DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Tigers tab Anibal to start 2013 second-half opener

Go down 
AuthorMessage
GoGetEmTigers
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Tigers tab Anibal to start 2013 second-half opener Empty
PostSubject: Tigers tab Anibal to start 2013 second-half opener   Tigers tab Anibal to start 2013 second-half opener Icon_minipostedSun Jul 14, 2013 6:54 pm

Tigers tab Anibal to start second-half opener

By Bobby Nightengale / MLB.com | 7/14/2013 1:06 P.M. ET

DETROIT -- Manager Jim Leyland and his coaching staff have constantly been monitoring the Tigers' starting pitchers' workload this season. With that in mind, the second-half rotation was set up to provide each pitcher with at least an extra day of rest.

Anibal Sanchez will open for the Tigers after the All-Star break against the Royals on Friday, with Justin Verlander and Doug Fister pitching on Saturday and Sunday, respectively.

"Sanchez should be pretty fresh," Leyland said. "They will all get some extra time now."

Max Scherzer will follow in Monday's game against the White Sox, while Rick Porcello is scheduled to take the mound Tuesday to round out the starting rotation.

"I feel good," Sanchez said after his last start. "For me the location wasn't working like I'm used to doing. I think I need to work a little bit and do something with it. Right now, it is the end of the first half and the second half is coming now, and I just need to work on it."

Bobby Nightengale is an associate reporter for MLB.com. Follow him on Twitter @nightengalejr. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com

Tigers tab Anibal to start 2013 second-half opener
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: Tiger Talk :: Breaking News-
Jump to: