DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

JONATHAN ROBERT PAPELBON!! Career Tracker

Go down 
+4
catbox_9
SoulRat
mrsrabelo
tigersaint
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

JONATHAN ROBERT PAPELBON!! Career Tracker - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JONATHAN ROBERT PAPELBON!! Career Tracker   JONATHAN ROBERT PAPELBON!! Career Tracker - Page 3 Icon_minipostedTue Nov 20, 2007 6:59 pm

I know
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: JONATHAN ROBERT PAPELBON!! Career Tracker   JONATHAN ROBERT PAPELBON!! Career Tracker - Page 3 Icon_minipostedWed Nov 21, 2007 12:41 pm

OK.

Dear Mr. Papelbon,

You are officially being taken OUT of my signature when I get to my Dad's next week. This is your first and only notice.

I don't like people who kill birds for no apparent reason.

Thank you,
cdurbfan22 (you notice my name has NOTHING to do with you either)
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: JONATHAN ROBERT PAPELBON!! Career Tracker   JONATHAN ROBERT PAPELBON!! Career Tracker - Page 3 Icon_minipostedWed Nov 21, 2007 1:11 pm

LOL!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: JONATHAN ROBERT PAPELBON!! Career Tracker   JONATHAN ROBERT PAPELBON!! Career Tracker - Page 3 Icon_minipostedWed Nov 21, 2007 7:44 pm

I was quite bored when I typed that....go figure.
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male
Number of posts : 8973
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : All of 'em, except the BAD ones!!
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: JONATHAN ROBERT PAPELBON!! Career Tracker   JONATHAN ROBERT PAPELBON!! Career Tracker - Page 3 Icon_minipostedThu Nov 22, 2007 12:30 am

Papelbon can't dance, either!!
Back to top Go down
Poly14
Poly14

Female
Number of posts : 17
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Placido Polanco, Chad Durbin and Ryan Raburn
Registration date : 2007-11-21

PostSubject: Re: JONATHAN ROBERT PAPELBON!! Career Tracker   JONATHAN ROBERT PAPELBON!! Career Tracker - Page 3 Icon_minipostedThu Nov 22, 2007 10:39 am

That doesn't bother me, but what he does other than that in his spare time REALLY does.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: JONATHAN ROBERT PAPELBON!! Career Tracker   JONATHAN ROBERT PAPELBON!! Career Tracker - Page 3 Icon_minipostedFri Nov 23, 2007 12:01 am

Oh that was me ^ oops!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: JONATHAN ROBERT PAPELBON!! Career Tracker   JONATHAN ROBERT PAPELBON!! Career Tracker - Page 3 Icon_minipostedSun Dec 09, 2007 11:14 am

Bump for JRP!

You know, I'm still sort of angry over this whole killing birds thing........it makes me rant.
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: JONATHAN ROBERT PAPELBON!! Career Tracker   JONATHAN ROBERT PAPELBON!! Career Tracker - Page 3 Icon_minipostedThu Dec 20, 2007 6:31 pm

12/20/2007 3:57 PM ET
Dog gone it? Pap's pooch eats history

Ball that sealed Red Sox's World Series win meets biting fate

By Ian Browne / MLB.com

BOSTON -- Jonathan Papelbon's dog apparently has a taste for baseball history. Wondering what happened to that baseball Papelbon used to strike out Colorado's Seth Smith to close out the four-game sweep by the Red Sox in the World Series?

According to Papelbon, his dog ate it. And the remains of the ball are in the living room of Papelbon's Hattiesburg, Miss., home. This, according to what Papelbon told his local newspaper -- the Hattiesburg American.

It seems that the truth is out as to who the boss is in the Papelbon household.

"My dog ate it," Papelbon said. "He plays with baseballs like they are his toys. His name is Boss. He jumped up one day on the counter and snatched it. He likes rawhide. He tore that thing to pieces. I'll keep what's left of it."

After the final out of the World Series was recorded, Red Sox catcher Jason Varitek tucked the ball away and later gave it to Papelbon.

For a few weeks at least, Papelbon played dumb and pretended to have no knowledge of where the ball was.

But he finally admitted to having it. In fact, the story of the dog eating the ball is a story Papelbon started floating to people within the organization as far back as a month ago. In fact, he said as much in an interview with NESN a few weeks ago.

Unlike in 2004, when the Red Sox were on a mission to retrieve the World Series-winning baseball from former first baseman Doug Mientkiewicz, the club isn't all that interested this time around.

"From the Red Sox standpoint, our only real comment is that from the ballclub's perspective, the 2004 ball was very special because it was the first time we won in 86 years and everything," said Red Sox spokesman John Blake. "This one, obviously, if Pap says the dog ate the ball or whatever, we have to believe him. It's really kind of a non-issue with us."

Because Papelbon is one of the most light-hearted players on the Red Sox, if not all of Major League Baseball, it's hard to ascertain whether his story is true.
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: JONATHAN ROBERT PAPELBON!! Career Tracker   JONATHAN ROBERT PAPELBON!! Career Tracker - Page 3 Icon_minipostedFri Dec 21, 2007 4:29 am

Regardless if the story is true or not I can't stand him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: JONATHAN ROBERT PAPELBON!! Career Tracker   JONATHAN ROBERT PAPELBON!! Career Tracker - Page 3 Icon_minipostedFri Dec 21, 2007 1:04 pm

Me either. My Dad was like there is no way that that is true.
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female
Number of posts : 9935
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I like fish at the moment....
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: JONATHAN ROBERT PAPELBON!! Career Tracker   JONATHAN ROBERT PAPELBON!! Career Tracker - Page 3 Icon_minipostedFri Dec 21, 2007 2:09 pm

Neutral
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: JONATHAN ROBERT PAPELBON!! Career Tracker   JONATHAN ROBERT PAPELBON!! Career Tracker - Page 3 Icon_minipostedSat Dec 22, 2007 4:32 am

I don't believe Papelbon one bit ; Whole story sounds like bullshit! Gave the WS ball to his dog. Yeah Right! Probably sold the damn ball
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: JONATHAN ROBERT PAPELBON!! Career Tracker   JONATHAN ROBERT PAPELBON!! Career Tracker - Page 3 Icon_minipostedThu Jan 03, 2008 5:02 am

lol
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646

PostSubject: Re: JONATHAN ROBERT PAPELBON!! Career Tracker   JONATHAN ROBERT PAPELBON!! Career Tracker - Page 3 Icon_minipostedThu Mar 06, 2008 5:55 pm

Pap, Sox agree to deal
6, 2008 03:58 PM

The Red Sox and closer Jonathan Papelbon have agreed to a one-year deal worth $775,000.

That's more than closer Bobby Jenks got with a similar amount of service time, as he signed a $550,000 contract. Papelbon was looking for a deal in the range of $900,000, like the one signed by Ryan Howard at the same point in his career. He didn't quite get that, but he got a significant bump over his $425,550 salary from last season.

If the Sox and Papelbon hadn't reached this agreement, the Red Sox would have had the option of renewing his contract for an arbitrary figure.

The Red Sox have also agreed to terms with all 18 of their unsigned players, none of whom got renewed.

Oh, and the team has given up seven runs in the ninth inning, including a three-run homer by Luke May and a grand slam by Jason Repko. The three-run shot tied the score at 5-5. ...

Now it's a final, Dodgers win 9-6.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: JONATHAN ROBERT PAPELBON!! Career Tracker   JONATHAN ROBERT PAPELBON!! Career Tracker - Page 3 Icon_minipostedThu Mar 06, 2008 6:05 pm

WTG Repko!

Can anyone find a picture of the tattoo on his right tricep? I've searched but can only find the lower half. I swear it looks like an Olde English The D but I could be wrong.

He's from Illinois so it might be.
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646

PostSubject: Re: JONATHAN ROBERT PAPELBON!! Career Tracker   JONATHAN ROBERT PAPELBON!! Career Tracker - Page 3 Icon_minipostedSat May 10, 2008 1:19 pm

Papelbon can't close out Twins
All-Star allows two-run single in ninth inning of loss in Minnesota
By Robert Falkoff / MLB.com

MINNEAPOLIS -- Nobody's automatic. Not even Jonathan Papelbon.
A Papelbon appearance in the ninth inning has come to mean victory handshakes for the Red Sox a vast majority of the time. But suddenly, Papelbon has blown two consecutive save opportunities, and Friday's stinger -- a two-out, two-run single in the ninth by Mike Lamb that lifted the Twins to a 7-6 victory at the Metrodome -- was by far the tougher one for Papelbon to take.

Lamb didn't hit the ball hard. But the bloop over third baseman Mike Lowell's head with runners at second and third left Papelbon taking it hard.

"It's frustrating right now, just for the simple fact that I'm throwing good pitches, but I'm just not finishing them right now and executing them all the way through the strike zone," Papelbon said. "I'm sitting there in a comfortable position where I want to be. One out to get. I don't finish the split-finger and he speeds his bat up and bloops it over the third baseman."

The Red Sox had overcome an early 5-2 deficit with a four-run rally in the fifth inning, highlighted by Lowell's two-run double. Starter Jon Lester and relievers David Aardsma and Hideki Okajima protected the one-run lead until the ninth, when manager Terry Francona handed the ball to his star closer.

Delmon Young started the ninth with a single and Matt Tolbert sacrificed him to second. Papelbon got Adam Everett on a popup, but Young stole third and Carlos Gomez walked. It was the first walk issued by Papelbon since the first batter he faced this season.

The stakes were raised moments later when Gomez stole second without a throw. Instead of a single to the outfield only tying the game, the Twins were in position to bloop one in for a win.

"We don't want to vacate the shortstop hole," Francona said. "There are about three different reasons -- who's running, who's pitching, giving up the hole. You never are happy letting the lead run [move up], but considering all the options, the biggest thing is we don't want to have someone vacating their position."

It still came down to Papelbon needing to get Lamb for the save, and it was the type of situation that Papelbon will take every time.

"I've got one out to get," Papelbon said. "It's a pretty simple game. I've got to execute a pitch with two strikes and the job is done. I didn't do that."

It's said that great closers have short memories, and Papelbon is anxious to make the adjustments and move forward.

"I've got to get back on track," Papelbon said. "In order to do that, I've got to start finishing my pitches and throwing my pitches with confidence."

Lester made it through 5 1/3 innings and survived a scare when he covered first base in the third inning and mildly rolled an ankle covering the bag.

"I stepped on the bag wrong, but it shouldn't be any concern at all," Lester said.

Although the Twins got four runs in the opening two innings, Lester said he was generally pleased with the way he threw the ball. An error by shortstop Julio Lugo led to two unearned runs in the second.

It seemed the Red Sox offense had done just enough with the four-run rally in the fifth. After loading the bases with nobody out, Lowell hit the gap in left-center for his two-run double. Minnesota manager Ron Gardenhire lifted starter Boof Bonser and Juan Rincon came on. Kevin Youkilis produced a run-scoring groundout and a wild pitch by Rincon allowed Lowell to score the go-ahead run.

The Boston defense executed a dazzling relay play in the sixth when Young tried to score on Everett's double to left-center. The relay from Jacoby Ellsbury to Dustin Pedroia to Jason Varitek was picture perfect, and Young was out at the plate.

But what looked for 8 2/3 innings like another Red Sox success ended with a fizzle on that two-run blooper by Lamb.

"I haven't had too many balls fall in for me," said Lamb.

This one did. Even when Papelbon is on the mound, there can be exceptions to his ninth-inning rules.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: JONATHAN ROBERT PAPELBON!! Career Tracker   JONATHAN ROBERT PAPELBON!! Career Tracker - Page 3 Icon_minipostedSun May 11, 2008 6:01 pm

Ha Ha!
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: JONATHAN ROBERT PAPELBON!! Career Tracker   JONATHAN ROBERT PAPELBON!! Career Tracker - Page 3 Icon_minipostedSun May 11, 2008 6:56 pm

Poor Paps No
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: JONATHAN ROBERT PAPELBON!! Career Tracker   JONATHAN ROBERT PAPELBON!! Career Tracker - Page 3 Icon_minipostedSun May 11, 2008 8:35 pm

SoulRat wrote:
Poor Paps No

confused
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: JONATHAN ROBERT PAPELBON!! Career Tracker   JONATHAN ROBERT PAPELBON!! Career Tracker - Page 3 Icon_minipostedSun May 11, 2008 8:42 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
SoulRat wrote:
Poor Paps No

confused

Poor Paps has blown 2 saves in a row, why is that confusing? :shrug: LMAO
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: JONATHAN ROBERT PAPELBON!! Career Tracker   JONATHAN ROBERT PAPELBON!! Career Tracker - Page 3 Icon_minipostedSun May 11, 2008 8:44 pm

I don't get the "Poor" or No part. A more logical response would've been...

HA HA Paps you piece of Censored PARTY!
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: JONATHAN ROBERT PAPELBON!! Career Tracker   JONATHAN ROBERT PAPELBON!! Career Tracker - Page 3 Icon_minipostedSun May 11, 2008 8:49 pm

:haha: Because I like Bahston ashamed
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: JONATHAN ROBERT PAPELBON!! Career Tracker   JONATHAN ROBERT PAPELBON!! Career Tracker - Page 3 Icon_minipostedSun May 11, 2008 9:02 pm

I loved his blown save against the Tigers for Boston's only loss during their series in Det. I kind of humbled him!
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: JONATHAN ROBERT PAPELBON!! Career Tracker   JONATHAN ROBERT PAPELBON!! Career Tracker - Page 3 Icon_minipostedSun May 11, 2008 9:06 pm

Yeah That one was good :haha:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JONATHAN ROBERT PAPELBON!! Career Tracker   JONATHAN ROBERT PAPELBON!! Career Tracker - Page 3 Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

JONATHAN ROBERT PAPELBON!! Career Tracker
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: MLB TEAMS :: Boston Red Sox-
Jump to: