DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Tigers Agree to terms withh Gambler

Go down 
+4
TigerLily
detigersfan06
bobrob2004
tigersaint
8 posters
AuthorMessage
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male
Number of posts : 8973
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : All of 'em, except the BAD ones!!
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Tigers Agree to terms withh Gambler Empty
PostSubject: Tigers Agree to terms withh Gambler   Tigers Agree to terms withh Gambler Icon_minipostedFri Nov 30, 2007 12:45 pm

Just saw it on MLB.com that the Tigers have agreed to a 1-year contract with Kenny Rogers and a right-handed reliever named Francisco Cruceta.
Terms were not announced, but this is some GOOD news!!

Last edited by on Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646
Registration date : 2007-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Tigers Agree to terms withh Gambler   Tigers Agree to terms withh Gambler Icon_minipostedFri Nov 30, 2007 12:46 pm

PARTY!
Back to top Go down
detigersfan06
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
detigersfan06

Female
Number of posts : 1426
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : **Inge**, Granderson, Polonco, Magglio, Verlander, ok all of them!!
Registration date : 2007-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Tigers Agree to terms withh Gambler   Tigers Agree to terms withh Gambler Icon_minipostedFri Nov 30, 2007 1:12 pm

YAY!!! I Am happy now!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
TigerLily
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
TigerLily

Female
Number of posts : 1848
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : How do I choose?
Registration date : 2007-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Tigers Agree to terms withh Gambler   Tigers Agree to terms withh Gambler Icon_minipostedFri Nov 30, 2007 1:16 pm

Yey, Kenny!
Chibata... why does that sound familiar?
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

bobrob2004

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tigers Agree to terms withh Gambler   Tigers Agree to terms withh Gambler Icon_minipostedFri Nov 30, 2007 1:16 pm

Here's the article. Other breaking news, Chris Shelton and Timo Perez have been DFA to make room for Rogers and Cruceta...

11/30/2007 11:22 AM ET
Tigers agree to terms on one-year deals with Kenny Rogers and Francisco Cruceta

DETROIT -- The Detroit Tigers announced today that the club has agreed to terms on a one-year contract with left-handed pitcher Kenny Rogers and right-handed pitcher Francisco Cruceta.

Rogers posted a 3-4 record and 4.43 ERA (63.0IP/31ER) in 2007 as he was limited to 11 starts with the Tigers due to two stints on the disabled list. He finished 17-8 with a 3.84 ERA (204.0IP/87ER) in 34 games (33 starts) during his first season with Detroit in 2006.

"We are pleased to have Kenny back in a Tigers uniform for the 2008 season," Tigers President, Chief Executive Officer and General Manager David Dombrowski said. "Kenny is a veteran presence that stabilizes our starting rotation."

Rogers won all three of his starts during the postseason in 2006, tossing 23.0 scoreless innings as the Tigers captured the American League Championship. A four-time all-star selection, Rogers has compiled a 210-143 record and 4.19 ERA (3129.0IP/1458ER) in 732 appearances during his 19 seasons at the Major League level.

Cruceta, 26, spent the 2007 season with Triple-A Oklahoma in the Texas Rangers organization. In 25 outings (five starts), he compiled a 3-0 record, 3.02 ERA (65.2IP/22ER) and 70 strikeouts. Cruceta has appeared in 13 games with Cibao in the Dominican Winter League, posting a 1-1 record, 1.08 ERA (16.2IP/2ER) and 25 strikeouts. He is fourth in the league with 25 strikeouts.

"Cruceta has pitched very well this winter in the Dominican Republic," Dombrowski said. "He is a quality prospect and we expect him to compete for a spot in our bullpen in 2008."

Cruceta has compiled a 63-49 record and 3.77 ERA (943.2IP/395ER) in 214 appearances (145 starts) during his career at the Minor League level. He briefly saw action at the Major League level with the Cleveland Indians in 2004 and Seattle Mariners in 2006.

Additionally, the Tigers today designated the contracts of first baseman Chris Shelton and outfielder Timo Perez for assignment. Shelton spent the entire 2007 season with Triple-A Toledo, hitting .269 (134x498) with 14 home runs and 65 RBI in 139 games. Perez saw action in 29 games with the Tigers in 2007, batting .389 (35x90) with nine doubles and 13 RBI.
Back to top Go down
TigerLily
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
TigerLily

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tigers Agree to terms withh Gambler   Tigers Agree to terms withh Gambler Icon_minipostedFri Nov 30, 2007 1:19 pm

Thanks for posting the article, bobrob.
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: Tigers Agree to terms withh Gambler   Tigers Agree to terms withh Gambler Icon_minipostedFri Nov 30, 2007 1:40 pm

There is Joy in Tiger Town today!!!!!
Tigers Agree to terms withh Gambler 13_4_6Tigers Agree to terms withh Gambler 23_30_104Tigers Agree to terms withh Gambler 4_17_211Tigers Agree to terms withh Gambler 4_17_1Tigers Agree to terms withh Gambler 36_1_34

Tigers Agree to terms withh Gambler 18_7_12vTigers Agree to terms withh Gambler 18_7_36
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tigers Agree to terms withh Gambler   Tigers Agree to terms withh Gambler Icon_minipostedFri Nov 30, 2007 1:43 pm

TigerLily wrote:
Yey, Kenny!

Because, being the DORK that I am, I posted the WRONG name!!
I went back and edited it and let me tell you how HAPPY I am to see you here, TigerLily!!
This site is TROLL FREE and blows away the other one!!

Welcome Yay2 Welcome
Back to top Go down
TigerLily
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
TigerLily

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tigers Agree to terms withh Gambler   Tigers Agree to terms withh Gambler Icon_minipostedFri Nov 30, 2007 1:48 pm

tigersaint wrote:
TigerLily wrote:
Yey, Kenny!

Because, being the DORK that I am, I posted the WRONG name!!
I went back and edited it and let me tell you how HAPPY I am to see you here, TigerLily!!
This site is TROLL FREE and blows away the other one!!

Welcome Yay2 Welcome

I know, I can't imagine how much you all must have missed me! :lol:

( :back_hug: It's good to see you again too, saint! )
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tigers Agree to terms withh Gambler   Tigers Agree to terms withh Gambler Icon_minipostedFri Nov 30, 2007 1:52 pm

You're always a welcome site here and you have been missed terribly!!
So glad you finally found us and hope you enjoy it enough to stick around.

I am still on Dialysis 3 days a week but alive is the result and that is always a good thing.

And you, my dear?
Back to top Go down
TigerLily
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
TigerLily

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tigers Agree to terms withh Gambler   Tigers Agree to terms withh Gambler Icon_minipostedFri Nov 30, 2007 1:57 pm

tigersaint wrote:

I am still on Dialysis 3 days a week but alive is the result and that is always a good thing.

And you, my dear?

Well I've been busy, busy, busy with school. College is such a pain in the arse... but today I had to stay home. I feel like someone's run a wire brush down my throat.

(And I'm sorry to hear about the dialysis... I'll keep you in my prayers!)

Last edited by on Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Tigers Sign Rogers, Cruceta   Tigers Agree to terms withh Gambler Icon_minipostedFri Nov 30, 2007 2:01 pm

Tigers Agree to terms withh Gambler 366155

From http://tigers.scout.com/2/706969.html

Tigers Sign Rogers, Cruceta

By Paul Wezner
Executive Editor
Posted Nov 30, 2007

On Friday, the Tigers announced they had re-signed left-handed starter Kenny Rogers to a one-year deal. They also announced they have come to terms with right-handed reliever Francisco Cruceta. To open up room, the Tigers designated first baseman Chris Shelton and outfielder Timo Perez for assignment.

The Tigers were in need of a starting pitcher still, and Kenny Rogers was the ideal fit, after finishing up his second season with the Tigers.

A deal between the two parties seemeed imminent after Rogers fired agent Scott Boras. Rogers had stated earlier on that if he returned to pitch in 2008, it would be as a Tiger. Boras consequently appeared to try leveraging other teams into making an offer, a tactic Rogers didn't appreciate.

After establishing himself as the team's ace in 2006, Rogers battled injuries for much of 2007, including missing the first half of the season with a blood clot. For the year, he was a 3-4 with a 4.43 ERA. He had 36 strikeouts and 25 walks in 63 innings pitched.

The signing of Rogers means the Tigers have four members of their rotation set. The fifth spot will be competed for amongst a number of younger pitchers, including Andrew Miller, Virgil Vasquez, and Yorman Bazardo.

The Tigers have also signed Francisco Cruceta to a major league contract for the 2008 season. Originally signed by the Dodgers out of the Dominican Republic in 1999, Cruceta took off once moving to the Indians farm system in the 2002 trade that sent Paul Shuey to the Dodgers.

After a solid campaign at Triple-A in the Texas organization in 2007 (3-0, 3.02 ERA in 25 games), Cruceta has been dominating the Dominican Winter League. In 13 relief appearances for Gigantes del Cibao, Cruceta has posted a miniscule 1.08 ERA with 25 strikeouts in 16-2/3 innings.

The 26-year old Cruceta has a live arm with a sinking fastball that sits routinely in the 92-95 range, and an above-average hard biting slider.

Though those are his two primary weapons, he has also toyed with both a circle change and splitter in the past, with modest success. His sinker-slider combo generates plenty of swings and misses, while also inducing groundballs at a fair rate.

Control has been an issue with Cruceta, but even modest improvements like he has shown in the Dominican this winter can lead to dominating results. Given his winter success, he will likely have an opportunity to earn a job in the Detroit bullpen out of spring training, with the fall back of heading to Toledo to wait for a chance with the Tigers.
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tigers Agree to terms withh Gambler   Tigers Agree to terms withh Gambler Icon_minipostedFri Nov 30, 2007 2:10 pm

I guess I was WAY OFF with my December 7th prediction!!

Sorry to see Shelton go.....
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

bobrob2004

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tigers Agree to terms withh Gambler   Tigers Agree to terms withh Gambler Icon_minipostedFri Nov 30, 2007 2:20 pm

tigersaint wrote:
I guess I was WAY OFF with my December 7th prediction!!
Just a week!

tigersaint wrote:
Sorry to see Shelton go.....

I'm not...
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female
Number of posts : 14194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio........:)
Registration date : 2007-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Tigers Agree to terms withh Gambler   Tigers Agree to terms withh Gambler Icon_minipostedFri Nov 30, 2007 2:40 pm

high 5 Yahoo for KENNY!!!
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: contract is believed to be in the range of the $8 million   Tigers Agree to terms withh Gambler Icon_minipostedFri Nov 30, 2007 2:43 pm

Friday, November 30, 2007

Tigers sign Rogers to one-year deal

Team also signs pitcher and designates Shelton, Perez for assignment

Tom Gage / The Detroit News

DETROIT -- Kenny Rogers is still a Tiger. The Tigers announced Friday they've signed the 43-year-old left-hander to a one-year contract. Terms were not disclosed, but the contract is believed to be in the range of the $8 million Rogers made in each of the last two years.

With the winter meetings next week in Nashville, the Tigers needed to know what Rogers intended to do. He had fired his agent Scott Boras, and was negotiating on his own behalf, but had Rogers not signed, the Tigers would have stepped up their efforts to sign another experienced free-agent starter.

Rogers is coming off a troubled season in which he went 3-4 in 11 starts after going 17-8 in his first year as a Tiger. He underwent shoulder surgery last spring and encountered more arm problems after returning in July.

But he maintained all along that he wanted to stay with the Tigers -- and he has.

"We are pleased to have Kenny back in a Tigers uniform for the 2008 season," Tigers president and general manager David Dombrowski said. "Kenny is a veteran presence that stabilizes our starting rotation."

The Tigers also announced the signing of righthanded relief pitcher Francisco Cruceta. Cruceta, 26, spent the 2007 season with Triple A Oklahoma in the Texas Rangers organization. In 25 appearances, he was 3-0, with a 3.02 ERA and 70 strikeouts. Cruceta has appeared in 13 games with Cibao in the Dominican Winter League, posting a 1-1 record and 1.08 ERA..

"Cruceta has pitched very well this winter in the Dominican Republic," Dombrowski said. "He is a quality prospect and we expect him to compete for a spot in our bullpen in 2008."

To make room for Rogers and Cruceta the Tigers designated first baseman Chris Shelton and outfielder Timo Perez for assignment, probably ending their time in the Detroit organization.
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tigers Agree to terms withh Gambler   Tigers Agree to terms withh Gambler Icon_minipostedFri Nov 30, 2007 3:25 pm

They DID sign a guy under 30 years old......
Back to top Go down
iluvpudge7
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
iluvpudge7

Female
Number of posts : 2194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Not sure yet...

PostSubject: Re: Tigers Agree to terms withh Gambler   Tigers Agree to terms withh Gambler Icon_minipostedFri Nov 30, 2007 3:35 pm

tigersaint wrote:

And you, my dear?

Stunned I didn't know that Saint !!!
I hate hearing stuff like that about people, makes me rant !!!!
You always seem so upbeat too, good attitude!!! I'm praying for you too!!! Tigers Agree to terms withh Gambler Angelic001
Back to top Go down
iluvpudge7
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
iluvpudge7

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tigers Agree to terms withh Gambler   Tigers Agree to terms withh Gambler Icon_minipostedFri Nov 30, 2007 3:39 pm

YAY KENNY!!!!!!!!! Heart Heart Heart
PARTY!
Back to top Go down
iluvpudge7
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
iluvpudge7

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tigers Agree to terms withh Gambler   Tigers Agree to terms withh Gambler Icon_minipostedFri Nov 30, 2007 3:40 pm

YAY NEW GUY!!!!
PARTY!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: Tigers Agree to terms withh Gambler   Tigers Agree to terms withh Gambler Icon_minipostedFri Nov 30, 2007 5:49 pm

HOORAY! KENNY! KENNY! KENNY!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: Tigers Agree to terms withh Gambler   Tigers Agree to terms withh Gambler Icon_minipostedFri Nov 30, 2007 5:49 pm

THE GAMBLER IS BACK!
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tigers Agree to terms withh Gambler   Tigers Agree to terms withh Gambler Icon_minipostedSat Dec 01, 2007 6:07 pm

iluvpudge7 wrote:
tigersaint wrote:

And you, my dear?

Stunned I didn't know that Saint !!!
I hate hearing stuff like that about people, makes me rant !!!!
You always seem so upbeat too, good attitude!!! I'm praying for you too!!! Tigers Agree to terms withh Gambler Angelic001

Sucks Ass but whatcha gonna do??
I sure appreciate the prayers though..... :mwah:
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tigers Agree to terms withh Gambler   Tigers Agree to terms withh Gambler Icon_minipostedSat Dec 01, 2007 6:18 pm

GO KENNY GO!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tigers Agree to terms withh Gambler   Tigers Agree to terms withh Gambler Icon_minipostedSat Dec 01, 2007 6:19 pm

TIGERS GONNA BE GREAT IN 2008
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tigers Agree to terms withh Gambler   Tigers Agree to terms withh Gambler Icon_minipostedSat Dec 01, 2007 7:13 pm

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..............................!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tigers Agree to terms withh Gambler   Tigers Agree to terms withh Gambler Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Tigers Agree to terms withh Gambler
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: Tiger Talk :: Breaking News-
Jump to: