DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Dodgers to play at the Coliseum

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Dodgers to play at the Coliseum - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dodgers to play at the Coliseum   Dodgers to play at the Coliseum - Page 3 Icon_minipostedMon Dec 03, 2007 12:50 am

It sure does
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male
Number of posts : 8973
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : All of 'em, except the BAD ones!!

PostSubject: Re: Dodgers to play at the Coliseum   Dodgers to play at the Coliseum - Page 3 Icon_minipostedMon Dec 03, 2007 9:11 am

yeah, it do.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: Dodgers to play at the Coliseum   Dodgers to play at the Coliseum - Page 3 Icon_minipostedThu Dec 06, 2007 8:43 pm

Yes!
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male
Number of posts : 8973
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : All of 'em, except the BAD ones!!

PostSubject: Re: Dodgers to play at the Coliseum   Dodgers to play at the Coliseum - Page 3 Icon_minipostedFri Dec 07, 2007 11:28 am

Yes, indeed.
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)
Registration date : 2007-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Dodgers to play at the Coliseum   Dodgers to play at the Coliseum - Page 3 Icon_minipostedFri Dec 07, 2007 7:40 pm

Dodgers to play at the Coliseum - Page 3 1849806544_c70ee0e8dc_m :'( Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander

PostSubject: Re: Dodgers to play at the Coliseum   Dodgers to play at the Coliseum - Page 3 Icon_minipostedFri Dec 07, 2007 7:48 pm

This is the old configuration. There are seats that are where the track used to be (that brown thing around the edges) so adjust the dimensions accordingly.

Dodgers to play at the Coliseum - Page 3 MemorialColiseum

Now I did a little guesstimating and on my monitor HP to the LF wall is 37 mm which is the equivalent of 251 ft. When you measure to the edge of the track it's only 32 mm which converts to 217 ft. Yikes!
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: Dodgers to play at the Coliseum   Dodgers to play at the Coliseum - Page 3 Icon_minipostedFri Dec 07, 2007 7:54 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
This is the old configuration. There are seats that are where the track used to be (that brown thing around the edges) so adjust the dimensions accordingly.

Dodgers to play at the Coliseum - Page 3 MemorialColiseum

Now I did a little guesstimating and on my monitor HP to the LF wall is 37 mm which is the equivalent of 251 ft. When you measure to the edge of the track it's only 32 mm which converts to 217 ft. Yikes!

I would think some great HR's could be hit in left field!
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dodgers to play at the Coliseum   Dodgers to play at the Coliseum - Page 3 Icon_minipostedFri Dec 07, 2007 7:58 pm

Well they do have that FOURTY-TWO foot net in LF. That helps a little. They say they're going to use it this year, too.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dodgers to play at the Coliseum   Dodgers to play at the Coliseum - Page 3 Icon_minipostedFri Dec 07, 2007 8:03 pm

Dodgers to play at the Coliseum - Page 3 Coliseum_-_Dodger_picture600
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dodgers to play at the Coliseum   Dodgers to play at the Coliseum - Page 3 Icon_minipostedFri Dec 07, 2007 8:15 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
Well they do have that FOURTY-TWO foot net in LF. That helps a little. They say they're going to use it this year, too.

Is the net an auto 2 bagger or just bounces the ball back into play, or a HR?
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dodgers to play at the Coliseum   Dodgers to play at the Coliseum - Page 3 Icon_minipostedFri Dec 07, 2007 8:20 pm

gogetemtigers wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:

Is the net an auto 2 bagger or just bounces the ball back into play, or a HR?

I'm not actually sure. I want to say double but I can't verify that. A brief search doesn't really say.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dodgers to play at the Coliseum   Dodgers to play at the Coliseum - Page 3 Icon_minipostedFri Dec 07, 2007 8:28 pm

Dodgers to play at the Coliseum - Page 3 Coliseum2LAD
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dodgers to play at the Coliseum   Dodgers to play at the Coliseum - Page 3 Icon_minipostedFri Dec 07, 2007 8:33 pm

L.A. Coliseum
Los Angeles, CA

Home of the Los Angeles Dodgers for four years, the L.A. Coliseum was the most inadequate place for baseball to be played at. When Walter O’Malley decided to move the Brooklyn Dodgers to Los Angeles, three playing sites were waiting. The sites included L.A. Wrigley Field, the Rose Bowl or the L.A. Coliseum. Until a new stadium could be constructed, O’Malley chose the L.A. Coliseum. Originally constructed for the 1932 Olympics, the stadium served mainly as a football stadium and continues to today. However, in order for the stadium to be suitable for baseball three banks of lights were added, dugouts were built, a press box was constructed and two screens were put into place. One screen was placed behind home plate and the other was located from the left field foul pole to centerfield because it was only 251 feet from the foul pole to home plate.

The Dodgers played their first game in Los Angeles at the coliseum on April 18, 1958. A massive one tier grandstand circled the entire playing field. The main entrance was at the opposite end of home plate. With a capacity over 90,000, the coliseum became the largest stadium ever to host baseball. The Dodgers attracted more than 1.8 million fans in 1958. In 1959, a football game between USC and Ohio State was played at the coliseum. A hour after its completion, the first World Series game in California was played. While the Dodgers played at the coliseum, a new ballpark was being built at Chavez Ravine. The last Dodgers game at the coliseum was on September 21, 1961. The Dodgers moved into Dodger Stadium the next year. The L.A. Coliseum still stands today and is the home of the USC football team. In celebration of their 50th year in Los Angeles, in November 2007 the Dodgers announced they will play an exhibition game on March 29, 2008 against the Boston Red Sox at the Coliseum. It is estimated that the Dodgers will spend around $250,000 to build temporary dugouts for the game as well as erect a longer and larger metal curtain in left field.

Los Angeles Coliseum Facts and Figures

• Tenants: Los Angeles Dodgers (MLB), Numerous College/NFL Teams
  • Capacity: 92,572
  • Surface: Grass
  • Cost: $954,000
  • Opened: April 18, 1958 (MLB)
  • Closed: September 21, 1961 (MLB)
  • Demolished: Still Standing
  • Dimensions: 250-L, 425-C, 301-R (original) 252-L, 420-C, 300-R (final)
  • Architect: Donald and John Parkinson
  • Location: Along Menlo Ave., West 39th St., North Coliseum Dr.

Dodgers to play at the Coliseum - Page 3 Lacolmain
Dodgers to play at the Coliseum - Page 3 Lamemcolis
Dodgers to play at the Coliseum - Page 3 Lamem6
Dodgers to play at the Coliseum - Page 3 Lamem7
Dodgers to play at the Coliseum - Page 3 Lamem26
Dodgers to play at the Coliseum - Page 3 Lacol903
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dodgers to play at the Coliseum   Dodgers to play at the Coliseum - Page 3 Icon_minipostedFri Dec 07, 2007 8:40 pm

Are you pumped? hahah. I just read some of that, but I don't think you are getting anymore season tickets.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dodgers to play at the Coliseum   Dodgers to play at the Coliseum - Page 3 Icon_minipostedFri Dec 07, 2007 8:44 pm

cdurbfan22 wrote:
Are you pumped? hahah. I just read some of that, but I don't think you are getting anymore season tickets.

I'm stoked! They only play one game there. I'll be there! First game at the Coliseum in 46 years!
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dodgers to play at the Coliseum   Dodgers to play at the Coliseum - Page 3 Icon_minipostedFri Dec 07, 2007 8:48 pm

You lucky fellow! I just hope to see the Tigers in Det. The way tickets are going, I will have to see them in cleveland, that sucks! But Cleveland is 3 hr away whereas Det is 5!
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dodgers to play at the Coliseum   Dodgers to play at the Coliseum - Page 3 Icon_minipostedFri Dec 07, 2007 8:49 pm

gogetemtigers wrote:
You lucky fellow! I just hope to see the Tigers in Det. The way tickets are going, I will have to see them in cleveland, that sucks! But Cleveland is 3 hr away whereas Det is 5!

While we're discussing going places, have you been to a Reds game ever?
I drove through Cincinnati on my way home from Michigan last summer and it seemed kind of cool. Is it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dodgers to play at the Coliseum   Dodgers to play at the Coliseum - Page 3 Icon_minipostedFri Dec 07, 2007 8:51 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
cdurbfan22 wrote:

I'm stoked! They only play one game there. I'll be there! First game at the Coliseum in 46 years!

Ohh I'm soo jealous, I didn't realize that the Tigs were playing there. That is awesome, I'm excited for you actually.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dodgers to play at the Coliseum   Dodgers to play at the Coliseum - Page 3 Icon_minipostedFri Dec 07, 2007 8:53 pm

cdurbfan22 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
cdurbfan22 wrote:

Ohh I'm soo jealous, I didn't realize that the Tigs were playing there. That is awesome, I'm excited for you actually.

No, the Tigers aren't playing there. It's the Red Sox puke

Still, this is the first time in 46 years the Dodgers will play a baseball game there. They'll probably never play there again. The stadium is TERRIBLE for baseball (251 ft. to LF - even shorter now!)

It seats 95,000 though.
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dodgers to play at the Coliseum   Dodgers to play at the Coliseum - Page 3 Icon_minipostedFri Dec 07, 2007 8:54 pm

I saw them play in their old stadium, just like Pittsburgh. I hated the old bowl stadiums. I would love to see a game in Cinncy new park. I plan on going to Pitts PNC Park this year. Maybe when the fish play there!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dodgers to play at the Coliseum   Dodgers to play at the Coliseum - Page 3 Icon_minipostedFri Dec 07, 2007 9:06 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
cdurbfan22 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
cdurbfan22 wrote:

No, the Tigers aren't playing there. It's the Red Sox puke

Still, this is the first time in 46 years the Dodgers will play a baseball game there. They'll probably never play there again. The stadium is TERRIBLE for baseball (251 ft. to LF - even shorter now!)

It seats 95,000 though.

Oh I see. I was extremely too lazy to read the article. That is still pretty cool.

Can you tell the bird killer hello please??????!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dodgers to play at the Coliseum   Dodgers to play at the Coliseum - Page 3 Icon_minipostedFri Dec 07, 2007 10:41 pm

gogetemtigers wrote:
I saw them play in their old stadium, just like Pittsburgh. I hated the old bowl stadiums. I would love to see a game in Cinncy new park. I plan on going to Pitts PNC Park this year. Maybe when the fish play there!

Oh that's right, Pittsburgh is fairly close to you. I don't know why, but that never makes sense to me. I'm always under the impression that Pittsburgh is on the east coast near Boston and New York, but it's not.

I sort of saw Cinci's new park but that was from the freeway (I think...I remember seeing the football stadium) but it's hard to form much of an opinion at 75 miles an hour.
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dodgers to play at the Coliseum   Dodgers to play at the Coliseum - Page 3 Icon_minipostedFri Dec 07, 2007 10:51 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
gogetemtigers wrote:

Oh that's right, Pittsburgh is fairly close to you. I don't know why, but that never makes sense to me. I'm always under the impression that Pittsburgh is on the east coast near Boston and New York, but it's not.

I sort of saw Cinci's new park but that was from the freeway (I think...I remember seeing the football stadium) but it's hard to form much of an opinion at 75 miles an hour.

lol! Yes, Pittsburgh is only about a 45 min to 1 hr drive for me.

Grreat American Park, Cincy is unusual for a modern park, most face the open outfield towards the downtown skyline, GAPark faces the Ohio river and Kentucky!

Dodgers to play at the Coliseum - Page 3 Cincinnati-view-from-great
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dodgers to play at the Coliseum   Dodgers to play at the Coliseum - Page 3 Icon_minipostedFri Dec 07, 2007 10:58 pm

That river seemed to be the coolest part of Cincinnati (at least from the freeway I was on). Other than the stuff within about 2 miles of that river Cincinnati looked like a dump. All the sudden Cincinnati looked really cool right before I got to the river. Of course once you cross that river....well, you know. It's Kentucky puke and it only gets worse the further you go. A billboard I saw in KY:

"Dentures from $250"

I've never seen dentures advertised...
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dodgers to play at the Coliseum   Dodgers to play at the Coliseum - Page 3 Icon_minipostedFri Dec 07, 2007 11:04 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
That river seemed to be the coolest part of Cincinnati (at least from the freeway I was on). Other than the stuff within about 2 miles of that river Cincinnati looked like a dump. All the sudden Cincinnati looked really cool right before I got to the river. Of course once you cross that river....well, you know. It's Kentucky puke and it only gets worse the further you go. A billboard I saw in KY:

"Dentures from $250"

I've never seen dentures advertised...

That sounds like this area too, we have a discount denture place that has a sign on I-70 in St Clairsville OH. I think the dentures are $300 there!
:haha:
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dodgers to play at the Coliseum   Dodgers to play at the Coliseum - Page 3 Icon_minipostedSat Dec 08, 2007 1:19 am

Thanks for the Photos! The field at the Coliseum sure looked torn up in some of the photos! Wonder how good the field will be Next Spring!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dodgers to play at the Coliseum   Dodgers to play at the Coliseum - Page 3 Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Dodgers to play at the Coliseum
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3