DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Tigers Winter Meetings checklist

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
GoGetEmTigers
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Tigers Winter Meetings checklist Empty
PostSubject: Tigers Winter Meetings checklist   Tigers Winter Meetings checklist Icon_minipostedWed Nov 28, 2007 6:31 pm

11/28/2007 10:00 AM ET
By Jason Beck / MLB.com

The Tigers are never truly quiet at baseball's annual Winter Meetings. They always listen to interest from other teams and usually end up throwing out some offers of their own. Compared to past years, however, this year's meetings still have the chance to go down as relatively subdued. They don't see a lot of remaining needs, their free-agent options aren't numerous, and their available trade bait diminished as soon as they pulled a deal for All-Star shortstop Edgar Renteria and sent Omar Infante off to Chicago for Jacque Jones.

President/general manager Dave Dombrowski sees the positional roster as pretty much set, leaving only the arbitration signings of Marcus Thames and Timo Perez to address on that end. If the Tigers do anything in Nashville, it's likely to come on the pitching staff, where they need relief help and one more starter any way they can get them.

To get your fix of Winter Meetings updates, check in with MLB.com and Tigers.com regularly. We'll bring you the news as it happens from Nashville, Tenn.

2007 finish:
88-74, second place, AL Central

Deals so far:
Acquired SS Renteria from the Braves for RHP Jair Jurrjens and outfielder Gorkys Hernandez; acquired OF Jones from the Cubs for IF Infante; re-signed RHP Todd Jones to a one-year, $7 million contract.

Players eligible for arbitration:
LHP Tim Byrdak, RHP Chad Durbin, OF Perez, LHP Nate Robertson, LHP Bobby Seay, OF Thames.

Free agents:
LHP Kenny Rogers, 1B Sean Casey.

Needs:
The first priority is starting pitching, but progress in talks with Rogers could take care of that before long. If that happens, the one remaining void is in the bullpen, where Joel Zumaya's right shoulder injury has left a void in the setup department for at least the first half of next season. One more reliever would, at the very least, avoid overreliance and overwork on Fernando Rodney.

Dealing strengths:
The Renteria deal sapped the Tigers of some depth in trading pieces from their farm system, especially with Jurrjens now subtracted from the starting pitching corps. They have some interesting pitchers they could dangle, including Dallas Trahern, Eulogio De La Cruz and Burke Badenhop, but they have to keep some arms as insurance in case someone in Detroit's rotation is injured. They have a little surplus in the middle infield with Michael Hollimon, Brent Dlugach and Scott Sizemore, but none of them would be expected to draw much on their own as opposed to being a secondary part of a package deal.
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646

PostSubject: Re: Tigers Winter Meetings checklist   Tigers Winter Meetings checklist Icon_minipostedWed Nov 28, 2007 9:42 pm

Verlander, Bonderman, Robertson + 1 more = 4 starters. Don't the Tigers usually have a 5 man rotation? :shrug:
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male
Number of posts : 8973
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : All of 'em, except the BAD ones!!
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Tigers Winter Meetings checklist   Tigers Winter Meetings checklist Icon_minipostedWed Nov 28, 2007 10:31 pm

This is what I've been saying!!

Two starters needed. I would HATE to count on Miller, Durbin, Miner for that #5 spot.
Miller to Erie, Durbin and Miner in the pen.

I would rather just get Maroth back!!
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tigers Winter Meetings checklist   Tigers Winter Meetings checklist Icon_minipostedWed Nov 28, 2007 10:31 pm

We can ALWAYS dump Grilli. No harm, no foul!!
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female
Number of posts : 9935
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I like fish at the moment....
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Tigers Winter Meetings checklist   Tigers Winter Meetings checklist Icon_minipostedWed Nov 28, 2007 10:36 pm

I'd take Maroth back too!
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

bobrob2004

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tigers Winter Meetings checklist   Tigers Winter Meetings checklist Icon_minipostedWed Nov 28, 2007 11:45 pm

SoulRat wrote:

Oh, so that's the lefty!
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

bobrob2004

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tigers Winter Meetings checklist   Tigers Winter Meetings checklist Icon_minipostedWed Nov 28, 2007 11:46 pm

bobrob2004 wrote:
SoulRat wrote:

Oh, so that's the lefty!

Wait, wrong thread...
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

bobrob2004

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tigers Winter Meetings checklist   Tigers Winter Meetings checklist Icon_minipostedWed Nov 28, 2007 11:46 pm

bobrob2004 wrote:
bobrob2004 wrote:
SoulRat wrote:

Oh, so that's the lefty!

Wait, wrong thread...

42 degrees outside!
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

bobrob2004

Male

bobrob2004 wrote:
bobrob2004 wrote:
bobrob2004 wrote:
SoulRat wrote:

Oh, so that's the lefty!

Wait, wrong thread...

42 degrees outside!

whistle
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tigers Winter Meetings checklist   Tigers Winter Meetings checklist Icon_minipostedWed Nov 28, 2007 11:47 pm

But you are getting warmer........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tigers Winter Meetings checklist   Tigers Winter Meetings checklist Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: Tiger Talk :: Team Discussion & Game Day Posts-
Jump to: