out.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Sources: O's trading Tejada to Astros   Sources: O's trading Tejada to Astros Icon_minipostedThu Dec 13, 2007 3:42 am

I agree! The Astros traded a lot of players to get Tejada!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Sources: O's trading Tejada to Astros   Sources: O's trading Tejada to Astros Icon_minipostedThu Dec 13, 2007 3:43 am

Time will tell if it works out or not
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sources: O's trading Tejada to Astros   Sources: O's trading Tejada to Astros Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: MLB TEAMS :: Houston Astros-
Jump to: